Night Fall: A Novel by Cherry Adair

Night Fall: A Novel

by Cherry Adair

Series: T-FLAC (12), T-FLAC: Bodyguard Trilogy (1)

Fired from her job as a PA for a law firm in Atlanta and pending criminal charges for assault, the heroine takes up a position as the PA for the President of a war torn and disease ridden African county. She believes in him, is loyal to him and in her new position of broadcasting to the world the good he's doing for his country and his people, she finds purpose in her own life. She's involved in helping the sick and dying people even at the risk of her own health. The hero is a university friend of the president, in the country at the request of his once friend to help him stop the wizard believed to be killing the population. As a T-FLAD agent, the hero is gifted with invisibility and teleportation but lately his abilities have become unreliable. When he meets the heroine, he's shocked by the attraction he feels towards her. In his mind he always pictures his One Day Woman, mother to his children and future life partner and the woman before him doesn't fit any of the requirements he's looking for. She isn't feminine, she's talkative and brash and she's got fiery red hair. But something about her sparks something within him and at the first opportunity, he finds himself kissing her. She in turn finds the hero super sexy and has no qualms about entering into a no strings attached love affair with him. Though it hurts to think of him with another woman, she's happy to have him now. And when she finds out about his unique abilities she's intrigued, not repulsed by them. They do come in handy when she's being hunted by the enemy after she captures something on camera that incriminates them. Now, she is on the run for her life, chased by men with big guns and low morals, protected by a big strong beautiful man whom could never truly be hers. And to top it all off, they find themselves in the middle of the African politics and a conspiracy that rocks the heroine's faith in her boss and in the chances of her getting out of the situation alive. This was a great book. So sad in parts because it does a great job of portraying the struggle of the war torn and impoverished African countries. Though something to keep in mind, it is a romance novel. Even though it had a dark times, overall it is not antsy or a tear jerker so don't read it expecting a prized award winning piece of fiction because it's not that deep. Regardless, it is a lovely romantic paranormal suspense with great action, awesome chemistry between the characters and both humorous and sad parts in equal measure. I dreaded the heroine being that stereotyped 'feisty' heroine but she was likeable and admirable in her drive to help a good cause. The hero was alright, being that typical badass fighter with a gun and the girl. I could have done with a bit more depth to his character but I enjoyed the small insight into his past and his childhood which inspired his dream life with his dream wife and house of children. I quite liked this book. This author is turning into a must read as I've adored the first 2 books that I've read from her. ( )
  Eden00 | May 14, 2016 |
Easy, fast paced enjoyable read that kept me turning the page. I was quickly drawn in by the characters Kess and Simon. The horrible issues they were facing all through out the book kept the story interesting at every turn. Their back and forth banter and interest in each other made the romance sizzle. I also did love the wizard angle added to the TFLAC series. I haven't read all of the TFLAC books, and just jumped into this Night series. ( )
  Kr15tina | Jan 7, 2015 |
This book is hot, hot, hot. I can't wait to read the other 2 books in this trilogy. ( )
  risadabomb | May 29, 2009 |
"Night Fall" by Cherry Adair had me doing the whole love/hate thing at first. Then once I figured out I needed to suspend reality, I loved it! A really hot read with a really hot wizard.

Kess is the PR rep for the current President of the African nation of Mallaruza. She's also kind of keeping a low profile before her upcoming court case back in the States. With Mallaruza's election and her court case coming up in just a few weeks, she's pretty stressed. Then there's the whole deadly disease and warring neighbor nation thing going on. Into this steps a sexy, tall, drink-of-water friend of the current President and all of a sudden Kess' hormones are going crazy!

Simon is battling some craziness of his own. Recently his magical has been going on the fritz. So when he decides to take a vacation and visit his old college buddy, the current President of Mallaruza, he really hadn't planned on stepping smack dab into a mystery. When he sets out to discover who and what is behind the mysterious, fatal disease he runs into Kess...and even though she isn't anything like he always imagined his dream woman to be, the more time he spends with her, the more his own image of his dream woman keeps changing ...and she's looking more and more like Kess! Now if he can just keep both of them alive.

Suspend reality and you'll enjoy it. Look for normalcy and logic and you'll be disappointed. Read it for the hot wizard and the smoking sex and you'll have a lovely couple of hours of escapism! ( )
  jjmachshev | Nov 3, 2008 |
The first story in a trilogy about three orphaned boys that are also part wizard's. This story is about Simon & Kess who are in Africa fighting the global war against paranormal terror.
  DunnFunKat | Oct 2, 2008 |

Adair, CherryAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
MacDuffie, CarringtonReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To the incredibly brave men and women of the United States armed forces who put their lives on the line every day to serve our country here and overseas. You labor every day to ensure the safety of the people under your protection, risking your lives to preserve the lives and safety of others. Your sacrifices are not forgotten. From the bottom of my heart I thank you.
Mallaruza
Central West Africa

“Morning,” Kess Goodall said absently as she and Simon Blackthorne passed in an upstairs hallway of the city offices of Mallaruza’s state capitol building.

T-FLAC/psi operative Simon Blackthorne goes to Africa to continue the global war against paranormal terror–never expecting to clash swords with strong-willed Kess Goodall.

Kess struggles in her own desperate battle to unravel a deadly secret that has killed millions in the tiny country of Mallaruza. But Simon proves to be the ultimate distraction: his very presence takes her body to the edge of a pleasure-filled abyss, his touch superbly rapturous. Now, against a backdrop of staggering beauty and horrific violence, with danger at every turn and libidos in overdrive, a spirited woman and an indomitable wizard face a malevolent force more frightening than both can imagine.

With foes strong and numerous, Kess and Simon must forge a bond strong enough to eliminate a sadistic enemy before Mallaruza is lost to terrorist control and the world forever changed.

Simon Blackthorne goes to Africa to continue the war against paranormal terror. While ther he meets Kess Goodal, who is struggling to unravel a deadly plauge that has killed millions. Together they fight to eliminate to save the country of Mallaruza before it is lost to terrorist control.… (more)

Cherry Adair is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,505,279 books! | Top bar: Always visible