The Clue of the Broken Locket by Carolyn…

The Clue of the Broken Locket (1934)

by Carolyn Keene, Carolyn Keene

Series: Nancy Drew (11)

Elementary
  SteppLibrary | Mar 8, 2017 |
loved this series when I was younger ( )
  katieloucks | Feb 26, 2016 |
an OK read... NOT my favorite. ( )
  cwoon | Jan 14, 2016 |
For nostalgic reasons I went back to read a Nancy Drew book. When I was a kid, I read a lot of Nancy Drew. I was prepared, when picking up a copy today, that my adult self wouldn't find it as good as my kid self did and that that memory of my childhood would be changed. I was pleasantly surprised, however, to discover that Nancy has staying power. She drew me in and kept me reading, trying to figure out the mystery. Sure there were a lot of convenient coincidences and the bad guys are relatively tame, but it was exciting and fun. So here's to Nancy and all those girls out there who grew up reading her. You, go girls! ( )
  sassafras | Jan 4, 2012 |
This was flat out scary. From beginning to end. I was so memerzied by it that I almost miss the start of class to find out how it ended. Excellent!! ( )
  seki | Jun 4, 2010 |

Carolyn Keeneprimary authorall editionscalculated
Keene, Carolynmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Tandy, Russell H.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
[1934] A graceful young girl, her golden hair flying in the breeze, raced up the back steps of the Drew home and burst into the kitchen.
[1965] As Nancy Drew seated herself at the breakfast table, she noticed a door key beside her plate.

Nancy Drew and her friends are plunged into a network of strange events when they visit Misty Lake. The very night they arrive, they meet pretty, red-haired Cecily Curtis, who seeks Nancy's help in solving two mysteries: one concerning Cecily's fiancé, Niko Van Dyke, a popular singer who believes that his record company is cheating him of royalty payments; the other, involving a family treasure hidden before the start of the Civil War - Cecily's only clue being half of a gold locket.
Nancy's investigations lead her to Pudding Stone Lodge, where the sinister Driscoll family lives. Elusive humming noises, a flashing light in the attic of the lodge, the periodic apparition of an excursion launch which had sunk in Misty Lake years ago, and the fleeting appearances of a frightened girl who strongly resembles Cecily give Nancy plenty of opportunity to test her sleuthing skills.
Braving a series of dangerous situations and discouraging developments, the alert young detective perseveres in her attempts to solve both mysteries and reveal the astounding secrets of Pudding Stone Lodge.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:59 -0400)

Nancy Drew's sympathy for adopted twin babies leads her into a surprising mystery. Here is a reproduction of the original book, just as it was originally published in 1934. Illustrations.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,112,554 books! | Top bar: Always visible