Twenty Wishes by Debbie Macomber

Twenty Wishes

by Debbie Macomber

Series: Blossom Street (5)

It's always fun to spend time on Blossom Street. The predictability is sometimes just what I need in a book. ( )
  janb37 | Feb 13, 2017 |
Frances Fuller
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
This is quite a book and it hit home on find that something to make you happy. Anne Marie need to make a list of twenty wishes and she does with her friends she starts out with having going to be a lunch buddy. She does not know that soon she will find her happiness though a child named Ellen.

When something happens to Ellen grandmother. She takes in Ellen until Ellen grandmother get better. But thing get a little empty and she realized that she misses Ellen. Though this story Anne Marie finds away to help her stepdaughter Melissa as well. Find out what all the surprise are in this exciting story though that is up to you if you choose not read it. ( )
  Lindz2012 | Feb 22, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this story! The characters were very enduring. I connected with all of them right away. The ending was very satisfying as always with Debbie Macomber novels. My only wish is that she would make her stories a little more modern. It seems odd to read about women in the 21st century who never check email or use their cellphones. In one part of the story a character wants a guy to call her and she actually takes out a pen and paper to write her phone number down. That seems out-dated to me. And I hated hearing the characters say "you can find anything on the Internet!" or "I found out a lot about so and so on the Internet!" But overall, I still love her stories and this one was a delightful. I read it in one day! I am still looking forward to the next book in this series. ( )
  Erika.D | Jan 28, 2016 |
A great book with multiple love stories and such an action packed thought provoking theme. I enjoyed all the various characters and their divergent issues. It's got me wondering about my list. Four widow's get together on valentines day and come up with a concept to create a twenty wishes list.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |

Debbie Macomberprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sirois, Tanya EbyReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To June Scobee Rodgers My dear friend An inspiration And a joy
It was six o'clock on Valentine's Day, an hour that should have marked the beginning of a celebration - the way it had when she and Robert were married.

What do you want most in the world?

Anne Marie Roche wants to find happiness again. At 38 her life s not what she d expected--she s childless, a recent widow, alone. She owns a successful bookstore on Seattle s Blossom Street, but despite her accomplishments, there s a feeling of emptiness.

On Valentine s Day, Anne Marie and several other widows get together to celebrate...what? Hope, possibility, the future. They each begin a list of twenty wishes, things they always wanted to do but never did.

Anne Marie s list starts with: Find one good thing about life. It includes learning to knit, doing good for someone else, falling in love again. She begins to act on her wishes and when she volunteers at a local school, an eight-year-old girl named Ellen enters her life. It s a relationship that becomes far more involving than Anne Marie intended. It also becomes far more important than she ever imagined.

As Ellen helps Anne Marie complete her list of twenty wishes, they both learn that wishes can come true--but not necessarily in the way you expect.

As millions of women know, Debbie Macomber understands their lives and writes the stories they want to read.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:02 -0400)

Thirty-eight-year-old widow Anne Marie Roche, the owner of a successful Seattle bookstore, creates a list of twenty wishes, and, while acting upon her wishes, encounters an eight-year-old girl named Ellen who helps her complete her list--with unexpected results.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,184,620 books! | Top bar: Always visible