Rope Burns: Stories from the Corner by F.X.…

Rope Burns: Stories from the Corner

by F.X. Toole

English (4)  Danish (1)  All languages (5)
Million Dollar Baby was super good. I think this is a deffinantly good boook, for women and men. It gives super good details, and kept me on the edge. ( )
1 vote BiancaCelia11 | Sep 24, 2009 |
i hate boxing. my guy likes boxing. he didn't like this book. i liked it. there were lots of details about boxing that i knew nothing about. the writer's catholicism is the only thing i didn't like. i can't believe that people still believe this nonsense. ( )
  mahallett | Jul 19, 2009 |
Intense, primal, engrossing fiction. The language seems so real and the stories so raw that even though I am not a fan of boxing at all, I was totally entralled and enraptured of this collection of short stories, which includes the story that was the basis of the hit movie "Million Dollar Baby." ( )
1 vote danahlongley | Apr 16, 2007 |
8/25/05 I found this book a bit tiresome as the endings were obvious and easily expected. I have not seen the movie yet but I am surprised at the debate regarding it. I can only assume that it was done with serious revision. ( )
  ngennaro | Jan 4, 2006 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 006081926X, Paperback)

This hard-hitting collection of powerful and moving tales based on the experiences of the late, great fight manager and cut man Jerry Boyd, who wrote under the pen name F.X. Toole, is the basis for the Oscar-winning motion picture starring Hilary Swank and Morgan Freeman. Breathing life into vivid, compelling characters who radiate the fierce intensity of the worlds they inhabit, Million Dollar Baby "is not just fight fiction at its finest, it is excellent fiction, period" (Dan Rather).

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:41 -0400)

Tales based on the experiences of the late fight manager and cut man Jerry Boyd, who wrote under the pen name F.X. Toole.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,387,357 books! | Top bar: Always visible