One Bite With A Stranger by Christine Warren
5001920,399 (3.47)7

Read this as it's previous incarnation of Fantasy Fix. I really dislike it when an older book is re-issued with a different title. I think that's misleading. ( )
  shaunesay | Jun 21, 2017 |
One Bite With A Stranger
2 Stars

Regina is definitely NOT my kind of heroine - she is a closet submissive who, despite her claims of independence, allows her friends to bully her and her lover to manipulate and control her. Dmitri is your typical alpha male with no real characterization.

The world building is virtually non-existent with some hints about a council of some kind and cooperation between vampires and shapeshifters. The suspense plot is underdeveloped and when the resolution comes around it is complete in less that one chapter.

If I hadn't read a couple of books later in the series and I didn't know that the world building and plots improve, I wouldn't bother continuing. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Nov 19, 2016 |
I like the unique concept of the opening of this book with the fantasy sexual connections. The character, storyline, and plot are just ok but not necessarily memorable. I wasn't expecting this since it was promoted as a paranormal romance, but the book is an erotica romance novel with sub/dom interactions and a little bdsm.

As a female, I am a disturbed by the main character telling her lover "No" and "Stop" and the male forcefully refusing to cease his conquest. Can we say rape? Yet the main female lead doesn't address the forced intercourse because she's in post coital bliss. This is sending young females the message of one of two things: either men won't stop if you tell them "no" and the sex is so good that you won't want to report the rape or it's ok to say "no" during sex as long as it is part of a fantasy act -- it sends the wrong message either way. No means No. It is socially irresponsible for a writer to promote such hipocracy that will only encourage females to send wrong messages to their peers and even men. As a mom of two teen boys, it's the mixed messages it sends to males that bothers me the most. How are vulnerable females or even males to be protected when we promote such disgraceful acts as positive literature? I know this is simply a story about a fantasy erotica romance however, we are all accountable for our actions and we are all socially responsible for what we do, say, or type and release to the world. If the main character's fantasy was to be raped, then I would have expected to have had some dialogue regarding such preceeding the act as well as a signed contract between the pair. Rape should always be portrayed in a negative light - there is no beauty or sexual bliss in the act for the receiver when the act is not consentual for both parties. ( )
  BookJunkie777 | Oct 16, 2016 |
I thought this was a good book. If you like paranormal romance give it a read. ( )
  MzKitty | Sep 18, 2016 |
Fun, but predictable. ( )
  bgknighton | Sep 1, 2016 |
As always, to my best girlfriends - JoJo, Kim, and Sham. Because they always put up with me. Even when they shouldn't.
"Good lord, you should have seen her face! I thought her eyes were going to pop right out of her head."

Friends fix you up with blind dates. Real friends fix you up with your fantasies...
Regina just ended an awful relationship. The last thing she needs is her friends' help in finding a new one. When they pressure her into sharing her fantasies, she makes up one she thinks could never come true. After all, vampires don't even exist. Right?

Wrong. And Dmitri Vidâme is the proof. He sees Regina's thoughts and knows her darkest fantasies. What Regina needs is someone who bring handcuffs as well as roses and who sees the possibilities offered by her sensual and giving nature.

With all the electricity sparking between them, and some sneaky mental eavesdropping, Dmitri knows she wants him, too. He just doesn't know if she'll feel the same once she finds out about his nocturnal habits and his liquid diet...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312947933, Mass Market Paperback)

When Regina’s friends insist on setting her up a “Fantasy Fix” to help her get over her cheating ex, she dreams up some kinky out-of-this-world encounters that they could never possibly bring to life. But the next thing Regina knows, her friends have got her laced into a shiny black corset, tight leather pants, and a sexy pair of stilettos. It’s time for some downtown vampire-fantasy fun. . . .

The Vampire Ball in Manhattan’s East Village isn’t really Dmitri Vidâme’s idea of a good time, but as a member of the Council that governs the Others, he has to keep an eye on all the young vamps who prey on the pretenders. After he feasts his dark eyes on fiery Regina at the bar, he knows that he must have her. But for the first time Dmitri meets a woman who is more than a match for his indomitable will. And he may be the fantasy Regina hoped for… until she—and her feisty friends—discover her sexy new lover’s bloodsucking secret…

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:11 -0400)

The Vampire Ball in Manhattan's East Village isn't really Dmitri Vidame's idea of a good time, but as a member of the Council that governs The Others, he has to keep an eye on all the young vamps who prey on the pretenders. After he feasts his dark eyes on fiery Regina at the bar, he knows that he must have her.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,578,105 books! | Top bar: Always visible