Into the Storm: Destroyermen, Book I by…

Into the Storm: Destroyermen, Book I (original 2008; edition 2009)

by Taylor Anderson

Member:thombr
Title:Into the Storm: Destroyermen, Book I
Authors:Taylor Anderson
Info:Roc (2009), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 416 pages
Collections:Audiobook, Your library

Into The Storm by Taylor Anderson (2008)

Read (or listened to) this because of Audible's "favorite series" near give away. It was very enjoyable and I think teenage boys and girls who like sci/fi would enjoy it. Also, it has quite a following of fans. And, it is written by a Texas writer, which always interests me. ( )
  sydsavvy | Apr 8, 2016 |
The USS Walker, a World War I destroyer, is pressed into service after the devastating losses suffered at Pearl Harbor. No match for the newer Japanese vessels, the Walker and sister ship Mahan make for a squall to provide cover from the relentless attack. Once inside the squall, something strange happens. When the Walker emerges from the squall, they soon discover they have been transported to an alternate, parallel universe. An interesting premise for a book, reminiscent of the Philadelphia experiment. There are several other books in the series, and I may read those at a later date. I wanted to find out how the author handled this scenario and I think he did better than average. The story dragged at times, but for the most part kept my interest. ( )
  NPJacobsen | Jun 5, 2015 |
An interesting mixture of sci fi, fantasy, historical fiction, and war. I liked it enough that I'll keep reading the series because I want to know what happens next. ( )
  piersanti | Sep 28, 2014 |
Great book, will start the next in the series shortly. I highly recommend if alternate history with a twist is your thing. ( )
  autumnturner76 | Sep 22, 2014 |
During the Second Battle of the Java Sea, Lieutenant Commander Matthew Reddy and the crew of the destroyer USS Walker have been ordered to pull out of the Philippines. As they attempt to flee with several other Allied Navy ships, they??re attacked by the Japanese. The Allied ships are sunk, one by one, until only USS Walker and the crippled USS Mahan are left. When the huge Japanese battlecruiser Amagi shows up with its Kamikazes, Captain Reddy knows theyƒ??re ... Read More: http://www.fantasyliterature.com/reviews/into-the-storm/ ( )
  Kat_Hooper | Apr 6, 2014 |

Taylor Andersonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dufris, WilliamNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451462378, Mass Market Paperback)

Pressed into service when World War II breaks out in the Pacific, the US Walker?a Great War-era destroyer?finds itself retreating from pursuing Japanese battleships. Its captain, Lieutenant Commander Matthew Patrick Reddy, desperately leads the Walker into a squall, hoping it will give them cover?only to emerge into an alternate world. A world where two species have evolved: the cat-like Lemurians and the reptilian Griks?and they are at war.

With its power and weaponry, the Walker?s very existence could alter the balance of power. And for Reddy and his crew, who have the means to turn a primitive war into a genocidal Armageddon, one thing becomes clear. They must determine whose side they?re on. Because whichever species they choose is the winner.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:45 -0400)

An imaginative alternate history saga begins. Pressed into service when World War II breaks out in the Pacific, the USS "Walker" retreats from Japanese battleships. Its captain, Lieutenant Commander Matthew Patrick Reddy, heads "Walker" into a squall for cover. But the ship emerges somewhere else.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,255,061 books! | Top bar: Always visible