Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James…

Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas (2001)

by James Patterson

English (74)  Portuguese (1)  All (1)  All (76)
I really only liked the diary portion of this book. I hated Katie's story. Actually I didn't much like her character at all. Sure, I felt terrible for Matt and all the loss he suffered and definitely wanted him to be able to move on with his life. However, everything happened so quickly at the end that even though they tell you that it's been 2-3 years since the accident I felt that he hadn't finished mourning his family before moving on and impregnating someone else. It just felt very fake and rushed. It was a disappointing end to a beautiful story. ( )
  OpinionatedBookworm | Jul 10, 2017 |
Complete and utter tearjerker. Had me sobbing for days. ( )
  lapiccolina | Jun 23, 2017 |
This book is not my typical read. The characters are passionate. Heart felt. Intense. These things do happen. We never know the weight that others carry. This time we find out. ( )
  whybehave2002 | Apr 22, 2017 |
I enjoyed this book more than I thought I was going to and was pleasantly surprised at how different it was from anything else I've read by James Patterson. I don't hate his usual books, they can be entertaining but I can never remember which ones I've read because once you've read one you've read them all. This book was the exception to the rule.
  JordanAshleyPerkins | Jan 26, 2017 |
I love this book, still one of my favorite Patterson books which I recommend often and all return happy with it. Two people meet, fall in love, the woman is excited about conceiving and telling her lover, but never gets the chance. He suddenly drops her and send her a diary to read. Sounds sad, but give it a try, you won't be disappoi9nted.
  Gmomaj | Jun 12, 2016 |

James Pattersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Baker, Becky AnnNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For those who have loved, and lost, and loved again.
For Robin Schwarz, whose valuable assistance and big heart are much appreciated
Also, thanks for the help -
Mary, Fern, Barbara, Irene, Maria, Darcy, Mary Ellen and Carole Anne.
Most of all, for Susie and Jack; and for Jane.
Katie Wilkinson sat in warm bathwater in the weird but wonderful old-fashioned porcelain tub in her New York apartment.
Audiobook - Unabridged

James Patterson has written a love story! -a powerfully moving and suspenseful novel about families, loss, new love, and hope. Katie Wilkinson has found her perfect man at last. He's a writer, a house painter, an original thinker-everything she's imagined she wanted in a partner. But one day, without explanation, he disappears from her life, leaving behind only a diary for her to read. This diary is a love letter written by a new mother named Suzanne for her baby son, Nicholas. In it she pours out her heart about how she and the boy's father met, about her hopes for marriage and family, and about the unparalleled joy that having a baby has brought into her life. As Katie reads this touching document, it becomes clear that the lover who has just left her is the husband and father in this young family. She reads on, filled with terror and hope, as she struggles to understand what has happened-and whether her new love has a prayer of surviving. Written with James Patterson's perfect pitch for emotion and suspense, Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas captures beautifully the joys of a new family even as it builds to an overwhelmingly moving climax. This is an unforgettable love story, at once heartbreaking and full of hope.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446611085, Mass Market Paperback)

Talk about a change of pace! Renowned suspense writer and Edgar Award winner James Patterson, author of such bestsellers-turned-blockbuster-movies as Along Came a Spider and Kiss the Girls, exposes his sensitive side in his new novel, Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas. Katie Wilkinson's boyfriend Matt dumps her; not a total cad, he leaves her a gift, a diary kept by Suzanne, his first wife, for their son Nicholas. Though it's not exactly the diamond ring Katie was hoping for, she's unable to make herself destroy the diary--against her better judgment, Katie begins to read.

Drawn against her will into the other woman's world, Katie learns of physician Suzanne's heart attack at age 35 and her decision to slow down, accomplished by a move to Martha's Vineyard and a new job as a simple country doctor. When love comes knocking, in the form of housepainter-cum-poet Matt Harrison, Suzanne is ready to listen to her newly repaired heart. Though painful for Katie, she begins to know and like Suzanne and her infant son Nicholas. Suzanne's devotion to Matt and their son shines through, as well as her plainspoken wisdom. While the journal helps Katie understand Matt, whether they can write a future together remains in question. --Alison Trinkle

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:57 -0400)

Katie Wilkinson has finally found the perfect man but one day he suddenly disappears, leaving behind only a diary written by a new mother named Suzanne for her baby, Nicholas. In it she ultimately reveals the romance between herself and the child's father, her hopes for their marriage, and her unparalleled joy in motherhood.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,069,773 books! | Top bar: Always visible