dismiss

The Haunted Bridge (1937)

by Carolyn Keene

Series: Nancy Drew (15)

Nancy Drew becomes involved in a double mystery concerning a haunted bridge and jewel thieves.

Jag och mor diskuterade någon gång huruvida Kitty går i skolan eller inte och jag kom inte på att jag hade läst någonting om det. Ned gör det, det nämns ganska regelbundet. I den här boken pratade George med sin mor över telefonen och då sa modern att George skulle vila upp sig så att hon skulle vara pigg till att skolan startar. Nu är ju bara frågan hur det är med Kitty... ( )
  litetmonster | Jan 25, 2019 |
I absolutely loved Nancy Drew growing up. This was a series I latched on to for dear life and never let go. Anytime my mom and I would go to antique stores, we'd peruse the Nancy Drews and add them to the collection (oftentimes my mom had to make deals with me on how many I could buy). So, while I don't remember the exact details of each and every one, the entire series was amazing and really fed my love for reading (especially novels full of suspense and mystery). Thank you, Carolyn Keene, for giving us an intelligent female character to fall in love with in Nancy Drew! ( )
  justagirlwithabook | Aug 1, 2018 |
#15 Mr. Drew is on the trail of an international ring of jewel thieves and asks Nancy to assist him. The trail leads to a summer resort area. Before Nancy has a chance to start work on her father’s case, a golf caddy tells her a frightening tale--in the dense woods nearby is an old wooden footbridge guarded by a ghost! Intrigued by the caddy’s story, Nancy decides to investigate. Several riddles confront the young detective as she attempts to solve the mystery of the haunted bridge and track down a woman suspected of being a key member of the gang of jewel thieves. ( )
  LynneQuan | Sep 22, 2017 |
Elementary
  PCA-Library | Mar 8, 2017 |
Nancy Drew met her match in a gentleman guest named Bartly. He puts Nancy, Bess, and George through their paces while handling a mystery. This is another nice uptick in the series. Putting in twist where you least expect them. I enjoyed this book and give the chance to reread it, I would. ( )
  seki | Dec 28, 2011 |

Carolyn Keeneprimary authorall editionscalculated
Tandy, Russell H.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"Sorry, miss, but I wouldn't go near that bridge for a million dollars," said the young, freckle-faced caddy.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 149,145,517 books! | Top bar: Always visible