The Zero Game by Brad Meltzer

The Zero Game (edition 2012)

by Brad Meltzer

Member:growling529
Title:The Zero Game
Authors:Brad Meltzer
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2012), Mass Market Paperback, 512 pages
Tags:Read

The Zero Game by Brad Meltzer

Recently added bypatcolin, private library, Peace2, Catsplus

English (18)  Dutch (1)  All languages (19)
could not get into it. Congressional pages betting and doing stupid actions. Not believable to me.
  GENEBOOKY | May 3, 2013 |
In Mr. Meltzer usual way, he has written another page turner with twists, turns and suspense. Set in DC, you can envision this scenario happening. Would make a great movie. ( )
  alwaysbooktime | Apr 1, 2013 |
  alwaysbooktime | Mar 31, 2013 |
Fun reading story with a twist at the end. This was my first Meltzer, I'll read another. ( )
  buffalogr | Jan 16, 2013 |
This was a "Buddy" read that my husband and I read together. I hate to admit it, but this is my first Brad Meltzer novel. I had this book on my shelf for quite awhile.
This was a take no prisoners thrill ride. From the beginning to the shocking end, the twist, turns, and action never slowed down.
Matthew and Harry play what they think is a harmless little game on Capitol Hill. But, the stakes in the game suddenly take on a more serious tone. As a result, Matthew begins to feel a little nervous and decides watch the situation a little closer. But, someone doesn't like Matthew's snooping.
From the very beginning, we were hooked on this book. We both couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen next.
The inside knowledge of the Capitol, pages, interns, and lobbyist gave the novel a feel of authenticity. The charcters were likable and we found ourselves rooting for them all the way. Be sure to stay with the book until the very end. There is a surprise twist at the end. I love that stuff!
Overall an A- ( )
  gpangel | Dec 28, 2012 |

Brad Meltzerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Knuuttila, OutiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
If the American people found out what was going on there,
they would tear it down brick by brick.
Howard R. Ryland
Capital police officer
On Congress
...the real problem is that government is boring..
P. J. O'Rourke
For Jonas,
my son,
who holds my hand,
tugs me along,
and takes me on the most
cherished adventure of all
I don't belong here.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446612111, Mass Market Paperback)

The New York Times bestselling author of The Millionaires and The First Counsel returns to Wash-ington, D.C., with the story of an insider's game that turns deadly.

Matthew Mercer and Harris Sandler are best friends who have plum jobs as senior staffers to well-respected congressmen. But after a decade in Washington, idealism has faded to disillusionment, and they're bored. Then one of them finds out about the clandestine Zero Game. It starts out as good fun-a simple wager between friends. But when someone close to them ends up dead, Harris and Matthew realize the game is far more sinister than they ever imagined-and that they're about to be the game's next victims. On the run, they turn to the only person they can trust: a 16-year-old Senate page who can move around the Capitol undetected. As a ruthless killer creeps closer, this idealistic page not only holds the key to saving their lives, but is also determined to redeem them in the process. Come play The Zero Game-you can bet your life on it.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:43:15 -0400)

Bored and disillusioned with their jobs as senior staffers to a respected congressman, Matthew Mercer and Harris Sandler become involved in the clandestine Zero Game, but when someone close to them turns up dead, they discover the sinister intent of the "game" and realize that they are intended to become the game's next victims.… (more)

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,700,402 books! | Top bar: Always visible