Transfer of Power by Vince Flynn

Transfer of Power (edition 2010)

by Vince Flynn

Rating:***

Transfer of Power by Vince Flynn

Good read. ( )
  aujames95 | Jul 7, 2014 |
Definitely will be continuing the series. Great read! ( )
  wallerdc | Mar 26, 2014 |
Excellent story about terrorists taking over the White House. There's the political side of the story with the Vice President taking over, and the various security agencies trying to run things (CIA, FBI, Secret Service, Seal Team 6, Delta Force, etc., etc.) Mitch Rapp (aka The Iron Man) is our secret, inside man.

The book was written in 1999, so there are references to Saddam Hussein, and a couple other small things. But I loved this book - - - full of ACTION.

This is my first Vince Flynn book, but he has definitely moved up to my top 5 list of authors. ( )
1 vote blush48 | Jul 24, 2013 |
I was not expecting to enjoy this book as much as I did but it was a very good read.

It was a book that was hard to put down, it goes at a fast pace for almost all 549 pages of the paperback edition I read.

The characters are developed and there is not so many you loose track of whose who. The plot though it has some less then realistic moments it isn't so far fetched that it becomes laughable.

One item I like is that in the political/spy thrillers a lot of books I read the authors get to much in to technicalities of accuracies they read more lie a text book the a work of fiction, thankfully Flynn avoids that but does give some insights of knowledge.

Bottom line is I will probably read another one of Flynn's book especially if it is part of the Mitch Rapp character series. ( )
  ScottKalas | Jun 10, 2013 |
I'm giving this 3 stars, only because I read the book in a day, so it obviously kept my attention. The book definitely had its moments of suspense and excitement, I'll say that, but I was expecting a bit more. The characters were a bit vacuous and more caricatured than real, it's like the book was written by an obvious Republican who wants nothing more than to demonise Democrats as morons and narcissists. That part was really transparent.

This book is for commando fans, commando wannabes and commandos who like to read about which weapon the character is wielding, and which helicopter is being utilised - if that's you, then this is perfect masturbatory material. The pages devoted to makes and models of the tools of terrorism and counter-terrorism I found to be unnecessary, but that's because it's not my thing. If it is, then read this book. I just want a bit more of the intelligent side of terrorism, putting aside the whole "we're right and you're wrong" simplicity of the plot (which these books tend to have), I wanted more. I might give the next in the series a read because I don't want to dismiss the books based on just one, especially when I did enjoy the book, but I was rather generous in my rating of 3 stars. Then again I may not get around to reading that next book of his and that wouldn't be sad for me - if I do, fine, if I don't, well then I've not lost anything in life. ( )
  SpasticSarcastic | Apr 1, 2013 |

Vince Flynnprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sullivan, NickNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Terence and Kathleen Flynn
A fine mist fell from the darkening spring sky as the black limousine turned off E Street.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0671023209, Mass Market Paperback)

What if America's most powerful leader was also its prime target?

On a busy Washington morning, the stately calm of the White House is shattered as terrorists gain control of the executive mansion, slaughtering dozens of people. The president is evacuated to an underground bunker, but not before nearly one hundred hostages are taken. One man is sent in to take control of the crisis. Mitch Rapp, the CIA's top counterterrorism operative, determines that the president is not as safe as Washington's power elite had thought. Moving among the corridors of the White House, Rapp makes a chilling discovery that could rock Washington to its core: someone within his own government wants his rescue attempt to fail.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:32:29 -0400)

When a gang of terrorists seizes control of the White House, taking hostages, leaving many dead, and driving the president to a secret bunker, it is up to the CIA's top counterterrorism specialist, Mitch Rapp, to stop the insurrection.

Five editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,402,802 books! | Top bar: Always visible