Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione

Pleasure Unbound (edition 2008)

by Larissa Ione

Member:mom2lnb
Title:Pleasure Unbound
Authors:Larissa Ione
Info:Forever (2008), Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages
Collections:Your library, Favorites
Rating:****1/2
Tags:Romance, Romance Alternate Reality, Romance Alternate Reality Angels & Demons

Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione

Eternal Hunger by Laura Wright (TheBooknerd)
    TheBooknerd: These two series are quite similar in characters and plot setup... otherworldly brothers with a dreaded genetic legacy.
    Seduced By Shadows: A Novel of the Marked Souls by Jessa Slade (thewalkinggirl)
    thewalkinggirl: Both have demons with hearts of gold and dark, angsty romance
    Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank (AngelLocke)
    AngelLocke: This is one of my favorite series. I seriously love her idea of these super hot demons.

I am surprised I read this book. I mean, come on... "Pleasure Unbound?" Gag! I would NEVER have read this book if not for e-readers. In fact, I sometimes wonder if the Romance genre is experiencing a surge in sales since e-readers were introduced, because I hear a lot of people saying similar things about Romance books these days. But really, I guess the title is just being honest, it IS a paranormal romance after all. I have tried several adult para-romance books and the genre is very dodgy. It is hard to find one that has well done characters, dialogue that doesn't make you roll your eyes too much, and a decent plot. This book has all of those things. The premise is actually pretty creative, the characters are distinct and have some depth, and the dialogue seems believable... most of the time anyway :)

HOWEVER, I do think this book should probably come with some disclaimers: (1) If you are not OK with a gratuitous sex scene every, oh... 2 or 3 chapters, then don't read this book. There is a lot of sex. Well duh, right? I mean more than standard. (2) Rape is a topic in this book. In fact, very thin lines are drawn and blurred and bent on that topic throughout the book. So, if you have issues with that, don't read this book. I honestly thought I would be a little more disturbed by it, but I gave the book 4 stars so,apparently it didn't bother me that much.

So, enjoy! Or don't :) ( )
  Kanic | Apr 9, 2014 |
Ok I admit at first I didn't like this book. It was soooo out there but as you read more into and get to know the characters you fall in love with them. ( )
  amydnoland | Mar 31, 2014 |
Made. Of. Awesome. ( )
  RobynBachar | Feb 27, 2014 |
I've been looking for a new PNR series to get lost in for a while. I've found that in the erotica/romance genres, paranormal just tends to stick with me. I've loved the BDB series, as well as Midnight Breed and Kate Daniels series. I've tried a few others that just didn't mesh with me, so when I finally read this one after Jaime and Jeanette suggested I give it a go, I was hesitantly excited.

And I was hooked from the beginning.

First of all, we have a big, beefy, hot as sin doctor. In scrubs. Oh, and he's an Incubus, so there's the matter of his giant and always ready peen, too. Then throw in a sassy, smart-assed, BAMF heroine and I was SOLD.

The plot was intriguing, with enough mystery to keep me on the edge of my seat. The author really balanced everything nicely in this book. I didn't feel like we got too much sex, too much world building, too much down time... Everything had its place and was done well. We had just enough of all those things to keep me interested for the entire book. Plus. PLUS. I laughed. A lot. This book seriously had everything in it that I hunt for in books. Great characters, wonderful world building, strong heroine, good sex, and laughs.

Plus, we are thrown into a whole new world, so I am anxious for the other books. Eidolon has two brothers, both Incubus (incubuses? incubi? haha), and I cannot wait to read Shade's story. I'm intrigued to see how the author continues the plot, and if she's able to keep me as interested in the remaining books as she had me in the first.

Bottom line: hot book with fabulous characters, an interesting and unique world and a great storyline, with laughs to top it off. Read it.

If my review wasn't enough to get you to read it, go read this one. ( )
  CreativeJunkie | Sep 23, 2013 |
Rather entreating. 4.5 stars, super angst ridden end. ( )
  sharrow | Sep 21, 2013 |
The demon is a prince of the air and can transform himself into several shapes, delude our senses for a time; but his power is determined, he may terrify us but not hurt.

--Robery Burton, Anatomy of Melancholy
This book is dedicated to every single person who came to the aid of my family after Hurricane Katrina...you were instrumental in getting me back on my feet and writing again. Without you, this book would not have been possilbe. I will never be able to thank you often enough or well enough, but know that I will not forget.

To my parents, who never stopped encouraging me, who supported my dream from the beginning. I love you very much.

To my husband, Bryan, and my son Brennan, who put up with countless nights of hearing, "You're on your own for dinner," while I was under deadline. You mean the world to me.

To Roberta Brown, for being an incredible agent and having faith in my writing, and Melanie Murray for being patient, helpful, and enthusiastic about this project.

To HelenKay Dimon, Alison Kent, Lynn Viehl...you know why.

To my fellow Gnippers, who have been rooting me on for years.

Last but not least, to Karen Boss and Dee Knight, who took time out of their busy schedules to provide last-minute resads and the best advice ever, and Stephanie Tyler, Jaci Burton, and Lara Adrian, for more than I have room to list.
Had Eidolon been anywhere but the hospital, he would have killed the guy pleading for his life before him.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 044640103X, Mass Market Paperback)

In a place where ecstasy can cost you your life . . .

Two lovers will dare to risk all.

Eidolon cannot resist this fiery, dangerous woman who fills him with both rage and passion. Not only is she his avowed enemy, but she could very well be the hunter who has been preying upon his people. Torn between his need for the truth and his quest to find his perfect mate before a horrific transformation claims him forever, Eidolon will dare the unthinkable-and let Tayla possess him, body and soul . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:28:27 -0400)

"She's a demon-slayer who hungers for sensual pleasure-but fears it will always be denied her. Until Tayla Mancuso lands in a hospital run by demons in disguise, and the head doctor, Eidolon, makes her body burn with unslakable desire. But to prove her ultimate loyalty to her peers, she must betray the surgeon who saved her life."--Back cover.… (more)

Larissa Ione is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,633,742 books! | Top bar: Always visible