The Club by Sharon Page

Collections:Your library, RRPSM
Rating:***
Tags:Historical Romance, Domestic violence, abuse

The Club by Sharon Page

I really haven't read too many historical romances yet, so I can't tell how The Club compares to others in the genre. There was an interesting, dangerous mystery going on throughout the whole book. It really dragged on for a while, but then toward the end, this book became more of a page turner. I enjoyed the evolution of Jane's character - from timid and fearful to confident and brave at the end. I also enjoyed watching her previous perceptions of Christian completely turn around as well. The reader gets to make these discoveries about him along with Jane. ( )
  __Lindsey__ | Apr 17, 2013 |
When I read the word "erotic" on the back cover of this book I thought "uh-oh." I'm not a prude, mind you, I'm just not into the erotic genre. This was my first time reading something by Sharon Page, and I really liked this book. The Club is an erotic place where many of London's high soceity go to get naughty. It also has a dark secret.Jane St. Giles, Lady Sherringham, goes to the club in an effort to find her friend Del, a patron of the club, who had gone missing. Jane has pretended to come to the club to be entertained. She waits in her bedchamber for the man she has paid for, freaking out, because she has no intention of having sex with anyone. She just wants information.Enter Christian Sutcliffe, Lord Wickham. The extremely handsome Lord Wickham happens to be Del's brother and has come to The Club for the same reasons as Jane. Jane and Christian's relationship develops over several encounters of intrigue and lust. Wickham is rather creative in his sexual endeavors, and I have to say I was quite engrossed in many of the scenes. A notorious rake, Wickham isn't known as "Lord Wicked" for nothing. The Club has danger, intrigue and lust brilliantly fused into one good read. ( )
  rainrunner | Feb 15, 2011 |
Intriguing characters that hooked me. The plot was probably more complex than necessary but the characters overcame that. I'll definitely take a look at the author's next book. ( )
  reesa00 | Mar 23, 2009 |

blurb: Enter a world of sin, scandal and the most forbidden pleasures. It is London’s most secretive gentleman’s club - a place where no well-bred lady would dare to be seen. But Jane St. Giles, Lady Sherringham has no choice. Her friend Del has vanished and Jane must enter into a dangerous charade to find her. Now within the gilded walls of this erotic lair, Jane awaits the lover she had procured for the evening. But the man who enters her bedchamber is no stranger. He is Del’s brother and London’s wickedest rake - a man on a rescue mission of his own. Christian is intrigued by the innocent beauty who clearly does not belong in the notorious brothel. And as the two seek out the damming secrets of the club……as Christian initiates Jane into the ways of true sensual pleasure she knows she had entered the most dangerous place of all - where the price of temptation could be her heart.

Pulled into her late husband's dark world by the need to find her missing friend, Jane Beaumont is forced to search for answers in Regency London's most secretive gentlemen's club.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,647,649 books! | Top bar: Always visible