Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, Book 2)…

Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, Book 2) (edition 2008)

by Lisa Kleypas

1,1004611,360 (3.94)1 / 48
Member:chantyfun
Title:Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, Book 2)
Authors:Lisa Kleypas
Info:St. Martin's Paperbacks (2008), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:*****

Seduce Me at Sunrise by Lisa Kleypas

English (44)  Tagalog (1)  All languages (45)
Summary:
Winnifred Hathaway, has been in love with Kev Merripen, but he refuses to accept the feelings they have for each other. So after suffering from being sickly, she goes to France for a couple of years, to see a doctor that has helped patients in similar condition as she is in. When she comes back healthy and vibrant with life, she expects that Kev will finally accept them being together and she can finally not have to hide her true feelings from him, especially the powerful passion that flames up between them. However Kev is still just as stubborn as ever, and seems more primal now that she brought the young doctor with her. Kev, scarred on the inside from his time with his uncle among the romany, is bitter and knows that he can never be with Win, for he would never want to harm her, and knows that there is a beast inside of him, reading to burst free, but Win is just as stubborn and determined as he is, and will fight with every breath left in her to convince him that their love is worth fighting for….

The Hero (Kev Merripen)
Kev, not wanted by his real father, is sent to his uncle, and treated like a dog, and now is hardened because of his past. Kev is a intimidating man, but there is one family that doesn’t feel intimidated by him, and thats the Hathaways, who are more unusual of gadjes that one would expect, but there is one Hathaway who is his downfall and must harden himself to her, so that he doesn’t succumb, because he knows that he could very well hurt her, and that’s the last thing that he would do, and she deserves much more than a rom, but he finds it hard letting go for she is what he lives and breathes for….

The Heroine (Winnifred Hathaway)
Win, has been sickly ever since she suffered from a sickness years ago, and survived, but her body has always been weak since then, and she dreams of the day that she can be strong and healthy again. When she hears of a doctor in France, who has had success with people in similar conditions as herself, she decides to go, and although she is gone for two years, she hopes that the love that she has for Kev, will be strong enough to make him realize how she could never live without him in her life….

My Thoughts
Seduce Me At Sunrise is the second installment in the Hathaway series by Lisa Kleypas. From the first book in the series, we see and ache for Win, for suffering as she does. I just have loved Kev and Win, and loved reading their story, so achingly sweet yet a tormenting side to the story as well. Kev is a man that is haunted by his past and has suffered much and doesn’t reveal his true self to Win, knowing that she could never accept him. But Win is strong and spirited and fights for those that she loves, even stubborn and pig headed Rom’s. There were parts of this story that made me cry, and parts that made me laugh, and was a entertaining story to say the least. It stole my heart from the first chapter!!! AN UNFORGETTABLE STORY!!!!

My Favorite Quote
What if this were the last moment you ever had with me? Wouldn’t you have been sorry not to tell me how you felt? Wouldn’t you–” Merripen covered her mouth with his, desperate for a way to make her quiet. His arms went around her, wrapping her in his vast strength, holding her against the hardness of his body. And then everything ignited, and they were both lost in a furor of need. ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 17, 2019 |
Fantastic book. I have been fascinated by Kev since I read Mine Till Midnight. His protectiveness toward the Hathaway family, his closeness to them, yet the distance he also exhibits was intriguing. It was also obvious at that point that he is very much in love with Win. This book opens with the story of how Kev came to live with the Hathaway family. I ached for him and what he had been through. I loved his introduction into the Hathaway family, his bewilderment at the kindness they showed him, and his immediate connection with Win.

Kev is a man tortured by the demons of his past. The things he did before living with the Hathaways have him convinced that he is no good for Win. However, that does not stop him from doing everything possible to keep her safe. The scene when she was sick with scarlet fever was intense and heartbreaking, as Kev was determined to save her or die himself. His protectiveness after her illness showed the depth of his feelings, and his loneliness after she left for France drove him further inside himself. The work that he buried himself in was all that kept him going.

Win is sweet and gentle, but she also has a spine of steel. She has been in love with Kev ever since he joined the family, but she can't get him to admit his feelings. Tired of being ill all the time, and knowing that, if she wants Kev she needs to be healthy, Win went to France to a special clinic. I loved her triumphant return and determination to live life to the fullest. Part of that is to finally get Kev to admit his feelings.

The development of the relationship between Kev and Win was intense and frequently frustrating. There was no doubt about the depth of their feelings. Win loved Kev and made no secret of that fact. I loved watching her try to push him into admitting his feelings for her. She tempted him beyond all reason, but every time he would seem to give in, he would then pull right back. I ached for Kev, who was terrified that in the intensity of his feelings for her, he would somehow cause her harm. I wanted to shake him after the scene at the ball, as he all but pushed her into Julian's arms. His misery was well-earned, and his way of dealing with it was highly unusual for him. I had to laugh at the irony of it being Leo who came to get him. My heart also broke for Leo as he shared the importance of accepting love when it's offered because you never know what will happen. I loved what Kev did with that information. His big moment was romantic, intense, tender, and so very hot. For Win, it was everything she could have hoped for. I loved how she got him to tell her all about his past, and the freeing effect it had on him. It's not all unicorns and roses though, as Julian doesn't fade quietly into the background. Besides attempting to drive a wedge between Kev and Win, his further actions against Kev go awry, and tragedy is only averted thanks to a ruthless Win.

Along with the romance of Kev and Win, there is plenty to see of the other Hathaways. Cam and Amelia are blissfully happy in their marriage. Amelia is still mother-henning the whole family, though with a slightly lighter touch. Poppy and Beatrix have accepted their need for help to navigate the Season, and the addition of Miss Marks to the household is just what they need. I liked the new and improved Leo, who after two years away from the vices of London, is fast becoming an admirable man, though there are times he seems to fight it just a little. His interactions with Miss Marks are hilarious.

I also loved learning more about the connection between Cam and Kev. From their first meeting in the previous book, there was first antagonism, then grudging respect. The discovery of their matching tattoos increases the mystery. Cam is determined to find out about his past, while Kev wants to put his behind him. I loved their interactions in this book, as Cam seems to take great satisfaction in tweaking Kev's temper. I was not entirely surprised by the information that Cam and Kev discovered at the gypsy camp. It was interesting to see the different reactions that Cam and Kev each had. Cam's renewed determination to find out the details bore fruit at the end of the book. The scene at the camp, as Kev struggled to save Cam's life, and then they listened to what the gypsy leader had to say, was so intense I was on the edge of my seat. Even more amazing was the visitor that Cam and Kev received a few days later. I had to laugh at Cam and Kev's reactions and that of their very obnoxious visitor. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall of London sitting rooms when that news got out. The epilogue was terrific, especially Kev's reaction to Win's labor. ( )
  scoutmomskf | Aug 9, 2018 |
Seduce Me at Sunrise
5 Stars

Lovely and engaging read - I'm a complete sucker for the dark, brooding and tortured heroes so, of course, Kev is now my favorite Hathaway hero.

The yearning, passion and sensuality of Kev and Win's romance is captivating. While Kev's stubborn refusal to admit his deep and abiding love for Win is frustrating at times, it is nevertheless understandable in light of his past and actually serves to highlight the intensity of his feelings.

Win is simply lovely. Her strength and determination in facing the obstacles to her heart's desire and her need to seize everything that life has to offer make her an irresistible heroine.

The secondary characters are charming (love that Dodger) and the villain is more suitably punished in this as compared to book #1.

Finally, the hints at the upcoming romance between Leo and Catherine are very enticing. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
Win Hathaway has never been healthy since her severe bout of scarlet fever. When she has the opportunity to go to a clinic in Franc which has had great success with improving the health of patients like her, Win jumps at the chance. Her only regret is that it means a lengthy separation from Kev Merripen, the Roma her parents took in as a boy and the man that Win has loved most of her life. Certain that her ill health is the only thing that has kept Kev from declaring his feelings for her, Win is surprised when she returns after two years and finds Kev still unwilling to confess to the mutual feelings between them.

A solid romance with interesting characters, as always. Kleypas has obviously spent some time digging into Roma culture and she does a creditable job of exploring the issues that both Win and Kev are dealing with. I also enjoy that Kleypas continues to give us insight into the lives of the other Hathaways that were introduced in the first novel. Not my favourite of her books but a decent read if you enjoy historical roman ( )
  MickyFine | May 8, 2018 |
Winifred Hathaway is the second daughter of 4 girls and one son in the Hathaway family. She is weak and not strong having survived a near death Scarlet Fever attack. Secretly she’s always loved Merripan, a gypsy taken in by her parents as a boy when they found him left for dead. At 19 he’s her protector and in love with her but feels he is unworthy of her because of his gypsy blood. Win is sent to France to recover and returns two years later healthy and strong followed by her doctor who wants to court her. Of course stubborn Merripen doesn’t want anyone else to have her but won’t speak for her until she forces him to take some drastic steps. ( )
  Kathy89 | Nov 19, 2017 |

Lisa Kleypasprimary authorall editionscalculated
Landor, RosalynNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Shelia Clover English, a beautiful, kind woman who has so many gifts and talents. Thank you for turning my words into little works of video art, and even more for being a wonderful friend.
Win had always thought Kev Merripen was beautiful, in the way that an austere landscape or a wintry day could be beautiful.

He has tried hard to forget her.
Kev Merripen has longed for the beautiful, well-bred Winnifred Hathaway ever since her family rescued him from the brink of death when he was just a boy. But this handsome Gypsy is a man of mysterious origins--and he fears that the darkness of his past could crush delicate, luminous Win. So Kev refuses to submit to temptation...and before long Win is torn from him by a devastating twist of fate.

Can she remember them man he once was?
Then, Win returns to England...only to find that Kev has hardened into a man who will deny love at all costs. Meantime, an attractive, seductive suitor has set his sights on Win. It's now or never for Kev to make his move. But first, he must confront a dangerous secret about his destiny--or risk losing the only woman he has lived for...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312949812, Mass Market Paperback)

Kev Merripen has longed for the beautiful, well-bred Winnifred Hathaway ever since her family rescued him from the brink of death when he was just a boy. But this handsome Gypsy is a man of mysterious origins—and he fears that the darkness of his past could crush delicate, luminous Win. So Kev refuses to submit to temptation…and before long Win is torn from him by a devastating twist of fate.

Then, Win returns to England…only to find that Kev has hardened into a man who will deny love at all costs. Meantime, an attractive, seductive suitor has set his sights on Win. It’s now or never for Kev to make his move. But first, he must confront a dangerous secret about his destiny—or risk losing the only woman he has lived for…

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:27 -0400)

Kev Merripen has secretly longed for the beautiful, well-bred Winnifred Hathaway ever since her family rescued him from the brink of death. Now a charming, ruthless suitor has his sights set on Win, and Kev must confront a grave secret about his past--or lose the only woman he's ever lived for.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,342,153 books! | Top bar: Always visible