Seduce Me at Sunrise by Lisa Kleypas

Seduce Me at Sunrise

by Lisa Kleypas

1,009428,457 (3.94)1 / 44

English (41)  Tagalog (1)  All (42)
Seduce Me at Sunrise
5 Stars

Lovely and engaging read - I'm a complete sucker for the dark, brooding and tortured heroes so, of course, Kev is now my favorite Hathaway hero.

The yearning, passion and sensuality of Kev and Win's romance is captivating. While Kev's stubborn refusal to admit his deep and abiding love for Win is frustrating at times, it is nevertheless understandable in light of his past and actually serves to highlight the intensity of his feelings.

Win is simply lovely. Her strength and determination in facing the obstacles to her heart's desire and her need to seize everything that life has to offer make her an irresistible heroine.

The secondary characters are charming (love that Dodger) and the villain is more suitably punished in this as compared to book #1.

Finally, the hints at the upcoming romance between Leo and Catherine are very enticing. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Nov 19, 2016 |
I absolutely adored ths! First off I got more of Win and Kev whom I desperately was hoping for, but aside from that, I was overwhelmed by the love I felt for Leo, Cam and Kev. The banter, camaraderie and brotherly advise exchanged between these three was so unbelievably real that I was either holding back the tears or laughing out loud. This book will most definitely be read again!

More to be added once I am on my computer. :) ( )
  JulieCovington | May 29, 2016 |
I finished this book in one day!!! That's how good it was!! The whole Hathaway family series is amazing!!! There was so many funny and sad moments, and there was so much hot scenes just as the first book, I laughed and oh-ed and ah-ed!! Love how Kev loves Win and how Cam loves Amelia!!! I want a gypsy husband too!! LOL!

What I loved about this book, that it felt like a redo of Wuthering Heights, in it, Heathcliff actually marries Cathy and they live happily ever after!! ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
After being sorely disappointed by Mine Till Midnight, I didn't have high hopes for Seduce Me at Sunrise. But this is one of the rare cases in HR where the second book actually manages to be better than its preprocessor.

Win and Kev have been in love since they were children, but Kev feels he doesn't deserve her because of his rough past. Pretty clichéd, right? I thought so too, for about one chapter. But surprisingly, that's about all the pages it took for me to fall completely for Kev. I even understood why he felt unworthy of Win. I loved watching him slowly come to the realization that the past can't define his future, and Win's worthy of all the pain. I honestly cared about these two, which is the main thing that was missing from Mine Till Midnight.

I also genuinely liked reading about the interaction and dialogue between all the Hathaway siblings. Where it felt forced and slightly fake in Mine Till Midnight, it came across as completely natural and sweet in Seduce Me at Sunrise.

And Leo is a serious favorite of mine. He was more or less a worthless heap of bones in Amelia's story, but he's changed into quite a remarkable and capable man now. After Win's romance, I'm sure his will be the next best because I simply can't wait to see how he gets settled down with someone as stuck-up and uptight as the governess. Watching him happy is sure to compensate for all the times my heart has hurt over his bleak grief-induced words. Take this, for example:
"Amelia told me once about a suspicion she'd had for a while. It bothered her quite a bit. She said that when Win and I had fallen ill with scarlet fever, and you made the deadly nightshade syrup, you'd concocted far more than was necessary. And you kept a cup of it on Win's nightstand, like some sort of macabre nightcap. Amelia said that if Win had died, she thought you would have taken the rest of that poison. And I've always hated you for that. Because you forced me to stay alive without the woman I loved, while you had no bloody intention of doing the same."

Merripen didn't answer, gave no sign that he registered Leo's words.

"Christ, man," Leo said huskily. "If you had the bollocks to die with her, don't you think you could work up the courage to live with her?"

It's a powerful, touching, and achingly poignant romance of two lovers yearning for each other who must confront and heal the past, face their fears, and fight destiny to finally be together, forever.

These are my favorite Kev Merripen quotes:

"All the fires of hell could burn for a thousand years and it wouldn't equal what I feel for you in one minute of the day. I love you so much there is no pleasure in it. Nothing but torment. Because if I could dilute what I feel for you to the millionth part, it would still be enough to kill you. And even if it drives me mad, I would rather see you live in the arms of that cold, soulless bastard than die in mine."

I love you, he thought, looking at Win. I love every part of you, every thought and word...the entire complex, fascinating bundle of all the things you are. I want you with ten different kinds of need at once. I love all the seasons of you, the way you are now, the thought of how much more beautiful you'll be in the decades to come. I love you for being the answer to every question my heart could ask. ( )
  AlexisLovesBooks | Feb 9, 2016 |
To Shelia Clover English, a beautiful, kind woman who has so many gifts and talents. Thank you for turning my words into little works of video art, and even more for being a wonderful friend.
Win had always thought Kev Merripen was beautiful, in the way that an austere landscape or a wintry day could be beautiful.

He has tried hard to forget her.
Kev Merripen has longed for the beautiful, well-bred Winnifred Hathaway ever since her family rescued him from the brink of death when he was just a boy. But this handsome Gypsy is a man of mysterious origins--and he fears that the darkness of his past could crush delicate, luminous Win. So Kev refuses to submit to temptation...and before long Win is torn from him by a devastating twist of fate.

Can she remember them man he once was?
Then, Win returns to England...only to find that Kev has hardened into a man who will deny love at all costs. Meantime, an attractive, seductive suitor has set his sights on Win. It's now or never for Kev to make his move. But first, he must confront a dangerous secret about his destiny--or risk losing the only woman he has lived for...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312949812, Mass Market Paperback)

Kev Merripen has longed for the beautiful, well-bred Winnifred Hathaway ever since her family rescued him from the brink of death when he was just a boy. But this handsome Gypsy is a man of mysterious origins—and he fears that the darkness of his past could crush delicate, luminous Win. So Kev refuses to submit to temptation…and before long Win is torn from him by a devastating twist of fate.

Then, Win returns to England…only to find that Kev has hardened into a man who will deny love at all costs. Meantime, an attractive, seductive suitor has set his sights on Win. It’s now or never for Kev to make his move. But first, he must confront a dangerous secret about his destiny—or risk losing the only woman he has lived for…

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:27 -0400)

Kev Merripen has secretly longed for the beautiful, well-bred Winnifred Hathaway ever since her family rescued him from the brink of death. Now a charming, ruthless suitor has his sights set on Win, and Kev must confront a grave secret about his past--or lose the only woman he's ever lived for.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,418,789 books! | Top bar: Always visible