dismiss

The Scarlet Slipper Mystery (1954)

by Carolyn Keene

Series: Nancy Drew (32)

Nancy Drew comes to the aid of the owners of a local dancing school when they receive an anonymous note threatening their lives.

I absolutely loved Nancy Drew growing up. This was a series I latched on to for dear life and never let go. Anytime my mom and I would go to antique stores, we'd peruse the Nancy Drews and add them to the collection (oftentimes my mom had to make deals with me on how many I could buy). So, while I don't remember the exact details of each and every one, the entire series was amazing and really fed my love for reading (especially novels full of suspense and mystery). Thank you, Carolyn Keene, for giving us an intelligent female character to fall in love with in Nancy Drew! ( )
  justagirlwithabook | Aug 1, 2018 |
Nancy meets the Fontaines, refugees from the fictional country of Centrovia, who run a dance school in River Heights. The Fontaines receive threats from a mysterious assailant, and Nancy offers to help, but then the Fontaines disappear. Nancy begins her search for them and becomes involved in a mystery involving a pair of scarlet dance slippers, a painting, and missing jewels. There are many people pretending to be friends of the Fontaines, but Nancy does not know if they are lying. ( )
  LynneQuan | Sep 15, 2017 |
Bess, one of Nancy's friend has a job as a dancing teacher at a local ballet school... Only to find out that it was opened by Henrie and Helene Fontaine, two young and very talented dancers. They were also escapers of the underground revolution in France, they're in real trouble. Nancy saves the day! Or not? As Nancy starts finding the truth, troubling twigs snap into her way... If only Nancy knew who was right and who was wrong... ( )
  jians | May 18, 2011 |
"We will crash!  Oh - oh!"

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 149,105,960 books! | Top bar: Always visible