Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione

Pleasure Unbound (edition 2008)

by Larissa Ione

Title:Pleasure Unbound
Authors:Larissa Ione
Info:Forever (2008), Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages
Collections:Your library, Favorites
Tags:Romance, Romance Alternate Reality, Romance Alternate Reality Angels & Demons

Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione

Eternal Hunger by Laura Wright (TheBooknerd)
    TheBooknerd: These two series are quite similar in characters and plot setup... otherworldly brothers with a dreaded genetic legacy.
    Seduced By Shadows: A Novel of the Marked Souls by Jessa Slade (thewalkinggirl)
    thewalkinggirl: Both have demons with hearts of gold and dark, angsty romance
    Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank (AngelLocke)
    AngelLocke: This is one of my favorite series. I seriously love her idea of these super hot demons.
    Dark Lover by J. R. Ward (Vonini)
    Vonini: Both books feature paranormal romance and an urban setting.

I really like this series. Most people automatically think all demons are bad. This series shows you there are good and bad demons just like good and bad humans. I also like the little stories the author weaves in all the books like Gem's love for Kynan. This is a well thought out series and a good series. Read it! ( )
  msphotogirl | Oct 19, 2015 |
Fue como un capìtulo de Grey's Anatomy pero muuuuy largo , con màs sexo (si es posible) y con un toque paranormal .

Meh .

LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
I loved both the hero and the heroine in this story. The scenes between E & Tay are smokin'. It's the first in the series and Ione does a good job of introducing you to her world and moving the plot along. The next book is already on my nightstand! ( )
  Akaria | May 13, 2015 |
This review is also published at http://thebookaholiccat.com

Pleasure Unbound is book one of the Demonica series by Larissa Ione.

Eidolon is the director and founder of the Underground General Hospital (UGH). A hospital specialized in provide care for Demons. Eidolon’s species is a kind of incubus demon called Seminus. He has also the power to heal. But his time is running out, he is about to turn hundred and with that age his final maturity change called the S’genesis will occur turning him into a vicious being powered with the need to impregnate every available female in his close proximity. They only thing that will prevent his fate is to find his mate.
When an injured human, nothing else than a demon slayer is brought to his hospital he decides to treat her against the wishes of his staff and his two brothers, Shade and Wraith, who also work for the hospital. His excuse for sparing Tayla’s life is that he is a doctor and he is sworn to provide treatment to a patient in need. But there is more to that, Eidolon finds the slayer intriguing and wants to know more about her.
When Tayla wakes up in a strange hospital she realizes there is something wrong, especially after the circumstances in which she wakes up.
Tayla remembers to be involved in a fight were her partner lost her life to a demon; she was also injured by the same demon and was dying, she doesn’t remember anything else after that.
Tayla has fought demons for over 8 years, since the day her mother was killed by one of them. She now belongs to an elite group of fighters called Aegis, their mission is to kill demons, vampires and all the other creatures that go bump in the night.
Tayla has been taught all demons are evil but now she owes her life to one of the creatures she lives to hate and kill and doesn’t know what to make of it.
Eidolon wants to trust Tayla, and wants to show her that not all demons are bad. Tayla wants to use Eidolon, now she has the opportunity to get valuable information for the Aegis.
But when things stopped to be black and white and become different shades of grey she starts to question her beliefs and everything she has based her life upon.

Even though Tayla is a compelling character I wasn’t completely drawn to her. Don’t take me wrong, she is a kick ass heroine but sometimes she was a little bit frustrating for me. She has a dark and turbulent past and has done all kind of things to survived. Because of all those things that have happened to her, trusting is a very big issue. But she is smart and knows to accept when she is wrong.

Eidolon is a steamy, sexy, smart, charismatic doctor. He is a “good” demon, who is always trying to find a balance, not just for him but to help others. He is very caring and loves his brothers deeply.

I loved the secondary characters in this book, specially Shade and wraith. I can say I sometimes liked them more than Tayla, although Tayla improves at the end of the book.

The world building is really good. There are hundreds of species of demons, all with different shapes, forms, powers and qualities. There are also vampires, were-animals, fallen angels and many more weird creatures. The plot is also different and interesting. The demons are not evil, at least not all of them. Things are not always what you expected, sometimes you find good where you thought just evil exist and evil where you thought it was all good.
I had a little bit of a problem getting into the book, I think it was because all the weird names and demon terminology at the beginning, but after the first twenty pages or so, I got really into it and it became a page turner, I didn’t want to put down.

Pleasure Unbound is the perfect example of a well-written paranormal romance novel. It has complex characters, action packed pages, sizzling scenes and a well paced plot.
Pleasure Unbound was my first book by Larissa Ione and it will not be my last. I can’t wait to read the following books of this series. ( )
  BookaholicCat | Mar 4, 2015 |
Wow, this book really took me by surprise. This one had been sitting on my "to be read" pile for months and I've just been ignoring it because honestly I couldn't remember why I had picked it up. With that in mind, when I picked it up I didn't have very high expectations for the story. But damn was I pleasantly shocked at how fun of a ride this story was.

Eidolon, an incubus, runs a demon hospital where the motto is that they have to treat everything that walks through the doors in need of assistance. Even baby munching demons and members of an organization that indiscriminately kills demons. Eidolon starts kicking himself over making that motto when Tayla, a member of one of those organizations, comes in with some bad injuries. Now, not only does he have to fix her up but he also has to keep his staff from killing and torturing her. Despite, the fact that her cult killed his brother he's determined to make sure she gets out of his hospital in one piece. In the process of making sure she gets home safely, Eidolon is trying to resist his second sexual maturation that basically makes incubus's bat shit crazy. And Tayla is determined to prove that the organization she works for is not behind the torture/butchering of demons for their body parts in order to reassure herself that she's fighting on the right side.

Holy shit, does Ione do incubus demons right. Eidolon was a big ball of sex. Every time him and Tayla jumped each other I was fanning myself. It was also great to read a good enemies to lovers story. The only thing that got a little annoying for me in the story was Tayla's determination to hold onto her prejudices surrounding demons. Even after her organization tried blowing her up, she was still desperately clung to her belief that they were the good guys. But the reason for Tayla's stubbornness concerning her prejudices was explained really well through her back story and saved her character from being obnoxious.

If you're looking for a fun, fast paced paranormal romance I would recommend this book. I can't wait to read the next book in the series and see more of Ione's incubuses. ( )
  Book_Minx | Jan 24, 2015 |
The demon is a prince of the air and can transform himself into several shapes, delude our senses for a time; but his power is determined, he may terrify us but not hurt.

--Robery Burton, Anatomy of Melancholy
This book is dedicated to every single person who came to the aid of my family after Hurricane Katrina...you were instrumental in getting me back on my feet and writing again. Without you, this book would not have been possilbe. I will never be able to thank you often enough or well enough, but know that I will not forget.

To my parents, who never stopped encouraging me, who supported my dream from the beginning. I love you very much.

To my husband, Bryan, and my son Brennan, who put up with countless nights of hearing, "You're on your own for dinner," while I was under deadline. You mean the world to me.

To Roberta Brown, for being an incredible agent and having faith in my writing, and Melanie Murray for being patient, helpful, and enthusiastic about this project.

To HelenKay Dimon, Alison Kent, Lynn Viehl...you know why.

To my fellow Gnippers, who have been rooting me on for years.

Last but not least, to Karen Boss and Dee Knight, who took time out of their busy schedules to provide last-minute resads and the best advice ever, and Stephanie Tyler, Jaci Burton, and Lara Adrian, for more than I have room to list.
Had Eidolon been anywhere but the hospital, he would have killed the guy pleading for his life before him.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 044640103X, Mass Market Paperback)

In a place where ecstasy can cost you your life . . .

Two lovers will dare to risk all.

Eidolon cannot resist this fiery, dangerous woman who fills him with both rage and passion. Not only is she his avowed enemy, but she could very well be the hunter who has been preying upon his people. Torn between his need for the truth and his quest to find his perfect mate before a horrific transformation claims him forever, Eidolon will dare the unthinkable-and let Tayla possess him, body and soul . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:50 -0400)

"She's a demon-slayer who hungers for sensual pleasure-but fears it will always be denied her. Until Tayla Mancuso lands in a hospital run by demons in disguise, and the head doctor, Eidolon, makes her body burn with unslakable desire. But to prove her ultimate loyalty to her peers, she must betray the surgeon who saved her life."--Back cover.… (more)

Larissa Ione is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,865,540 books! | Top bar: Always visible