No title (2006)

Title:
Authors:
Info:
Collections:

A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future by Daniel H. Pink (2006)

Read it in one sitting. Excellent ideas presented clearly and in an entertaining style. ( )
  ndpmcIntosh | Mar 21, 2016 |
A great and practical book that I have used and relied on in my daily business dealings. ( )
  Charlie-Ravioli | Jan 18, 2016 |
In this book Daniel Pink discusses how up until this point the Logical side of the brained ruled. Even our school test are designed strictly to test our knowledge not our creativity. He discusses how car companies have to do more than engineer a car the design has to be appealing. This book brought up som great ideas and posed many questions I will now be researching further. ( )
  JWarrenBenton | Jan 4, 2016 |
  JWarrenBenton | Jan 4, 2016 |
I'm always appreciative of books that help us see the world differently. Better yet, are those books that do so for the practical world. In A Whole New Mind, Daniel Pink explains why all of us in this modern time need to artists and designers, that we do live in the Hero's journey today as much as ever, and how we should seek meaning as we go. We're in a Conceptual Age. The right-brain dominant knowledge worker needs to open their brain to a more holistic way of thinking. Otherwise, they're in the same spot as the coal shoveler of a hundred years ago. ( )
  jpsnow | Nov 15, 2015 |
I have known strong minds, with imposing, undoubting, Cobbett-like manners; but I have never met a great mind of this sort. The truth is, a great mind must be androgynous. -- Samuel Taylor Coleridge
In memory of Mollie Lavin
The last few decades have belonged to a certain kind of person with a certain kind of mind -- computer programmers who could crank code, lawyers who could craft contracts, MBAs who could crunch numbers.
The result: as the scut work gets off-loaded, engineers and programmers will have to master different aptitudes, relying more on creativity than competence, more on tacit knowledge than technical manuals, and more on fashioning the big picture than sweating the details.

Uses the two sides of the human brain as a metaphor for understanding how the information age came about throughout the course of the past generation, counseling readers on how to survive and find a place in the information society.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,385,844 books! | Top bar: Always visible