Daring Chloe (A Getaway Girls) by Laura…

Daring Chloe (A Getaway Girls)

by Laura Jensen Walker

Very long and very dry in 60% of it. While it was a nice story it could have been told in less pages. 2.5 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
Fun read about a group of women in a book club who decide to turn each book into an adventure. Chloe's seemingly ordinary life is turned upside down when her fiance breaks up by text just a few hours before the wedding. The next year is filled with a lot of challenges to get out of her comfort zone and she grows through it. Chloe is a Christian, but the book is not overly spiritual. ( )
  eliorajoy | Oct 10, 2012 |
Anyone who likes to read about food, art, books, or travel will find something here. ( )
  lillieammann | Sep 23, 2010 |
I think anyone who has gone through a bad breakup will sympathize with Chloe as she struggles to find her single self again after her fiance leaves her the night before their wedding, via text message. The story follows the expeditions of a women's book club, The Paperback Girls, seen mostly through the eyes of Chloe, as they begin going on adventures related to the books they are reading.

This was a very easy read, however, I feel that it was filled with too many cliches and idioms. Way too many. The story, however, did not end in the cliche I expected, so I was pleased with the plot, overall, just got tired of the expressions. I did not fall in love with the other characters, so it is doubtful that I would continue reading the series. ( )
  running501 | Mar 2, 2010 |
When Chloe is dumped a few hours before her wedding she couldn't imagine what the next year would hold. Her book club decides to have adventures, instead of just reading about them. This leads to rafting, blind dates, camping...and Paris! Safe-bookworm Chloe is stepping out of her comfort zone and having the adventure of her life. Will she adjust to life back home when she leaves Paris, or will she crave more adventure?

First book in the series, I am very excited to continue reading about these Getaway Girls! ( )
  AspiringAshley | Mar 5, 2009 |
I do thank God for my books with every fiber of my being. Oswald Chambers
For my sister Lisa, who shares my reading obsession, with much love.
(Trixie Belden rocks!)
And for my Book Ends book club: Betty Jo, Carol, Cheryl, Gabriela, Jamie, Janelle, Jennie, Lisa, Michele S., Michelle W., Sarah, and Sheri.
Although I've poached a couple of the books from our club, rest assured, none of the Paperback Girls are based on you.
January
Little Women
Customs of courtship vary greatly in different times and places, but the way the thing happens to be done her and now always seems the only natural way to do it. Marjorie Morningstar
At 1:33 a.m., nine hours and twenty-seven minutes before my wedding ceremony, my fiance' dumped me. By text message.

When Chloe Adams' fiance dumps her---the night before their wedding---two girlfriends from her book group decide a little adventure is in order for the three of them. After all, why let a perfectly good honeymoon cruise go to waste? Adventure? Chloe Adams? No way! Chloe's lived in one town her whole life. The closest she's ever gotten to actual adventures is reading about them. But her girlfriends won't take no for an answer. One good adventure calls for another as Chloe's friends try to coax her out of her post-dumping funk, and soon she finds herself living out the adventures in her book club's latest selections. Hiking. Sailing. River rafting. Traveling to new places and eating exotic food. The play-it-safe Chloe begins to blossom into a new, daring Chloe. A Chloe who just might be ready to take on her biggest adventure of all ... Laura Jensen Walker has a knack for quirky heroines and real-life humor. In Chloe, she's created another memorable character who will live on in readers' hearts.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:05 -0400)

Chloe has led a safe, quiet life. Adventure? No thank you! But when her fianc‚e dumps her the night before their wedding, her friends convince her to take the vacation of a lifetime...and timid Chloe blossoms into daring Chloe. A Chloe who just might be ready to face her biggest adventure of all.… (more)

Zondervan

An edition of this book was published by Zondervan.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,689,258 books! | Top bar: Always visible