Dieper by B. Williams

Dieper (original 2008; edition 2009)

by B. Williams (Author), Valérie Janssen (Translator), R. Gordon (Author)

Series: Tunnels (2)

Member:YolaNL
Title:Dieper
Authors:B. Williams (Author)
Other authors:Valérie Janssen (Translator), R. Gordon (Author)
Info:House of Books B.V. (2009), Perfect Paperback
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:**

Deeper by Roderick Gordon (2008)

This book is the sequel to Tunnels and picks up right where the first one ended. Deeper follows Will, Chester and Cal along with Sarah, Will and Cal's mother, as they take different paths through the underground. This is another fast paced book with interesting characters, lots of action scenes (to keep the youngsters interested) and a great story. I am looking forward to the third book--Freefall.
  walterqchocobo | Apr 8, 2013 |
This book was highly enjoyable, it was even better than the first installment, "Tunnels". There were many unexpected twists and turns that almost had me to tears of joy (or sadness). Brian Williams and Roderick Gordon make an amazingly vivid team. The pieces of the book seamlessly fall together, the expansion of these realistic characters is amazing, the twists around every corner leave you nailed to your seat to read more. This book is perfect for those, like me, who have a hard time finding an amazing SERIES that is thrilling and unexpected. ( )
  little.monster | Apr 17, 2011 |
Roderick Gordan and Brian Williams could not have made a better sequel to "Tunnels" than this book. "Deeper" was by far the most exciting and thrilling book that I have read in my whole life. Every aspect of this book really got through to me. I especially liked how I felt like I could relate to the character because of how realistic they made the characters personalities. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone in interest in reading action or thrilling books. ( )
  DaAy1005 | Jan 31, 2011 |
Reviewed by Joan Stradling for TeensReadToo.com

After digging through the subterranean world of modern-day London in search of his father, fourteen-year-old Will Burrows ended up on the run from the diabolical Styx army with his best friend, Chester, and his newly discovered brother, Cal.

As they travel deeper into the earth, they find dangers none of them ever dreamed possible. And the worst danger of all is the one from Will's murderous sister, Rebecca, who is leading the Styx army in an evil plot that threatens to wipe out those living above ground.

But with their lives at risk far below, can Will and his small band of friends stay alive long enough to save those above?

I enjoyed reading DEEPER even more than I enjoyed the first book, TUNNELS. The dark caverns of this book wound me along at a quick pace as it led me deeper and deeper into the story. I found myself happily submerged in the deeper and darker lives and trials of these characters.

It wasn't as slow going as the first book since Gordon and Williams excavated and laid the groundwork for a solid underground world in TUNNELS. As a result, the plot and character development moved along at a much smoother pace in DEEPER.

I am looking forward to the sequel so I can FREEFALL further into the depths of these characters' lives. ( )
  GeniusJen | Oct 10, 2009 |
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It takes the initial characters from Tunnels and expands upon them, giving them much more depth. It also adds three new characters, Sarah Jerome,
Will's and Cal's mother, Drake, another Topsoiler taken below by the Styx for his knowledge in optics and Elliot, a young woman from the Colony, who, like Drake, is now a renegade. Drake and Elliot help Will, Cal and Chester run from the pursuing Styx. This book is filled with drama, excitement, horror, and near misses. More than that it has much to say about responsibility, friendship, love, regret, revenge and remorse. It is a great read. ( )
  Eurekas | Feb 20, 2009 |

Roderick Gordonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Williams, Brianmain authorall editionsconfirmed
And I listened, and I heard
Hammers beating, night and day, In the palace newly reared, Beating it to dust and clay: Other hammers, muffled hammers, Silent hammers of decay. from The Hammers Ralph Hodgson (1871-1962)
With a hiss and a cllunk, the doors whisked shut, depositing the woman by the bus stop.
"He said that our skin has a dead layer on it."

She had his attention now - he frowned quizzically at her.

"It's the cleverest thing. It dies and the top layers flake off, to protect us from infection." Straightening up, she lifted her hands from his shoulders and brushed one over the back of the other to illustrate what she was saying.

"The bacteria - or germules, as you call them - they settle, but can't get a hold." "So? Cal said intrigued.
"So right now, part of you is dying, just like your skin. It might take a while - it did with me - but it will die to save you. And next time you'll be tougher and stronger."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0545096367, Mass Market Paperback)

Now in paperback, the New York Times Bestselling sequel to TUNNELS, with bonus materials and a sneak peek at the third book in the series!

In TUNNELS, boy archaeologist Will Burrows went in search of his missing father--and discovered a sinister subterranean world. Now, wandering the dark, hot bowels beneath the Colony with his best friend, Chester, and his brother, Cal, Will stumbles across the Styx's dastardly plan to enslave all Topsoilers by poisoning them with a lethal toxin. Slowly he begins to piece together the plot. But how can Will save all those above from annihilation when his own life is at risk down below--and when his killer sister is still at large?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:20:16 -0400)

As Will Burrows continues to search for his lost archaeologist father in the strange underground world he has discovered, he stumbles across a sinister plot with terrible implications for the world above.

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,734,361 books! | Top bar: Always visible