Still Waters by Camila Noli

Still Waters (edition 2008)

by Camila Noli

Member:RachelMck
Title:Still Waters
Authors:Camila Noli
Info:Hachette Australia (2008), Edition: 1ST, Paperback
Rating:*****

Still Waters by Camilla Noli

This was a completely disturbing book... I didn't really read the precis so as I began the book, and as a mother of 4, i was vaguely sympathetic - sleep deprived, trying to juggle everything, feeling a bit resentful of having to time to myself, no privacy etc etc as I read however I could feel the chill, that something was off, and then the horror dawned. I read this book the entire way through - couldn't put it down. I have no idea is she was truly narcisstic/psychotic or in the grip of post natal psychosis but either way a truly disturbing character. Do not read this if you have children under 2 or are pregnant - you will scare yourself silly. I hate to sound supercilious but I think motherhood might be a prerequisite for reading this book to get into the character at the beginning, its that recognition and sympathy that makes the book so provoking and gripping and chilling. I hated the ending though - thought it was lame. ( )
  shelleyraec | May 9, 2011 |
As a mother of four children I found this book very disturbing.I can't believe a mother would do such a thing to their own child. Sure as a mother you can relate to the emotions and feelings that this mother went through. This is a chilling read and once you start reading you can't put the book down. This story did leave me feeling a little down ( )
  sanga71 | Feb 20, 2009 |
A very chilling read. ( )
  clogwog | Jun 22, 2008 |

"A provocative, unsettling novel that defies the notion that a child is safe with its mother."--Provided by publisher.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,467,911 books! | Top bar: Always visible