Dirt on My Shirt by Jeff Foxworthy

Dirt on My Shirt (edition 2008)

by Jeff Foxworthy, Steve Bjorkman (Illustrator)

Title:Dirt on My Shirt
Authors:Jeff Foxworthy
Other authors:Steve Bjorkman (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (2008), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 32 pages
Tags:animals, children's literature, humorous Poetry, children's poetry, American, comedy, family, friendship, funny, humor, Jeff Foxworthy, non-fiction, picture book, poems, poetry

Dirt on My Shirt by Jeff Foxworthy

What a fun little book - silly but surprisingly sweet with lots of love packed in these little poems. ( )
  Ellen_R | Jan 15, 2016 |
It's silly, funny, and the poems are not too long. ( )
  shelbewelbee | Nov 15, 2015 |
Filled with sly humor and always affectionate, Dirt on My Shirt is sure to delight kids, big and little, everywhere! ( )
  Jacobf | Oct 20, 2015 |
I thought this was going to b e a book about a boy having dirt on his shirt but it was about many different stories told in the form of poems. Some of the stories were really good and some were funny. ( )
  MicaiahC | Oct 20, 2015 |
This book was very fun. There were many poems, but there was a picture for each poem. Whether there was one or three poems on a page, each would have at least one picture. I think this is important for children to visual what the author wants them to see. Poetry can be hard to decipher at first, but the pictures aide students with the ideas. I also like how the poems had a few general themes, for example, there were multiple about family members, and then there were many about nature and being outside. While this keeps things different, it also makes the book have a little consistency. All the poems are very kid friendly and kid relatable. The big message in this book, is to see things differently. Don’t just look outside, imagine things outside. Don’t just look at your family members, think of their qualities and how they make each person unique. ( )
  AudreyLast | Apr 19, 2015 |

Jeff Foxworthyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Bjorkman, SteveIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061208469, Hardcover)

In this hilarious collection of poems, comedian Jeff Foxworthy creates a neighborhood filled with fun, family, friends, and more. Here you'll meet Cousin Lizzy, Uncle Ed and Aunt Foo Foo, cows with horns that don't go beep, dads in sweaters, also sheep. From the thrill of flying to the imaginary planet Woosocket to bonding with a friend over a shared hatred of spinach, these poems capture the very essence of being a kid.

Filled with sly humor and always affectionate, Dirt on My Shirt is sure to delight kids, big and little, everywhere.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:42 -0400)

Selected from the best-selling picture book by Jeff Foxworthy, these humorous poems are ready for beginning readers to enjoy. From meeting Auntie Brooke and Uncle Keith to searching for tadpoles and snakes, young readers will love discovering Jeff's vibrant neighborhood for themselves.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,709,948 books! | Top bar: Always visible