Dirt on My Shirt by Jeff Foxworthy

Dirt on My Shirt (edition 2008)

by Jeff Foxworthy, Steve Bjorkman (Illustrator)

Member:Elham.mkh
Title:Dirt on My Shirt
Authors:Jeff Foxworthy
Other authors:Steve Bjorkman (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (2008), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 32 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:animals, children's literature, humorous Poetry, children's poetry, American, comedy, family, friendship, funny, humor, Jeff Foxworthy, non-fiction, picture book, poems, poetry

Dirt on My Shirt by Jeff Foxworthy

Flamboyant illustrations fill the pages and surround the text of Dirt on my Shirt bringing the story to life! The collection of hysterical poems capture the innocent fun of childhood; including essential themes, such as the bonds of two friends. Poems also include the everyday happenings of being a child; bubble baths, escaping balloons, and fun time with dad. In addition to the relatable aspects, the rhymes were fun and simple to remember. This is a great piece to read aloud! ( )
  nfigue1 | Oct 1, 2014 |
Dirt on my Shirt
By Jeff Foxworthy

I liked Dirt on my Shirt by Jeff Foxworthy for three reasons. First, I liked the variation of poem length within the collection. Specifically, there are poems as short as four lines, as long as sixteen lines, and everything in between. This is awesome because it expresses to readers that significant ideas can be expressed in just four lines. Second, I liked how some of the poems cover familiar, kid-family topics like lost baseball hats and bubble baths. Lastly, I liked how Foxworthy incorporates humorous poems about his relatives such as, Grandma, Grandaddy, Uncles, Aunts, and Cousins. These poems are funny because essentially Foxworthy is harmlessly making fun of his family members. Overall, the “big idea” of Dirt on my Shirt is introduce young children to poetry. In addition, Foxworthy does an excellent job capturing the essence of being a kid. ( )
  Mdierd1 | Apr 15, 2014 |
This is a book of poetry, I really enjoyed. The poems are short and fun. All of the poems are about fun things and the titles alone make me think of my childhood. For example, some of titles are, Friends, Hide-and-Seek, Staring Contest, and Bubbles. The poems are easy to relate and connect to.

Another reason I like this book is because of the illustrations. They are bright and exciting and really enhance the poetry. For example, One of the poems is titled Grandma. It is about a grandma who wears bright red lipstick and it usually ends up on her nose. In the illustration the grandma has bright pink hair, bright white teeth, and shiny earrings. Also is the red lipstick with some of it on the Grandma's nose.
The main idea in this book of poetry is family and childhood. ( )
  jraeke1 | Mar 30, 2014 |
Author: Jeff Foxworthy
Title: Dirt on My Shirt
Illustrator: Steve Bjorkman
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
2008
26 pages
Literary Genre: Poetry
In this poetry book there were 33 short poems for children to read. All the poems had to do with different subjects.
This poetry book was very cute! I would recommend this book to kids ages preschool to second grade. Kids older might enjoy it too but I think the younger ones would really like it and the illustrations.
  MaeghanS | Mar 26, 2014 |
A funny book of poetry that kids will enjoy. One of the poems even features hidden pictures to locate. ( )
  SJoachim | Nov 25, 2013 |

Jeff Foxworthyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bjorkman, SteveIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061208469, Hardcover)

In this hilarious collection of poems, comedian Jeff Foxworthy creates a neighborhood filled with fun, family, friends, and more. Here you'll meet Cousin Lizzy, Uncle Ed and Aunt Foo Foo, cows with horns that don't go beep, dads in sweaters, also sheep. From the thrill of flying to the imaginary planet Woosocket to bonding with a friend over a shared hatred of spinach, these poems capture the very essence of being a kid.

Filled with sly humor and always affectionate, Dirt on My Shirt is sure to delight kids, big and little, everywhere.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:48:42 -0400)

Selected from the best-selling picture book by Jeff Foxworthy, these humorous poems are ready for beginning readers to enjoy. From meeting Auntie Brooke and Uncle Keith to searching for tadpoles and snakes, young readers will love discovering Jeff's vibrant neighborhood for themselves.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,327,610 books! | Top bar: Always visible