Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione

Pleasure Unbound (edition 2008)

by Larissa Ione

Member:mom2lnb
Title:Pleasure Unbound
Authors:Larissa Ione
Info:
Collections:Your library, Favorites
Rating:****1/2
Tags:Romance, Romance Alternate Reality, Romance Alternate Reality Angels & Demons

Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione

Eternal Hunger by Laura Wright (TheBooknerd)
    TheBooknerd: These two series are quite similar in characters and plot setup... otherworldly brothers with a dreaded genetic legacy.
    Seduced By Shadows: A Novel of the Marked Souls by Jessa Slade (thewalkinggirl)
    thewalkinggirl: Both have demons with hearts of gold and dark, angsty romance
    Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank (AngelLocke)
    AngelLocke: This is one of my favorite series. I seriously love her idea of these super hot demons.

Throughout the book there was an interesting theme of "what/who is good/evil?" going on, and just because you trust someone doesn't mean they are deserving of that trust. Just because someone is a demon doesn’t automatically make them evil and not all humans are “good”. There was a grey area and plenty of stereotypical role reversals to keep me on my toes. The humans actually seemed more evil as they had a choice over their actions whereas not all of the demon species could choose, it was simply their nature. The demons were more humane (how ironic), they didn’t torture Tayla, their enemy but treated and healed her wounds but the humans tortured and killed Yuri.

I found it interesting that Tayla could probably best Eidolen in a fight, that's unusual in PNR. Tayla’s difficulty in reconciling what she was with what her father had done was done well, she was very strong to have survived all she had. The relationship between Gem and Tayla was very realistic, it mirrored my experience of when I found my half-sister and all the emotions I felt about her, her life and her experience with our father, and vice versa.

I was intrigued by some of the supporting cast; Gem and her unrequited love for Kynan but the death of his wife brings me hope that something might happen between them in future, and Wraith, I can’t wait to read his book –I’m a sucker for mysterious tortured souls.

The beginning of this book was unbelievably frustrating with the constant switching of POVs but this evened out with the reasons for this becoming clearer in the second half of the book, which was the better half by the way. I’m not usually one for half stars but I’d give this 7/10 so that’s 3.5 stars. ( )
  Cynical_Ames | Sep 23, 2014 |
Okay, actually it's a 4,5 star rating. Great book, great world building, amazing characters and crazy chemistry between Tay and E. The ending was very good too and I'm thinking why not give it a five star rating. I don't know. I think something was missing. Just a little something. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
I am surprised I read this book. I mean, come on... "Pleasure Unbound?" Gag! I would NEVER have read this book if not for e-readers. In fact, I sometimes wonder if the Romance genre is experiencing a surge in sales since e-readers were introduced, because I hear a lot of people saying similar things about Romance books these days. But really, I guess the title is just being honest, it IS a paranormal romance after all. I have tried several adult para-romance books and the genre is very dodgy. It is hard to find one that has well done characters, dialogue that doesn't make you roll your eyes too much, and a decent plot. This book has all of those things. The premise is actually pretty creative, the characters are distinct and have some depth, and the dialogue seems believable... most of the time anyway :)

HOWEVER, I do think this book should probably come with some disclaimers: (1) If you are not OK with a gratuitous sex scene every, oh... 2 or 3 chapters, then don't read this book. There is a lot of sex. Well duh, right? I mean more than standard. (2) Rape is a topic in this book. In fact, very thin lines are drawn and blurred and bent on that topic throughout the book. So, if you have issues with that, don't read this book. I honestly thought I would be a little more disturbed by it, but I gave the book 4 stars so,apparently it didn't bother me that much.

So, enjoy! Or don't :) ( )
  Kanic | Apr 9, 2014 |
Ok I admit at first I didn't like this book. It was soooo out there but as you read more into and get to know the characters you fall in love with them. ( )
  amydnoland | Mar 31, 2014 |
Made. Of. Awesome. ( )
  RobynBachar | Feb 27, 2014 |
The demon is a prince of the air and can transform himself into several shapes, delude our senses for a time; but his power is determined, he may terrify us but not hurt.

--Robery Burton, Anatomy of Melancholy
This book is dedicated to every single person who came to the aid of my family after Hurricane Katrina...you were instrumental in getting me back on my feet and writing again. Without you, this book would not have been possilbe. I will never be able to thank you often enough or well enough, but know that I will not forget.

To my parents, who never stopped encouraging me, who supported my dream from the beginning. I love you very much.

To my husband, Bryan, and my son Brennan, who put up with countless nights of hearing, "You're on your own for dinner," while I was under deadline. You mean the world to me.

To Roberta Brown, for being an incredible agent and having faith in my writing, and Melanie Murray for being patient, helpful, and enthusiastic about this project.

To HelenKay Dimon, Alison Kent, Lynn Viehl...you know why.

To my fellow Gnippers, who have been rooting me on for years.

Last but not least, to Karen Boss and Dee Knight, who took time out of their busy schedules to provide last-minute resads and the best advice ever, and Stephanie Tyler, Jaci Burton, and Lara Adrian, for more than I have room to list.
Had Eidolon been anywhere but the hospital, he would have killed the guy pleading for his life before him.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 044640103X, Mass Market Paperback)

In a place where ecstasy can cost you your life . . .

Two lovers will dare to risk all.

Eidolon cannot resist this fiery, dangerous woman who fills him with both rage and passion. Not only is she his avowed enemy, but she could very well be the hunter who has been preying upon his people. Torn between his need for the truth and his quest to find his perfect mate before a horrific transformation claims him forever, Eidolon will dare the unthinkable-and let Tayla possess him, body and soul . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:28:27 -0400)

"She's a demon-slayer who hungers for sensual pleasure-but fears it will always be denied her. Until Tayla Mancuso lands in a hospital run by demons in disguise, and the head doctor, Eidolon, makes her body burn with unslakable desire. But to prove her ultimate loyalty to her peers, she must betray the surgeon who saved her life."--Back cover.… (more)

Larissa Ione is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,353,347 books! | Top bar: Always visible