The Wedding (Sparks, Nicholas) by Nicholas…

The Wedding (Sparks, Nicholas) (original 2003; edition 2003)

by Nicholas Sparks

4,227621,176 (3.85)1 / 28
Member:mistyd10
Title:The Wedding (Sparks, Nicholas)
Authors:Nicholas Sparks
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2003), Kindle Edition, 304 pages
Collections:4 star reads, Your library, Favorites, kindle, read in 2012
Rating:****1/2
Tags:Romance

The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks (2003)

I thought is was a beautifully written story about remembering why you felt in love in the first place. I just love all the people in this book, I felt the love that Wilson felt for Jane and he is trying to make up for all thous times he hasn't been there for her. My heart went out to Noah, missing his wife Allie it is so touching the way he loved her. I love the part of the SWAN :) ( )
  AlexisLovesBooks | Jan 26, 2016 |
A book you'll fall in love again and again. ( )
  oel_3 | Jan 17, 2016 |
Audio book read by Tom Wopat

This is a sequel to Sparks’s incredibly popular The Notebook. This book focuses on Noah and Allie’s oldest daughter, Jane, and her husband Wilson. After forgetting their anniversary, Wilson spends the next year trying to figure out how to make it up to Jane, with some sage advice from his father-in-law, Noah. But when their daughter announces she’s getting married on their anniversary, all Wilson’s plans are circumvented.

I’ve read a couple of books by Sparks. I actually enjoyed one of them. But this one is maudlin, overwrought, over-written, and saccharine. I figured out the twist in the first chapter. I finished it only because it fulfilled several challenges. I listened to the first half on audio but read the last half of the book in one evening.

Tom Wopat does a surprisingly good job of the audio. He even manages believable voices for the women. His performance earns a star.
  BookConcierge | Jan 13, 2016 |
very good; interesting twist - the wedding the mother plans is her restatement of vows, not her daughter's wedding at all ( )
  nancynova | Sep 12, 2015 |
I actually read this in light of Sparks's recently announced divorce, and that may color a bit what I thought of the book. I found it entertaining and a nice read, but I won't reread it. It bordered on the unrealistic, and when I do read romance, which isn't often, I don't want it to be "realistic" fantasy. I enjoyed the twist in the end and thought that Sparks did a good job with that. No spoilers, however. You'll have to read it for yourself. ( )
  hobbitprincess | Mar 5, 2015 |
For Cathy, Who made me the luckiest man alive when she agreed to be my wife.
Is it possible, I wonder, for a man to truly change? Or do character and habit form the immovable boundaries of our lives?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446615862, Mass Market Paperback)

With The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, and his other beloved novels, #1 New York Times bestselling author Nicholas Sparks has given voice to our deepest beliefs about the power of love. Now he brings us the long-awaited follow-up to The Notebook-a story of an ordinary man who goes to extraordinary lengths to win back the love of his life... After thirty years, Wilson Lewis is forced to face a painful truth: the romance has gone out of his marriage. His wife, Jane, has fallen out of love with him, and it is entirely his fault. Despite the shining example of his in-laws, Noah and Allie Calhoun, and their fifty-year love affair (originally recounted in The Notebook), Wilson himself is a man unable to express his true feelings. He has spent too little time at home and too much at the office, leaving the responsibility of raising their children to Jane. Now his daughter is about to marry, and his wife is thinking about leaving him. But if Wilson is sure of anything, it is this: His love for Jane has only grown over the years, and he will do everything he can to save their marriage. With the memories of Noah and Allie's inspiring life together as his guide, he vows to find a way to make his wife fall in love with him...all over again. In this powerfully moving tale of love lost, rediscovered, and renewed, Nicholas Sparks once again brings readers his unique insight into the only emotion that ultimately really matters.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:53 -0400)

After more than twenty years of marriage, Wilson Lewis, son-in-law of Allie and Noah Calhoun is forced to admit that the romance has gone out of his marriage. Desperate to win back his wife Jane's heart, he must figure out how to make her fall in love with him again.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,338,719 books! | Top bar: Always visible