Untamed (House of Night, Book 4) by P. C.…

Untamed (House of Night, Book 4) (edition 2008)

by P. C. Cast

Member:LauraAshlee
Title:Untamed (House of Night, Book 4)
Authors:P. C. Cast
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2008), Edition: Trade Paperback Edition, Paperback, 352 pages

Untamed by P. C. Cast

Recently added byprivate library, kaitlynnichole, IrisCollins, Debbie97462, stormysmith, _Celeste_, AIndoria

English (78)  German (1)  All languages (79)
After loosing all three of her boyfriends, and for a time her friends, this book is about Zoey coming into her own and becoming a high priestess. After winning her friends back with the help of Aphrodite, who we are now to forgive and forget that she was 'evil', Zoey meets yet another boy who has a dog (GASP!). Who she promptly falls for and declares her soul mate after a whooping 3 conversations and death scene kiss. This books is the first book that seems to be transitioning the characters into adulthood, we see Cherokee legends, Grandma Redbird, some nuns, and an ancient Vampyre leader. ( )
  AngelaRenea | May 12, 2014 |
The only thing I hate more than the authors of these books, is my fellow teenage girls, whose reviews tend to look a little like this:

OMG LOLZ!!!!! ZOOEY IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AMAZIN I LUV HER!!! ERIK IS SUPER HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT LOLZ ND NEFERET IS SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHH A MEANIE, LIKE CANT SHE LEAVE THEM ALONE FOR LIKE TWO SECS THE NEXT BOOK IS GONNA BE AMZIN CANOT WAIT!!!!! THEY CAPTURE THE TEEN VOICE SO WELL EVEN MY OVERUSE OF CAPITAL LETTERS CANT EXPLAIN IT ITS COOL THERES TOONES OF POP CULTURE IN IT TOOO! KEEPS AWAY OLD PEOPLE WHO ARE STOOOOOOOOOPID AND SHUD NO THIS WASNT RITTEN FOR THEM LOLZ

brain......melted........life.........waning, so painful to........type

*head slumps onto desk after meltdown* ( )
  katie1802 | May 10, 2014 |
Untamed is the fourth book in P.C. and Kristen Cast??s HOUSE OF NIGHT paranormal romance series for young adults. I havenƒ??t enjoyed any of the books so far and I nearly gave up on them halfway through the previous book, Chosen. However, I keep soldiering on because Iƒ??m downloading them for free from my library and theyƒ??re so silly and fluffy that itƒ??s possible to listen to them with only 1/4 of my brain, freeing me up to do some serious multi-tasking while listening. Also, I really want to get them reviewed for FanLit. I mean, that is one of our siteƒ??s goals ƒ?? to read bad books so you donƒ??t have to.

OK, so in my review of the last book, Chosen, I gave a long list of complaints. I wonder if many previous reviewers have given the same list because, itƒ??s really weird, but Cast actually fixes a lot of these problems in Untamed!

Read the rest of the review: http://www.fantasyliterature.com/reviews/untamed/ ( )
  Kat_Hooper | Apr 6, 2014 |
I've chosen to re-read the series because I'm hearing so much about it lately and it seems so much different from what I can remember. The first time around I liked it but found some of the plot boring, melodramatic and pretty much the same old vampire story as well as the characters being just plain annoying. Lets hope the second time around will be better, yes? So until then.. ( )
  FromDuskTilDawn | Mar 1, 2014 |
I just finished reading Untamed by P.C. and Kristin Cast. It takes place in Tulsa, Oklahoma. It is the fourth book in the House Of Night series. In this book, Zoey's friends are mad at her because they discover she has been hiding things from them. They were not aware that she was doing it to protect them because they were completely left in the dark. Aphrodite still has visions even though she's been recently turned into a human while healing Stevie Rae. She has visions of Zoey dying and the world ending. Together they must get her group back on speaking terms and stop Neferet from the evil she's planning before it's too late.

I've loved this series from the second I read it the first time. It's funny, refreshing, and thrilling all at the same time. This book was one of the saddest of all the series for me. That's kind of one of the biggest reasons I love this series so much. It has a way of making you feel what the characters are feeling. There are some parts that are absolutely suspenseful, and others that are light and funny.

There were a few things that I started picking up on that I didn't really like so much. For instance, they seem to have an inconsistency with the element air. I think they should pick one and stick with it. If they want to say wind, they should say wind every time they invoke the element. Same if they choose air. The second problem I have with this series is the constant use of “bullpoopy”. I know this is kind of petty but it just sounds so vulgar. The words she consider cuss words are less vulgar than that.

All in all though, I love this series. It's one of my favorite series of all times. I would fully recommend it to anybody who's into this kind of series. Think of it like teenage vampire series meets Harry Potter. It's mostly targeted at the teenage audience, but I think that there are many adults who will enjoy reading this as well. I know I do. ( )
  WillowStarSerenity | Dec 10, 2013 |
I love the serial.
added by omacahuang | editTaiwan

P. C. Castprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cast, KristinAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
This one is for the students, past and present, of South Intermediate High School in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. Thanks for your enthusiasm, sense of humor, and support for the series. SIHS is the best!

Also for the ladies of Tulsa Street Cats. They're not nns, but they do qualify as cat saints!
The caw! caw! cawing! of one stupid crow kept me up all night.

Life sucks when your friends are pissed at you.

Just ask Zoey Redbird – she’s become an undisputed expert on suckiness. In one week she has gone from having three boyfriends to having none, and from having a tight-knit group of friends who trusted and supported her, to being an outcast.  And the worst part is, she knows it’s her own fault.  Speaking of friends, the only two Zoey has left are undead, unMarked, and unable to stop bickering with each other.  So who can blame her for befriending the House of Night’s newest transfer student, the majorly hot Olympic archer, James Stark?

Meanwhile, Neferet has declared a war on humans after it appears that the People of the Faith have murdered two vampyres.  But Aphrodite’s latest visions show a world completely different from the High Priestess’s promises, a world full of violence, hatred, and darkness, all because of Zoey’s death—and the only way it seems she can prevent it from happening is to make things right with her friends.  Zoey knows in her heart that fighting with humans is wrong. But will anyone listen to her?  Zoey's adventures at vampyre finishing school take a wild and dangerous turn as loyalties are tested, shocking true intentions come to light, and an ancient evil is awakened in PC and Kristin Cast's spellbinding fourth House of Night novel.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:57:09 -0400)

Life sucks when your friends are pissed at you. Just ask Zoey Redbird - she's become an expert on suckiness. In one week she has gone from having three boyfriends to having none, and from having a close group of friends who trusted and supported her, to being an outcast. Speaking of friends, the only two Zoey has left are undead and unMarked. And Neferet has declared war on humans, which Zoey knows in her heart is wrong. But will anyone listen to her? Zoey's adventures at vampyre finishing school take a wild and dangerous turn as loyalties are tested, shocking true intentions come to light, and an ancient evil is awakened in PC and Kristin Cast's spellbinding fourth House of Night novel.… (more)

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,538,396 books! | Top bar: Always visible