Twenty Wishes by Debbie Macomber

Twenty Wishes

by Debbie Macomber

Series: Blossom Street (5)

I really enjoyed this story! The characters were very enduring. I connected with all of them right away. The ending was very satisfying as always with Debbie Macomber novels. My only wish is that she would make her stories a little more modern. It seems odd to read about women in the 21st century who never check email or use their cellphones. In one part of the story a character wants a guy to call her and she actually takes out a pen and paper to write her phone number down. That seems out-dated to me. And I hated hearing the characters say "you can find anything on the Internet!" or "I found out a lot about so and so on the Internet!" But overall, I still love her stories and this one was a delightful. I read it in one day! I am still looking forward to the next book in this series. ( )
  Erika.D | Jan 28, 2016 |
A great book with multiple love stories and such an action packed thought provoking theme. I enjoyed all the various characters and their divergent issues. It's got me wondering about my list. Four widow's get together on valentines day and come up with a concept to create a twenty wishes list.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
Five widows get together and decide that each should compile a list of 20 wishes to jump start their lives. Monenof my favorite Blossom Street books. Anne Marie gets over her husbands death, finds Ellen, and starts the family she has long wanted. ( )
  pennykaplan | Jan 1, 2015 |
A nice light read set in Seattle, Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street #5) by Debbie Macomber has some great takeaways. I have not read all the books in the series so looking forward to reading more, as playing catch up with the Cedar Cove series, as well.

A group of widowed women come together on Valentine's Day, to create a list of items (similar to a bucket list). Each woman has a story and needs to be fulfilled. As each of them begin their list, they think unrealistic; however, as time goes on the items on the list became closer to their wishes, but not necessarily in the way they expected. The audiobook was nice read by Tanya Eby Sirois.
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
Anne Marie Roche wants to have some joy in her life. At the age of thirty-eight, she is living the sort of life that she never expected nor intended for herself - she's childless, a recent widow, and alone. She owns a successful bookstore on Seattle's Blossom Street, but despite her numerous accomplishments, there's still an inescapable feeling of emptiness...Anne Marie is terribly lonely and desperately unhappy.

On Valentine's Day, she and several other widows get together to celebrate...what exactly? Hope, new possibilities, the future? Maybe...But what would you want most in the world? The ladies each begin to write a list of twenty wishes for themselves, things they always wanted to do but never did.

Anne Marie's list starts with: 'Find one good thing about life'. This includes learning how to knit, doing something good for someone else, falling in love again. So, she begins to act on her wishes. When she volunteers at a local school, an eight-year-old girl named Ellen enters her life. Their relationship becomes far more involved and time-consuming than Anne Marie had originally intended. It also becomes far more important to her than she ever could have imagined.

As Ellen helps Anne Marie complete her list of twenty wishes, they both learn that wishes can come true - just not necessarily in the way you might expect.

I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I found it to be a true feel-good story; comforting and emotionally satisfying for me. Kind of like a warm and cozy bubble bath for the senses. I would give Twenty Wishes by Debbie Macomber an A+! She is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. ( )
  moonshineandrosefire | Sep 12, 2014 |

Debbie Macomberprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sirois, Tanya EbyReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To June Scobee Rodgers My dear friend An inspiration And a joy
It was six o'clock on Valentine's Day, an hour that should have marked the beginning of a celebration - the way it had when she and Robert were married.

What do you want most in the world?

Anne Marie Roche wants to find happiness again. At 38 her life s not what she d expected--she s childless, a recent widow, alone. She owns a successful bookstore on Seattle s Blossom Street, but despite her accomplishments, there s a feeling of emptiness.

On Valentine s Day, Anne Marie and several other widows get together to celebrate...what? Hope, possibility, the future. They each begin a list of twenty wishes, things they always wanted to do but never did.

Anne Marie s list starts with: Find one good thing about life. It includes learning to knit, doing good for someone else, falling in love again. She begins to act on her wishes and when she volunteers at a local school, an eight-year-old girl named Ellen enters her life. It s a relationship that becomes far more involving than Anne Marie intended. It also becomes far more important than she ever imagined.

As Ellen helps Anne Marie complete her list of twenty wishes, they both learn that wishes can come true--but not necessarily in the way you expect.

As millions of women know, Debbie Macomber understands their lives and writes the stories they want to read.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:02 -0400)

Thirty-eight-year-old widow Anne Marie Roche, the owner of a successful Seattle bookstore, creates a list of twenty wishes, and, while acting upon her wishes, encounters an eight-year-old girl named Ellen who helps her complete her list--with unexpected results.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,174,122 books! | Top bar: Always visible