The Midnight Man by Charlotte Mede

The Midnight Man

by Charlotte Mede

91950,433 (1.75)None
Aug 08 (1) erotica (1) gone (1) historical (2) romance (1) unread (1)

After three tries, I finally gave up. Yes...a book I couldn't finish! "The Midnight Man" by Charlotte Mede hit all my wrong 'buttons'. I didn't like the characters, I didn't like the plot, and I think I got whiplash of the mind from jumping back and forth between characters, locations, and schemes.

There may be readers who enjoy this book, but I'm not one. ( )
  jjmachshev | Apr 12, 2009 |

The less you know about Ramsay, the better . . . Lady Helena Hartford knows nothing about Nicholas Ramsay. Rumored to be the richest man in England, he appears out of the shadows and commands her to trust him. Newly widowed, Helena is the target of powerful forces determined to seize her fortune by committing her to an asylum. Losing her wealth means nothing, but losing her freedom to the fetid air and hopelessness of Bedlam would be a never-ending horror. Nicholas has his own reasons for pursuing Lady Hartford. Familiar with the scandalous reputation her artwork has inspired, he is focused on revenge but supremely unprepared for the immediate, gut-clenching desire she invokes. As their uneasy alliance gives way to intense passion, enemies are circling ever nearer, intent on a shocking agenda. And Helena has no choice but to trust this mysterious, unpredictable man who could be her savior, or the means of delivering her to her worst nightmare . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:28 -0400)

Newly widowed, Helena is the target of powerful forces determined to seize her tortune by committing her to an asylum, and subjecting her to the most horrible degredations a woman could face. Will Nicholas be her savior... or does his own gut-clenching desire for her put her into deeper peril?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,842,160 books! | Top bar: Always visible