Heart Fate by Robin D. Owens

When the hero finds out that his heartmate isn't only 14 but already married, in this grief, he turns to another woman and they marry. He did love his wife but after the loss of a child, they file for divorce. Now the heroine has escaped her abusive and pedophile husband and found a secret oasis garden to live. The hero tracks her down and begins to teach her self defense so she'd never be a victim again. This book doesn't have the spark that the others in the series do. For the entire book, the hero is grieving over the loss of his marriage. Even when he's with the heroine, they have zero chemistry. I understand that the heroine is skittish from her abuse but it doesn't really make a lot of sense for the author to pen her so traumatized that there is little to no romance in a romance novel. The whole book is weighted down explaining all the many and complex customs of their world and I swear if I heard one more 'merry' this or 'merry' that I was going to scream! ( )
  Eden00 | May 14, 2016 |
Lahsin was a little younger than I would have enjoyed, but an understandable storyline. Tinne too was rather young. I like how divorce was made to be a difficult thing to do that had to go through testing. Maybe if that was part of our culture there would be less?

Robin's Celta series is enjoyable and I look forward to visiting it again. I also hope that there will be more in her other series. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Lahsin Yew escapes from an abusive husband into a hidden sanctuary where she seeks peace and her Second Passage to acquire the magic known as Flair. But she’s not the only resident in BalmHeal. Tinne Holly is there, too, allowed inside only because he’s anguished over his divorce. Both emotionally wounded by broken relationships, they are drawn together by their unacknowledged Heart bond. Will they be able to reconcile their pasts in order to move ahead into the future? With Lahsin wary of men, Tinne has to approach her carefully even as his heart yearns for her. Forbidden by law to mention their connection, he can only hope that time will heal them both so they can be together. But when Lahsin learns the truth, will she turn away from him? Excellent world building and likeable characters will pull you into this imaginative tale. ( )
  NancyJCohen | Jan 2, 2014 |
TBR
  Ebeth.Naylor | Sep 30, 2013 |
This was the first HeartMates book I ever read. I wanted to do a re-read to see if it held up as well as I remember. It did.

I'd have to say this is probably my favorite of the series to date. I love that both characters have suffered greatly and aren't ready to jump into anything. The both need time to mend and heal. Seeing their relationship grow is beautiful and lovely.

If you're looking for a sweet romance, I'd highly recommend this one. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |

Wed to a wealthy older man when she was just a girl, Lahsin Yew runs away from her abusive home to find a new life. At seventeen, she?s about to enter her Second Passage, when her Flair?and perhaps her HeartMate?will be revealed.

Lahsin finds sanctuary in a secret garden, where she meets Tinne Holly. Though he is her HeartMate, he cannot tell her, and her troubled past prevents her from trusting any man. Pretending to find her by chance, Tinne helps her through her Second Passage. But when the truth is revealed, can she forgive his deception, and learn to trust in her destiny?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:46 -0400)

Wed against her will as a young girl to a wealthy older man, seventeen-year-old Lahsin Yew is on the verge of her Second Passage when she flees her abusive home to seek sanctuary in a secret garden, where she meets Tinne Holly, unaware that he is her HeartMate, in the seventh novel in the futuristic Celta romance series.… (more)

Robin D. Owens is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,628,733 books! | Top bar: Always visible