Heart Fate by Robin D. Owens
Recently added bypnwbookgirl, GanneC, private library, Schlyne, Robin.D..Green, Ruupasya

Lahsin was a little younger than I would have enjoyed, but an understandable storyline. Tinne too was rather young. I like how divorce was made to be a difficult thing to do that had to go through testing. Maybe if that was part of our culture there would be less?

Robin's Celta series is enjoyable and I look forward to visiting it again. I also hope that there will be more in her other series. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Lahsin Yew escapes from an abusive husband into a hidden sanctuary where she seeks peace and her Second Passage to acquire the magic known as Flair. But she’s not the only resident in BalmHeal. Tinne Holly is there, too, allowed inside only because he’s anguished over his divorce. Both emotionally wounded by broken relationships, they are drawn together by their unacknowledged Heart bond. Will they be able to reconcile their pasts in order to move ahead into the future? With Lahsin wary of men, Tinne has to approach her carefully even as his heart yearns for her. Forbidden by law to mention their connection, he can only hope that time will heal them both so they can be together. But when Lahsin learns the truth, will she turn away from him? Excellent world building and likeable characters will pull you into this imaginative tale. ( )
  NancyJCohen | Jan 2, 2014 |
TBR
  Ebeth.Naylor | Sep 30, 2013 |
This was the first HeartMates book I ever read. I wanted to do a re-read to see if it held up as well as I remember. It did.

I'd have to say this is probably my favorite of the series to date. I love that both characters have suffered greatly and aren't ready to jump into anything. The both need time to mend and heal. Seeing their relationship grow is beautiful and lovely.

If you're looking for a sweet romance, I'd highly recommend this one. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
I was interested to see how the author would free the two characters from the relationships they were in during the previous books and was agreeably surprised by how well it was managed. It was believable and not too rushed. As a result the romance developed gradually but it worked well. ( )
  holly123 | Sep 11, 2009 |

Wed to a wealthy older man when she was just a girl, Lahsin Yew runs away from her abusive home to find a new life. At seventeen, she?s about to enter her Second Passage, when her Flair?and perhaps her HeartMate?will be revealed.

Lahsin finds sanctuary in a secret garden, where she meets Tinne Holly. Though he is her HeartMate, he cannot tell her, and her troubled past prevents her from trusting any man. Pretending to find her by chance, Tinne helps her through her Second Passage. But when the truth is revealed, can she forgive his deception, and learn to trust in her destiny?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:46 -0400)

Wed against her will as a young girl to a wealthy older man, seventeen-year-old Lahsin Yew is on the verge of her Second Passage when she flees her abusive home to seek sanctuary in a secret garden, where she meets Tinne Holly, unaware that he is her HeartMate, in the seventh novel in the futuristic Celta romance series.… (more)

Robin D. Owens is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,190,982 books! | Top bar: Always visible