Death Angel: A Novel by Linda Howard

Death Angel: A Novel (edition 2008)

by Linda Howard

7522418,533 (3.46)1 / 25
Member:tfattig
Title:Death Angel: A Novel
Authors:Linda Howard
Info:Ballantine Books (2008), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 352 pages

Death Angel: A Novel by Linda Howard

First half was great intense suspense, middle was good contemp romance, and ending was (a tad rushed in regards to dealing with the baddie) wonderful come-together love.
I really wanted to give this 5 stars but I just don't see this being a re-read, which is my strict rule for 5stars. This was such an incredibly enjoyable read. ( )
  WhiskeyintheJar | Feb 14, 2019 |
This was the first Linda Howard book I've read. Somewhere in the middle I was worried that it wasn't going to turn out how I wanted - but it did. I enjoyed her characters and the suspense kept me reading. I will look for more books from her. ( )
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |
When mob moll Drea Rousseau discovers that her lover has betrayed her and given her to a hit man as payment, she knows her days with drug lord Salinas are numbered. What she doesn't count on is an intense connection to Simon the hit man. Simon feels it to, but ever the loner, he sends her packing. With no where to go, she disappears, stealing $2 million from Salinas, who immediately hires Simon to kill her.

I like that while the hero/heroine decide that they are going to change they do not become completely different people. Drea is still a woman with a temper who has a difficult time making hard choices. The assassin is still a man who has a hard time opening up and trusting anyone. But Love changes them and makes them both see the value of life. I gave "Death Angel" four stars even though I wanted more details on the characters it stilled has me so engaged I never put the book down until I was done. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
Romance Suspense. Drea Rousseau was arm candy for crime lord Rafael Salinas then he loans her to an assassin. Drea leaves and takes cash with her. Salinas sets the assassin to chase her down. Little bit of woo. Good ( )
  C4RO | Jun 1, 2015 |
I really liked this very interesting story with its sometimes dramatic and fast paced exciting action. Midway I thought how much I hated one of the characters but by the end my opinion completely changed. Drea is a crime lords mistress when he allows a demeaning event which triggers her to take revenge.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |

Linda Howardprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bean, JoyceReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Bean, JoyceNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Göhler, ChristophÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Logan Chance Wiemann, for all the smiles, and to Susan Bailey of the Exchange Bank, for answering all my questions about electronic transfers
"You did an excellent job," Rafael Salinas purred to the assassin, who stood on the other side of the room, near the door. Either the man didn't like getting too close to other human beings, or he didn't trust Salinas and was giving himself an avenue of escape if the metting turned sour - in which case he was smart. People who were wary of Salinas tened to live longer than those who trusted him. Dram Rousseau, culed close to Salinas's side, didn't care what the assassin's reasoning was, so long as it kept him at a distance.

After she double-crosses her lover, a ruthless crime lord, Drea must flee from a relentless assassin who ultimately succeeds in killing her. But after a very brief death, Drea returns to life a changed woman: no longer selfish and cruel, determined to bring down the ones who marked her for death. Joining forces with the FBI, little does she suspect that the man she will come to love is the same assassin who took her life.

In Linda Howard’s gifted hands, second chances, unexpected romance, and unrelenting action combine into a riveting new novel of suspense. In Death Angel, bad girls can wake up and trust their hearts, bad guys can fight for what’s right . . . and dying just might be the only way to change one’s life.

A striking beauty with a taste for diamonds and dangerous men, Drea Rousseau is more than content to be arm candy for Rafael Salinas, a notorious crime lord who deals with betrayal through quick and treacherous means: a bullet to the back of the head, a blade across the neck, an incendiary device beneath a car. Eager to break with Rafael, Drea makes a fateful decision and a desperate move, stealing a mountain of cash from the malicious killer. After all, an escape needs to be financed.

Though Drea runs, Salinas knows she can’t hide–and he dispatches a cold-blooded assassin in hot pursuit, resulting in a tragic turn of events. Or does it?

Left for dead, Drea miraculously returns to the realm of the living a changed woman. She’s no longer shallow and selfish, no longer steals or cheats or sells herself short. Both humbled and thrilled with this unexpected second chance, Drea embraces her new life. But in order to feel safe and sound–and stop nervously looking over her shoulder–she will need to take down those who marked her for death.

Joining forces with the FBI, supplying vital inside information that only she can provide, Drea finds herself working with the most dangerous man she’s ever known. Yet the closer they get to danger, the more intense their feelings for each other become, and the more Drea realizes that the cost of her new life may be her life itself–as well as her heart.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:20 -0400)

Meeting a dire end after double-crossing her lover, a ruthless crime lord, the cynical, amoral, and manipulative Drea returns to life a changed woman and joins forces with the FBI to become a guardian of the defenseless and the lover of an enigmatic stranger.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,422,358 books! | Top bar: Always visible