Untamed: A House of Night Novel by P. C.…

Untamed: A House of Night Novel (edition 2009)

by P. C. Cast, Kristin Cast

Member:Samantha07
Title:Untamed: A House of Night Novel
Authors:P. C. Cast
Other authors:Kristin Cast
Info:St. Martin's Press (2009), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 352 pages

Untamed by P. C. Cast

Recently added byfannb, Karabelle, HLCraigSan65, Daniella.McCafferty, private library, 13tequila, AbraLynn27

English (80)  German (1)  All languages (81)
I agree with what one reviewer said; "Why Heath, why??" I don't get it either. In fact, I thought the author was trying to make the readers dislike and forget about Heath, not drag his character on!! Pointless! And I agree, Zoey is not a relatable hero. She's gorgeous, smart, and nice, and too perfect. I don't know. It didn't seem believable or relatable. I still liked the book though why do I keep reading the books in this series? Well, I'm a sucker for the Casts mythology. I find it irresistible and fascinating. It's so good it evens out with all the problems I sometimes have with these characters. The plot is never bad, per se, it just usually is a little uneven. I have "Hunted" on my shelf and that's how far I a with this series. If I loved it I would be eagerly awaiting the next new book. But I like it a lot too, because I have read several thus far. If you enjoy Vampire mythology, rich mythology, I recommend it. If you enjoy YA I also recommend it. And Zoey is a good hero, I just think she seems a little bit too fictional at times. ;) ( )
  Diamond.Dee. | Jul 3, 2015 |
Man I love this series. I really didn't see any of this coming. I thought it would be the typical everything is solved for now type scenario shock me. I can't wait to read part 5 and see what happens to our special fledglings and vampyres. Oh and you don't know how happy it makes me that Zoey and Erik are on their way to a decent relationship. Their separation hurt my spirit, though I do wonder what will happen with Stark. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
Though I liked the story there were some really really annoying things to overlook in this book and perhaps the series in general. The constant catch-up bits from previous books, the repetitive use of Grandma Redbird's use of the Cherokee word for daughter and the language use - the twins' converstion and the vocabulary words spouted and explained by Damien mostly, and the forced relationship between Damien and Jack makes me cringe. The cheesey all-for-on-and-one-for-all group feeling in this reminded me of Buffy's Scooby-gang. Other than these things Untamed was enjoyable and I look forward to reading [b:Hunted]. ( )
  Cynical_Ames | Sep 23, 2014 |
After loosing all three of her boyfriends, and for a time her friends, this book is about Zoey coming into her own and becoming a high priestess. After winning her friends back with the help of Aphrodite, who we are now to forgive and forget that she was 'evil', Zoey meets yet another boy who has a dog (GASP!). Who she promptly falls for and declares her soul mate after a whooping 3 conversations and death scene kiss. This books is the first book that seems to be transitioning the characters into adulthood, we see Cherokee legends, Grandma Redbird, some nuns, and an ancient Vampyre leader. ( )
  AngelaRenea | May 12, 2014 |
The only thing I hate more than the authors of these books, is my fellow teenage girls, whose reviews tend to look a little like this:

OMG LOLZ!!!!! ZOOEY IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AMAZIN I LUV HER!!! ERIK IS SUPER HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT LOLZ ND NEFERET IS SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHH A MEANIE, LIKE CANT SHE LEAVE THEM ALONE FOR LIKE TWO SECS THE NEXT BOOK IS GONNA BE AMZIN CANOT WAIT!!!!! THEY CAPTURE THE TEEN VOICE SO WELL EVEN MY OVERUSE OF CAPITAL LETTERS CANT EXPLAIN IT ITS COOL THERES TOONES OF POP CULTURE IN IT TOOO! KEEPS AWAY OLD PEOPLE WHO ARE STOOOOOOOOOPID AND SHUD NO THIS WASNT RITTEN FOR THEM LOLZ

brain......melted........life.........waning, so painful to........type

*head slumps onto desk after meltdown* ( )
  katie1802 | May 10, 2014 |
I love the serial.
added by omacahuang | editTaiwan

P. C. Castprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cast, KristinAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
This one is for the students, past and present, of South Intermediate High School in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. Thanks for your enthusiasm, sense of humor, and support for the series. SIHS is the best!

Also for the ladies of Tulsa Street Cats. They're not nns, but they do qualify as cat saints!
The caw! caw! cawing! of one stupid crow kept me up all night.
Ancient one sleeping, waiting to arise When earth's power bleeds sacred red The mark strikes true; Queen Tsi Sgili will devise
The mark strikes true; Queen Tsi Sgili will devise He shall be washed from his entombing bed Through the hand of the dead he is free Terrible beauty, monstrous sight Ruled again they shall be Women shall kneel to his dark might Kalona's song sounds sweet As we slaughter with cold heat
It is the cause, it is the cause, my soul; let me not name it to you, you chaste stars, it is the cause. I'll not shed her blood, nor scar that whiter skin of hers than snow...
…I know nowhere is that Promethean heat that can thy light relume. When I have pluck'd thy rose, It needs must wither. I'll smell thee on the tree.
I must weep, but they are cruel tears. This sorrow's heavenly, it strikes where it doth love. She wakes.

Life sucks when your friends are pissed at you.

Just ask Zoey Redbird – she’s become an undisputed expert on suckiness. In one week she has gone from having three boyfriends to having none, and from having a tight-knit group of friends who trusted and supported her, to being an outcast.  And the worst part is, she knows it’s her own fault.  Speaking of friends, the only two Zoey has left are undead, unMarked, and unable to stop bickering with each other.  So who can blame her for befriending the House of Night’s newest transfer student, the majorly hot Olympic archer, James Stark?

Meanwhile, Neferet has declared a war on humans after it appears that the People of the Faith have murdered two vampyres.  But Aphrodite’s latest visions show a world completely different from the High Priestess’s promises, a world full of violence, hatred, and darkness, all because of Zoey’s death—and the only way it seems she can prevent it from happening is to make things right with her friends.  Zoey knows in her heart that fighting with humans is wrong. But will anyone listen to her?  Zoey's adventures at vampyre finishing school take a wild and dangerous turn as loyalties are tested, shocking true intentions come to light, and an ancient evil is awakened in PC and Kristin Cast's spellbinding fourth House of Night novel.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:59 -0400)

Life sucks when your friends are pissed at you. Just ask Zoey Redbird - she's become an expert on suckiness. In one week she has gone from having three boyfriends to having none, and from having a close group of friends who trusted and supported her, to being an outcast. Speaking of friends, the only two Zoey has left are undead and unMarked. And Neferet has declared war on humans, which Zoey knows in her heart is wrong. But will anyone listen to her? Zoey's adventures at vampyre finishing school take a wild and dangerous turn as loyalties are tested, shocking true intentions come to light, and an ancient evil is awakened in PC and Kristin Cast's spellbinding fourth House of Night novel.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,093,866 books! | Top bar: Always visible