Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Deadly Little Secret (2008)

by Laurie Faria Stolarz

I absolutely loved this book! I have to say it is very similar to twilight in many ways. The thing I loved best about this book was the suspense. The way I thought I knew who the stalker was at so many times in the book, and it turns out to be someone I never even expected. I loved every single moment from start to finish. This was also a very quick read which is why I gave it 5 stars. ( )
  Milaxox | Feb 23, 2014 |
Cover Thoughts: From a pro photographer’s standpoint, I like it. Minus the blurring, it looks like a ‘details’ photo I would set up and shoot for my clients. Because of that, it appealed to me, though the cover of book 2 in the series is my favorite.

Book Thoughts:

Even though the book started off a little Twilight-y, Deadly Little Secret began this series by Stolarz on a pretty strong note. The characters were clearly defined, as who they are going to be, flaws (some major) included. Camelia was a pretty well rounded main character, but most of the others had MAJOR issues. Her parents acted like angsty teenagers, Ben (the love interest) acted like his last name should be Cullen, and her best friends reminded me so much of the two unpopular friends from the Mean Girls movie that I pictured them looking as they did while reading.

The storyline was pretty well written and SERIOUSLY creepy and VERY mysterious. I cannot count how many times something that seemed like it wasn’t a big deal would wind up spooking me. I really liked the short journal style entries from the stalkers POV too. They helped make the issue out as a serious one, and also upped the creep factor. It kept me guessing, right up until the end about who was sending her photos and making calls. I was most definitely surprised. Overall, I enjoyed reading the first book in the Touch series and will be getting book 2 to continue the story. ( )
  AJ_Fairchild | Feb 2, 2014 |
The Moody Reader

Deadly Little Secret was good, well, it was not entirely great. There are flaws and of course, a little bit of cliché, was written all over the book. I’m almost definitely sure that I’d give this book a 2 stars rating because of the two characters. Camelia, dear god, woman. She can’t stop thinking about ben because of blah blah blah cliché cliché and there’s this I-like-you-but-for-some-reasons-it’s-like-we-can’t-be-together-but-hey-i-like-you thing going on and it was annoying.

What saved this book from me giving it a 2 freaking stars rating was, Camelia’s friends, Kimmie and Wes, they are hilarious and of course the suspense and mystery that’s surrounding it. There’s these extra entries between chapters written by the stalker, it was creepy as fuck and it will leave you guessing. When I found out who the stalker is, I was shocked. Honestly, it never even crossed my mind.

Well, over all, it was a good read. Even though there were times when I wanted to punch Camelia and Ben on the face. The suspense and mystery were really engrossing, it will keep you on turning the pages even more. ( )
  themoodyreader | Dec 15, 2013 |
Fatima Qutab
Mr. Bronson
5/3/13
Book Review
Anonymous

The Book Deadly Little Secret by Laurie F Stolarz starts off with Camelia, who was living an ordinary life until she met Ben. As after he saved her from a car crash, his touch brought her closer to him. Also everyone created rumors in school that Ben, the new kid was a murderer. But, Camelia was the only one who didn't believe them, as after all he saved her life. And that soon becomes a habit as Camellia is told by Ben that her life is in danger, But can she really trust him? Will Ben's past affect Camelia and her problems?
I rate this 5 stars this is because I liked how the book was full of suspense and betrayal. It felt so real as it felt like I was in the story facing problems with Camelia. So since i loved the book I will continue to read the book series till the end. ( )
  br13faqu | May 5, 2013 |
For my mother,
who gave me the creativity to write,
and for MaryKay,
who showed me I could
I could have died three months ago. Ever since, things haven't been the same for me.

When someone starts stalking high school junior Camelia, everyone at school assumes that it is Ben, who is new at school and rumored to have killed his previous girlfriend, but Camelia is nevertheless inexplicably drawn to him.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,330,850 books! | Top bar: Always visible