Sarah's Promise (Country Road…

Sarah's Promise (Country Road Chronicles #4) (edition 2008)

by Leisha Kelly

Member:tiffaniephelps
Title:Sarah's Promise (Country Road Chronicles #4)
Authors:Leisha Kelly
Info:Revell (2008), Paperback, 320 pages

Sarah's Promise by Leisha Kelly

I am sad to leave this series of books behind, but better to leave wanting more than to keep writing more stories and have people wanting the saga to end. Getting to know these folks was very endearing to me and they will stay with me as I walk by these books on my bookshelf and recall with fondness their stories.

Frank Hammond wants to make a life for himself away from the shadow of his family, who never thought he could make it on his own. He will make a 230 mile journey, helping his brother Sam move and finds an opportunity for him in a small town with lots of possibilities. Sarah, his fiance' loves Frank very much, but doesn't love the thought of moving away from family and friends, and she also worries about Frank being out there on his own. But this sudden change in both of their lives will help them discover some new truths and test their faith once again.

Sarah's promise was, "I promise to trust you, Lord. And I promise to trust Frank, no matter what comes. Even if I do have 'marrying nerves'". Some of Sarah's struggles: "Perfect submission, all is at rest. . . The words to that hymn entered my mind unbidden. And for a moment it just didn't seem right. How could submission be fair? Why couldn't I just make the decisions I wanted to make and have what I wanted?" Sarah's struggles are common to man and I appreciated how the author was open and honest about Sarah's struggle. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with these families and encourage all to read both these series in the order written. You won't be sorry.

I am saddened to say that this author has passed away; she had a great ability to tell a story that had meaning and a message. She will be missed and will be one listed under my 'favorite authors' list. ( )
  judyg54 | Jan 19, 2016 |

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:58 -0400)

Frank Hammond makes a wintry journey of over two hundred miles to help his brother and look into a job offer he hopes will be the new beginning he is searching for. But all Sarah wants is to make a home as close as possible to the farms where they were raised. Why would Frank even consider moving so far away? As Frank strives to make a new start in a fresh location, he comes face-to-face with his own handicaps and a new-found call of God. At the same time, Sarah struggles for the faith to fulfill her own promise to trust God, and Frank, no matter what the circumstances. With their wedding date approaching, Sarah must come to terms with her doubts and misgivings while Frank finds that a gesture of kindness to strangers has opened a surprising door of renewed hope. Leisha Kelly fans will thrill to see the unfolding love story of Frank and Sarah, a fitting conclusion to the Wortham and Hammond saga.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,804,852 books! | Top bar: Always visible