Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione

Pleasure Unbound (edition 2008)

by Larissa Ione

Member:mom2lnb
Title:Pleasure Unbound
Authors:Larissa Ione
Info:Forever (2008), Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages
Collections:Your library, Favorites
Rating:****1/2
Tags:Romance, Romance Alternate Reality, Romance Alternate Reality Angels & Demons

Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione

Eternal Hunger by Laura Wright (TheBooknerd)
    TheBooknerd: These two series are quite similar in characters and plot setup... otherworldly brothers with a dreaded genetic legacy.
    Seduced By Shadows: A Novel of the Marked Souls by Jessa Slade (thewalkinggirl)
    thewalkinggirl: Both have demons with hearts of gold and dark, angsty romance
    Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank (AngelLocke)
    AngelLocke: This is one of my favorite series. I seriously love her idea of these super hot demons.
    Dark Lover by J. R. Ward (Vonini)
    Vonini: Both books feature paranormal romance and an urban setting.

3.5 for extra steamy sex.

The story was solid and written well. Something about it just doesn't sit with me well but I can't quite put my finger on it either. The characters were interesting and fun to read. Protective and passionate. Steamy and serious. The idea of a demonic hospital was funny at first but as I read more into this authors demonic brethren I found it quite interesting and a necessity. The characters hang ups were real and in her case, quite scary. I felt so bad for her and when I understood why she couldn't come I'm not sure who I felt more for, her or Eidolon. He had his own problems, demonic maturity the top priority and scariest problem. Being a doctor means everything and becoming a lusty sex focused beast must be terrifying.

Also, on a side note, I feel for the human regent Kynan. He was awesome and doesn't deserve the cards felt him. Granted many of the characters in this book didn't either. It was a steady reminder that this was kind of a dark book in general. But even in darkness there is beauty and I did enjoy it. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
3 1/2 stars. This first book in the Demonica series had to spend a fair amount of time setting up the complicated world the series is set in, which weighed it down somewhat. But I liked Eidolon and Tayla, and I plowed right into book 2 to see how it developed further. ( )
  Booklover889 | Feb 25, 2016 |
I just did not relate to the characters. Eidolon is a dream demon, a Dr. too. But, sex inright off the bat, a DR. doing his "druged" patient ? I love to have some romance, but sex with hardly any story to it? At least have some story built up before. Not what I enjoy in a PNR series. I can't believe in the destined for each other slam down sex happening with out a build up. I found this book to be a disappointment. It passed the time with no real flair. I will not continue the series. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Felt too dark. Felt like it would be a little graphic/violent. Too much work just reading the first few pages.
  emblue | Jan 3, 2016 |
This was just okay for me. 2 stars. I didn't like the heroine at all. Yes she was a strong fighter which normally I like, but I didn't like her at all. And, I think it really dragged the book down for me.

The story itself was different. Sci-fi/paranormal genres can be real hit or miss with me... and this one just wasn't it. I may try the 2nd in the series in the next month or 2 and see if I like it better. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
The demon is a prince of the air and can transform himself into several shapes, delude our senses for a time; but his power is determined, he may terrify us but not hurt.

--Robery Burton, Anatomy of Melancholy
This book is dedicated to every single person who came to the aid of my family after Hurricane Katrina...you were instrumental in getting me back on my feet and writing again. Without you, this book would not have been possilbe. I will never be able to thank you often enough or well enough, but know that I will not forget.

To my parents, who never stopped encouraging me, who supported my dream from the beginning. I love you very much.

To my husband, Bryan, and my son Brennan, who put up with countless nights of hearing, "You're on your own for dinner," while I was under deadline. You mean the world to me.

To Roberta Brown, for being an incredible agent and having faith in my writing, and Melanie Murray for being patient, helpful, and enthusiastic about this project.

To HelenKay Dimon, Alison Kent, Lynn Viehl...you know why.

To my fellow Gnippers, who have been rooting me on for years.

Last but not least, to Karen Boss and Dee Knight, who took time out of their busy schedules to provide last-minute resads and the best advice ever, and Stephanie Tyler, Jaci Burton, and Lara Adrian, for more than I have room to list.
Had Eidolon been anywhere but the hospital, he would have killed the guy pleading for his life before him.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 044640103X, Mass Market Paperback)

In a place where ecstasy can cost you your life . . .

Two lovers will dare to risk all.

Eidolon cannot resist this fiery, dangerous woman who fills him with both rage and passion. Not only is she his avowed enemy, but she could very well be the hunter who has been preying upon his people. Torn between his need for the truth and his quest to find his perfect mate before a horrific transformation claims him forever, Eidolon will dare the unthinkable-and let Tayla possess him, body and soul . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:50 -0400)

"She's a demon-slayer who hungers for sensual pleasure-but fears it will always be denied her. Until Tayla Mancuso lands in a hospital run by demons in disguise, and the head doctor, Eidolon, makes her body burn with unslakable desire. But to prove her ultimate loyalty to her peers, she must betray the surgeon who saved her life."--Back cover.… (more)

Larissa Ione is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,834,201 books! | Top bar: Always visible