A Bend in the Road by Nicholas Sparks

A Bend in the Road (edition 2002)

by Nicholas Sparks

Member:TMMD
Title:A Bend in the Road
Authors:Nicholas Sparks
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2002), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages

A Bend in the Road by Nicholas Sparks

English (42)  Spanish (2)  German (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (46)
Yes, I'm a book snob. I admit it. And yet, I'm not above enjoying a trendy popular book. I gladly read the entire Twilight series, for pete's sake!

But it took everything I had to force my way to the end of this book. I overlooked the dull sentence structure, the lifeless characters...even managed to get over that horrendous grammatical error that set me off in the early chapters. But Sparks is so damn heavyhanded with his forshadowing, it ruined what might otherwise have been a mildly interesting turn of events.

The saving grace was that because of all these things, it was the work of a few hours to read the whole thing. So now I have done my duty as an American bookseller and have versed myself in the immensely popular Nicholas Sparks. But truthfully? I didn't really care about Sarah and Miles any more than I cared about Bella and Edward. ( )
  Kim_Sasso | Mar 14, 2018 |
Good, not great. I gave it three stars because the final scene was a fade to black. I wanted the hero to grovel a bit (he was a total ass) and I wanted the heroine to have a bit more backbone with him at the end. But, it was an interesting enough read that I finished it in a day, so there's that. ( )
  MelissaLenhardt | Mar 11, 2018 |
***BEWARE A LITTLE SPOILER IN THIS REVIEW***

It's an okay book for me. But it's definitely refreshing to read a book from NS with no tragic ending. I was actually bracing myself towards the end/last chapters thinking something terrible is going to happen. Love the happy ending. ( )
  anacskie | Dec 22, 2017 |
***BEWARE A LITTLE SPOILER IN THIS REVIEW***

anacskie | Dec 22, 2017 |
A husband finds out how his wife really died, who/what was at fault and has to learn to forgive the person he blamed. ( )
  sandier | Oct 16, 2017 |
This novel is dedicated to Theresa Park and Jamie Raab. They know why.
Where does a story begin?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446611867, Mass Market Paperback)

Miles Ryan's life seemed to end the day his wife was killed in a hit-and-run accident two years ago. As deputy sheriff of New Bern, North Carolina, he not only grieves for her and worries about their young son Jonah but longs to bring the unknown driver to justice. Then Miles meets Sarah Andrews, Jonah's second-grade teacher. A young woman recovering from a difficult divorce, Sarah moved to New Bern hoping to start over. Tentatively, Miles and Sarah reach out to each other...soon they are falling in love. But what neither realizes is that they are also bound together by a shocking secret, one that will force them to reexamine everything they believe in-including their love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:35 -0400)

Devastated by the death of his wife in a hit-and-run accident, Miles, deputy sheriff of New Bern, North Carolina, discovers new meaning in his life when he meets Sarah Andrews, a woman struggling to rebuild her own life.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,449,149 books! | Top bar: Always visible