The Wedding (Sparks, Nicholas) by Nicholas…

The Wedding (Sparks, Nicholas) (original 2003; edition 2003)

by Nicholas Sparks

3,840571,343 (3.85)1 / 26
Member:mistyd10
Title:The Wedding (Sparks, Nicholas)
Authors:Nicholas Sparks
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2003), Kindle Edition, 304 pages
Collections:4 star reads, Your library, Favorites, kindle, read in 2012
Rating:****1/2
Tags:Romance

The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks (2003)

Recently added bycandace.aronowitz, private library, tardisgal, Animator, angiegaulin, cyberatory

Knock me over with a feather!! -- I didn't anticipate the way the story would turn out. Chalk it up to great storytelling and/or a wonderful imagination, or perhaps that I was reading this right on the tails of having read Spark's very first novel, 'The Notebook', which was the 'prelude' to this, but I was totally emotionally drawn into this book. I won't begin to dissect my feelings and sentiments here, which perhaps were still raw from the previous book, other than to say, like its predecessor, (many) tissues were needed.

Note: 'The Notebook' and 'The Wedding' can be read independently, but reading in sequence, you'd be better able to follow the progression of, Noah Calhoun, the central character who spans both novels -- which adds a generational richness to the 'series', and understandably the need for all said tissue papers.

This reader believes in "happy ever after" and hence, this novel, very much like its predecessor, is a MUST READ! ( )
  MomsterBookworm | Jul 14, 2014 |
I enjoyed this one of Sparks' works very much. I could relate so much to the middle age couple who had lost the spark in their marriage and Wilson works for an entire year to plan a special even for their 30th anniversary. It's never too late to rekindle the romance. ( )
  berthacummins | Apr 4, 2014 |
Although 97% of this book is far too gentle to be called "funny", the ending is hilarious, to me....

Anyway, it's written gently and with great care.

(9/10) ( )
  fearless2012 | Mar 23, 2014 |
I enjoyed this read though it took a little while to get into it.It had very realalistic times and memories in it. It also had a fabulous ending to it. I thought forgetting his anniversary brought about a lot more feelings at a strange time. However, stranger things than that seem to happen in real life. All in all, a good read. ( )
  NancyLuebke | Feb 26, 2014 |
The wedding is a kind of book that will leave you with tears ,not because of any sad ending or anything like that but because of it's amazing happy ending! ( )
  Pankaj.Kumar | Dec 20, 2013 |
For Cathy, Who made me the luckiest man alive when she agreed to be my wife.
Is it possible, I wonder, for a man to truly change? Or do character and habit form the immovable boundaries of our lives?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446615862, Mass Market Paperback)

With The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, and his other beloved novels, #1 New York Times bestselling author Nicholas Sparks has given voice to our deepest beliefs about the power of love. Now he brings us the long-awaited follow-up to The Notebook-a story of an ordinary man who goes to extraordinary lengths to win back the love of his life... After thirty years, Wilson Lewis is forced to face a painful truth: the romance has gone out of his marriage. His wife, Jane, has fallen out of love with him, and it is entirely his fault. Despite the shining example of his in-laws, Noah and Allie Calhoun, and their fifty-year love affair (originally recounted in The Notebook), Wilson himself is a man unable to express his true feelings. He has spent too little time at home and too much at the office, leaving the responsibility of raising their children to Jane. Now his daughter is about to marry, and his wife is thinking about leaving him. But if Wilson is sure of anything, it is this: His love for Jane has only grown over the years, and he will do everything he can to save their marriage. With the memories of Noah and Allie's inspiring life together as his guide, he vows to find a way to make his wife fall in love with him...all over again. In this powerfully moving tale of love lost, rediscovered, and renewed, Nicholas Sparks once again brings readers his unique insight into the only emotion that ultimately really matters.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:49:25 -0400)

After more than twenty years of marriage, Wilson Lewis, son-in-law of Allie and Noah Calhoun is forced to admit that the romance has gone out of his marriage. Desperate to win back his wife Jane's heart, he must figure out how to make her fall in love with him again.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,655,462 books! | Top bar: Always visible