Untamed (House of Night Novels) by P. C.…

Untamed (House of Night Novels) (edition 2009)

by P. C. Cast, Kristin Cast

4,771961,470 (3.89)61
Member:daly5
Title:Untamed (House of Night Novels)
Authors:P. C. Cast
Other authors:Kristin Cast
Info:St. Martin's Press (2009), Hardcover, 352 pages

Untamed by P. C. Cast

Recently added byRoseByer, Cajewel87, erikanc2, Branja, JCJPINK, Avasara, MartaGA25, private library, ghsmediacenter, Jenavia

English (96)  German (1)  All languages (97)
Now things are getting crazy!
*Slight spoilers ahead!*

I already really like Stark anand I think he could be the One for Zoey. I also like that he has a dog, since I am a dog person myself. Grandma Redbird is my favorite character of the series. She's so wise and loving and knows when to accept things without question. I love that there are so many strong females in this book! And the rituals and Cherokee stories are very interesting. Some elements, like the raven mockers, are scary. I was getting creeped out reading about them.
I'm so excited to read Hunted now! ( )
  AlyP59 | Apr 25, 2019 |
This book was just not as good as the first three. The time line of the book really got to me. I find it hard to believe that all of the things Zoey and her friends went through happened in two measly months! The other thing that annoyed me was Zoey's flip-flopping between all of her "boyfriends". Her hormones definitely needed toning down and I just didn't want to read about it anymore. The plot was interesting, but I'm getting to the point where I don't care about what is happening. I'm not as anxious to read the next book as I was previously. 3.5 stars ( )
  mitabird | Jun 10, 2018 |
This is better, and longer, than part three, but it does end on one heck of a cliffhanger. ( )
  AngelaJMaher | Apr 28, 2018 |
I was completely blown away by the positive portrayal of Catholicism in this novel. I had thought the People of Faith was a blanket representation of Christianity so I was just expecting the negativity to continue. I was completely blown away by the positive representation!! Maybe this novel will be good for my lost Catholic faith :-)

Adrianne ( )
  Adrianne_p | Mar 2, 2018 |
Shit got real at the end of this book. Which is why I was so frustrated when I read [b:Hunted|4134071|Hunted (House of Night, #5)|P.C. Cast|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1400432860s/4134071.jpg|4181277]. What the hell happened to these books? They were never anything great, but damn! ( )
  ZoeWashburne | Feb 16, 2018 |
I love the series.
added by samieyeam | editTaiwan

P. C. Castprimary authorall editionscalculated
Cast, KristinAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
This one is for the students, past and present, of South Intermediate High School in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. Thanks for your enthusiasm, sense of humor, and support for the series. SIHS is the best!

Also for the ladies of Tulsa Street Cats. They're not nuns, but they do qualify as cat saints!
The caw! caw! cawing! of one stupid crow kept me up all night.
(p 192)

It is the cause, it is the cause, my soul;
let me not name it to you, you chaste stars,
it is the cause. I'll not shed her blood,
nor scar that whiter skin of hers than snow…
(p 193)

…I know nowhere is that Promethean heat
that can thy light relume. When I have pluck'd thy rose,
I cannot give it vital growth again,
It needs must wither. I'll smell thee on the tree.
(p 193)

I must weep, but they are cruel tears. This sorrow's heavenly,
it strikes where it doth love. She wakes.
(p 203-204)

Ancient one sleeping, waiting to arise
When earth's power bleeds sacred red
The mark strikes true; Queen Tsi Sgili will devise
He shall be washed from his entombing bed

Through the hand of the dead he is free
Terrible beauty, monstrous sight
Ruled again they shall be
Women shall kneel to his dark might

Kalona's song sounds sweet
As we slaughter with cold heat
(p 210)

Ancient one sleeping, waiting to arise
When earth's power bleeds sacred red
The mark strikes true; Queen Tsu Sgili will devise

Life sucks when your friends are pissed at you.

Just ask Zoey Redbird – she’s become an undisputed expert on suckiness. In one week she has gone from having three boyfriends to having none, and from having a tight-knit group of friends who trusted and supported her, to being an outcast.  And the worst part is, she knows it’s her own fault.  Speaking of friends, the only two Zoey has left are undead, unMarked, and unable to stop bickering with each other.  So who can blame her for befriending the House of Night’s newest transfer student, the majorly hot Olympic archer, James Stark?

Meanwhile, Neferet has declared a war on humans after it appears that the People of the Faith have murdered two vampyres.  But Aphrodite’s latest visions show a world completely different from the High Priestess’s promises, a world full of violence, hatred, and darkness, all because of Zoey’s death—and the only way it seems she can prevent it from happening is to make things right with her friends.  Zoey knows in her heart that fighting with humans is wrong. But will anyone listen to her?  Zoey's adventures at vampyre finishing school take a wild and dangerous turn as loyalties are tested, shocking true intentions come to light, and an ancient evil is awakened in PC and Kristin Cast's spellbinding fourth House of Night novel.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:59 -0400)

Life sucks when your friends are pissed at you. Just ask Zoey Redbird - she's become an expert on suckiness. In one week she has gone from having three boyfriends to having none, and from having a close group of friends who trusted and supported her, to being an outcast. Speaking of friends, the only two Zoey has left are undead and unMarked. And Neferet has declared war on humans, which Zoey knows in her heart is wrong. But will anyone listen to her? Zoey's adventures at vampyre finishing school take a wild and dangerous turn as loyalties are tested, shocking true intentions come to light, and an ancient evil is awakened in PC and Kristin Cast's spellbinding fourth House of Night novel.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,757,094 books! | Top bar: Always visible