Thread of Fear by Laura Griffin

Thread of Fear

by Laura Griffin

Thread of Fear
4 Stars

An engrossing mystery that keeps you guessing but the romance could have been better.

Fiona and Jack have great chemistry, however, it is difficult to connect with them as individuals. Fiona comes across as aloof and emotionally reserved while Jack has an annoying habit of being economical with the truth. Important details about their backgrounds are gradually revealed but by then it is too little, too late.

The serial killer plot is what makes this a worthwhile read. The initial set-up grabs you right off the bat and increases in tension and suspense to keep you on the edge of your seat. Fiona's occupation as a forensic artist adds a compelling layer both to her character and to the mystery, and the small town vibe is entertaining. The climax is also well-written and satisfying although the Fiona does lean toward being TSTL and the motivation for the crime could have been explained in more detail.

On a final note, this book and its sequel, Whisper of Warning precede Griffin's Tracers series and a number of characters are set up here to get their own books. Fiona's uninhibited sister, Courtney, is the heroine of the sequel and Nathan's story is the first of the Tracers books (which I have already read and enjoyed). Looking forward to continuing both series. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Nov 19, 2016 |
Good mystery, good and believable romance. ( )
1 vote Marcella1717 | Jan 22, 2016 |
This book was really good. I enjoy Laura Griffins writing style, and how she has great strong but sweet and vulnerable heroines. The character of Fiona was a really interesting one, the idea of a forensic sketch artist was really unique. I wouldn't mind reading more books about characters like that, the supporting aspect of police work, too often the heroines are either cops or victims, the switch was really nice. The writing was amazing of course, and the hero was pretty awesome. My one problem was that I absolutely hated the character of Courtney, I had planned to read her book next, but I hated her character so much that I returned her book. ( )
1 vote LaCello | Sep 21, 2013 |
My first Laura Griffin book and I'm hooked. An unerring mix of suspense, police procedural, and romance, THREAD OF FEAR had vivid, interesting characters that made for a very satisfying romance. I felt an actual thrill as they came together, and the relationship suspense was based on real human interactions rather than trumped up melodrama or misunderstandings. Loved this book, can't wait to read more. ( )
1 vote Capnrandm | Apr 15, 2013 |
You will not be disappointed

Laura Griffin’s books are always full or originality – the characters, the plotlines, the twists and turns, the settings.

Fiona Glass is an artist who is trying to break free of her obligations to the police and the FBI. She is tired of all the ugliness and pain the work brings her. But a police officer needs help with tracking down a rapist and murderer he has a personal vendetta against, and once again Fiona feels compelled to help out.

I am always amazed by how real Griffin’s characters seem. They have their own quirks, their own problems. Every time I pick up one of her books I know I’m guaranteed to be surprised, and I know I’m going to have a late night or two trying to get to the end as fast as I can. Thread of Fear is Laura Griffin in her element. This is the kind of book anybody can enjoy – it takes things from so many genres. ( )
1 vote ZosiaCanberra | Jan 24, 2010 |

The author of "One Last Breath" pens a tempting new novel of passion and suspense, in which a female forensic artist joins a small-town sheriff in a deadly race to catch a serial killer.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,578,581 books! | Top bar: Always visible