Trial By Fire: The Firefighters of Station…

Trial By Fire: The Firefighters of Station Five (edition 2008)

by Jo Davis

Member:robinlynn25
Title:Trial By Fire: The Firefighters of Station Five
Authors:Jo Davis
Info:Signet (2008), Edition: Book 1, The Firefighters, Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages

Trial By Fire: The Firefighters of Station Five by Jo Davis

This is one of THE best books I've read in years. It seems rare anymore to find a book that you truly can't put down and that the characters stay with you long after you finish the book. In the past few months, I've been fortunate to stumble upon a few like that. This is the best of the best.

Plus, it is hot, hot, hot!!! I can't wait to read the next one in the series. ( )
  JamiDavenport | Apr 2, 2014 |
Couldn't make my way out of the first chapter. Lots of characters, lots of info dump and reactions during a potentially dangerous situation that did not impress. Totally sucked in by some gorgeous cover at! ( )
  sharrow | Sep 21, 2013 |

Where to start? I'm in love with the first book of this series. The chemistry between the characters is not only believable, but scorching hot. There was more to the story than just combustion between Kat and Howard. The drama and suspense wove through the story at a realistic pace and kept me biting my nails all the way to the end.

I adored Kat for her confidence. The fact that she isn't the typical size 2 female, and she doesn't care to chase after the that type of image, had me cheering for her. I like women with confidence and high self esteem. Of course she wasn't completely flawless, but she handled herself rather well in tough situations.

Howard was ... *fans self* ... smoking hot. He's our tortured hero with a dark past that comes back to haunt him and everyone who cares about him. Yes, he makes quite a few mistakes that could jeopardize his chance at love and happiness, but luckily he pulls his head out of his *** when it really mattered.

@Sandra: For now, I'd say get prepared to have me hound you about putting this on your list, lol ;) ( )
  MsRomanticReads | Apr 12, 2013 |
Read for Fun
Book Club Selection

My View: I thought this was a good suspenseful read with a pretty hot romance. I liked Howard and Kat and even though I thought they jumped into bed to soon (especially for her personality). However, when confronted with a very hot and very willing Firefighter even the "sweetest" gals might be swayed. Their romance played out well through out the secondary story lines of the deranged arsonist and Howard's childhood scars. All in all I really recommend this book to anyone who likes Hot Firefighters and Romantic Suspense. I will be reading the rest of the series!

Book Club View: Most of the ladies really liked this story too. We all seemed to agree that "Howard" wasn't a great name for the Lieutenant but most of us either called him Pax, 6-Pack, or Lieutenant to get over it. We all kind of had various degrees of "cover our faces" with some of the "naughty" bits but agreed the smex was H-O-T! Some figured out the arsonist early while others (aka me) did not. It was a fantastic fun discussion and we all agreed this is a series to continue.
  thehistorychic | Apr 3, 2013 |
Trial by Fire
3 Stars

The suspense plot has potential and is exciting in places although the villain is obvious very early on and the motive predictable.

Unfortunately, the romance, while sexy and steamy, is also the weak point. Howard (what is up with that name? He's a gorgeous alpha firefighter not a nerdy accountant who cheats on his taxes...) and Kat's scenes are mainly sex with a little conversation thrown in which is were things get angsty.

First, he spills his guts about his traumatic childhood (an element of the story that is actually intense, horrifying and well written) and then he clams up tighter than a drum. When things get tough, he considers cheating. This is a complete NO-NO for me although Kat's reaction is precious.

Speaking of Kat, she is a spunky heroine who, despite one or two TSTL moments, is engaging and never lets Howard walk all over her.

Some of the internal dialogue and expressions are irritating and ridiculous but the secondary characters are interesting enough to continue with the series. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Apr 2, 2013 |
Lieutenant Howard Paxton gritted his teeth against the burn, every muscle straining as he pumped three hundred pounds of iron from his bare sweaty chest.

Howard may love being a firefighter and riding his Harley, but there’s nothing he values more than his bachelorhood. That is, until a feisty, curvaceous teacher named Kat McKenna falls into his arms at the scene of a fire—and melts the six-foot-six tower of bronze muscle…

But just as passion ignites between them—and they explore new heights of sexual ecstasy—a ruthless arsonist with a deadly secret and a thirst for vengeance becomes their worst nightmare…

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451224779, Mass Market Paperback)

Dont get burned...

Lieutenant Howard ?Six- Pack? Paxton loves three things: being a firefighter, riding his Harley, and his bachelorhood. That is, until the curvaceous Kat McKenna falls into his arms at the scene of a fire?and melts the six-foot-six tower of bronze muscle?

But just as passion ignites between them?and they explore new heights of ecstasy?a ruthless arsonist with a deadly secret and a thirst for vengeance becomes their worst nightmare.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:19:33 -0400)

"Howard may love being a fireman and riding his Harley, but there's nothing he values more than his bachelorhood--until a feisty, curvaceous teacher named Kat McKenna falls into his arms at the scene of a blaze and melts the six-foot-six tower of bronzed muscle. But just a passion ignites between them, and they begin to explore new heights of sexual ecstasy, a ruthless arsonist with a deadly secret and a thirst for vengeance becomes their worst nightmare."--p. [4] of cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,052,347 books! | Top bar: Always visible