El códice maya by Douglas Preston

El códice maya (original 2003; edition 2005)

by Douglas Preston, Aurora Echevarría (Tr)

Member:sora91
Title:El códice maya
Authors:Douglas Preston
Other authors:Aurora Echevarría (Tr)
Info:Barcelona : Plaza & Janés Editores, 2005
Collections:Leídos, Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:aventuras

The Codex by Douglas Preston (2003)

English (28)  Dutch (3)  Spanish (1)  All languages (32)
THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING. I loved it from start to finish. It was action packed, puzzling, exciting, romantic and hilarious! It is seriously one of the best books I've ever read. Preston has a way of keeping the story moving quickly, but still delivering minute and important details without letting the story drag. After the first page I was hooked. The characters he described and introduced in the book were so easily for me to see in my head. I was able to connect to them in such a heartfelt way that I felt as though I could experience what they were just by reading the novel. I am just blown away by this book. Preston has now joined the list of my most favorite authors; I will be reading all his books. If you want a rip-roaring, action-packed fun read -- this is the book for you!

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME. ( )
  MermaidxLibrarian | Jul 16, 2015 |
Great story,lots of surprises, completed 09-11-2014, great entainment for a buck
  trexm5qp7 | Sep 11, 2014 |
Not too bad for an adventure-type novel. I guiltily enjoyed it and might look at some of Preston's other books. ( )
  lgwapnitsky | Feb 6, 2014 |
Not Preston's best book but still enjoyable. ( )
  Nathaniel.Burns | Oct 28, 2013 |
Maxwell Broadbent disappears with half a billion dollars worth of art. His sons are called to the carpet by the police they summon after they think the house has been robbed until they find out that the "looter" is their own father.

If you want to feel better about one of your parents, this book is an entertaining way to thank your lucky stars that Maxwell Broadbent is not your dad.

This is also a book about trust, which turns notions of what I think about people a bit on their heads.

The most interesting part to me was the Codex, a Mayan encyclopedia of all the plants, insects and animals in the rainforest and their medicinal properties. It was so fascinating to me that, while the bad guys wanted the art, money and jewels, the things that everyone really wanted was the Codex. ( )
  jlapac | Aug 14, 2013 |
To Aletheia Vaune Preston and Isaac Jerome Preston
Tom Broadbent turned the last corner of the winding drive and found his two brothers already waiting at the great iron gates of the Broadbent compound.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 076534629X, Mass Market Paperback)

"Greetings from the dead," declares Maxwell Broadbent on the videotape he left behind after his mysterious disappearance. A notorious treasure hunter and tomb robber, Broadbent accumulated over a half a billion dollars' worth of priceless art, gems, and artifacts before vanishing---along with his entire collection---from his mansion in New Mexico.

The race is on, but the three brothers are not the only ones competing for the treasure. This secret is so astounding it cannot be kept quiet for long. With half a billion dollars at stake, as well as an ancient Mayan codex that may hold a cure for cancer and other deadly diseases, others soon join the hunt---and some of them will stop at nothing to claim the grave goods.
The bestselling coauthor of such page-turning thrillers as Relic and The Cabinet of Curiosities, Douglas Preston now spins an unforgettable tale of greed, adventure, and betrayal.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:49 -0400)

""Greetings from the dead," declares Maxwell Broadbent on the videotape he left behind after his mysterious disappearance. A notorious treasure hunter and tomb robber, Broadbent accumulated over a half a billion dollars' worth of priceless art, gems, and artifacts before vanishing - along with his entire collection - from his mansion in New Mexico." "At first, robbery is suspected, but the truth proves far stranger: As a final challenge to his three sons, Broadbent has buried himself and his treasure somewhere in the world, hidden away like an ancient Egyptian pharaoh. If the sons wish to claim their fabulous inheritance, they must find their father's carefully concealed tomb."."The race is on, but the three brothers are not the only ones competing for the treasure. This secret is so astounding it cannot be kept quiet for long. With half a billion dollars at stake, as well as an ancient Mayan codex that may hold a cure for cancer and other deadly diseases, others soon join the hunt - and some of them will stop at nothing to claim the grave goods."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,412,533 books! | Top bar: Always visible