Addicted by Lydia Parks

Addicted

by Lydia Parks

191537,190 (1.8)None

Meh. "Addicted" by Lydia Parks is an erotic twofer from Aphrodisia. There's really not much new or unusual about Parks' vampires and thus my lower rating.

"Once Bitten" is 190 pages of hot sex. He's an old vampire, she's a young thing whose blind love for a wacko puts her in the vampire's path. When he takes her bait, her boyfriend almost kills him. Vamp recovers and comes after her. They fall in love while she's his captive and...well, you know the story.

"Bite Me Again" is the second story. This time she's a cop who's suspicious of his presence near some bad guys. He's innocent (of this anyway) and powerfully attracted to her. He helps her investigation into white slavery and runs into an old enemy. You can probably take it from here.

"Addicted" is definitely hot. But I found myself getting a little bored with the constant sex (bet you never thought to read THAT in one of my reviews) and didn't actually feel drawn to any of the characters. I also kept getting that deja vu feeling that I'd read this one before. I hadn't, but I didn't find anything that made Lydia Parks' vampires different or memorable from the other myriad vampires romping their way through books today. ( )
  jjmachshev | May 2, 2009 |

They come at dusk in a cloak of sensuality. They embody our darkest fears and our most erotic fantasies. Enter their immortal world - and surrender to their seduction...Once a lawman, now a vampire, Jake Brand still likes to play fair. So he fulfils his need for blood by giving his victims intense sexual pleasure. The scent of their lust intoxicates him, making the taste of the liquid heat pulsing through their bodies even more desirable. But then he meets Athena who threatens his self control and makes him wonder if he has finally found the woman who can bring him to his knees in submission...After centuries of being a vampire, Thomas Ward has learned to satisfy his bloodlust without harming his victims. Instead he brings them to the peak of sexual ecstasy and then savours the taste of their hot passion as it explodes throughout their body. But now he's met a woman who tempts him like no other, who may be able to offer the one thing in the world he seeks - total surrender - if only he can trust her...

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:52 -0400)

Vampire Jake Brand, a master of pleasure, finally finds the one woman who can satisfy his every need, while Thomas Ward, bringing his victims to the peak of sexual ectasy, meets his match in a mortal beauty who has the power to bring him to his knees.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,404,364 books! | Top bar: Always visible