All I Want for Christmas Is a Vampire (Love…

All I Want for Christmas Is a Vampire (Love at Stake, Book 5) (edition 2008)

by Kerrelyn Sparks

Member:thehistorychic
Title:All I Want for Christmas Is a Vampire (Love at Stake, Book 5)
Authors:Kerrelyn Sparks
Info:Avon (2008), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:2012-read, audible-purchase-2012, audiobook, 4-50-wine-glasses

All I Want For Christmas Is A Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks

This was a good one. I love the addition of Carlos to the story. I hope to read more about him in future books. Toni is a great character. She's strong, and stubborn, but also very loyal and compassionate. I think she is the perfect match for Ian. The struggles they face are different than some of the other couples, not only does Toni already know about vampires when they meat, but her reasons for disliking them go far beyond what other mortal women have felt. I love the side story with Sabrina too and wonder if we will see some more of her in the future books. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
I've always liked Ian MacPhie's character and as this book started, I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. Poor guy couldn't even fit in his coffin anymore. After 500 years trapped in a teenagers body, it must be tough. His awkwardness came across loud and clear. Thankfully, as the story progressed, he fell back to the self-assured character I remember. I thought Toni was a good match for him, too.

I'd describe this installment as "extra" on the cheezy. Dr. Fang is always good for a laugh. Another fun dose of brain candy! ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
Ian took the stay-awake drug so he could age his body from the 15 year one he'd been living in for 500 years. Now he looks like he's 27 and he wants to find a Vamp to settle down with. Of course Fate has decided human Toni fits all his requirements for the perfect mate.

We also get to meet a were-panther in Toni's neighbor, Carlos and that Howard is a bear. Who's next in the series to find love?

A light read to get you in the holiday mood. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
This book didn't hold the same wit Ms. Sparks' other books held. I had to push myself a bit further in the book before I was dragged under and usually it's instantaneous with her books. I do like that Ms. Sparks is starting to feel around in the were-animal realm of things, makes it interesting to see if she will write an HEA for a were instead of a vamp one of these books. I had a feeling Ian's book would be coming once he "grew up" in the last book, and I am super glad he got the opportunity for his HEA.

I think Toni's head is a bit off in this book, she gets attacked by evil vampires and the same day accepts there are vampires and starts working for them; I know it was to help her friend and all but part of that just didn't sit right with me. I love these two characters together, I am glad Ian has a female to push him around after so many years. This book was good but not as good as previous books, maybe the next one will be better. ( )
  rosetyper9 | Nov 12, 2015 |
Each one is better than the last ( )
  CAMMD | Aug 4, 2014 |
This one is for every that reads
the Love at Stake books,
and the booksellers that sell them.
May your lover never be at stake!
The air hummed with bass guitar and rampant lust.

Toni Davis's Christmas wish list:

1. Springing my best friend from the psych ward.

2. Living somewhere that doesn't have coffins in the basement. Occupied coffins.

3. Finding Mr. Right. Please make him tall, dark, handsome, and alive.

This Christmas isn't so merry for Toni. Her best friend's been locked up in a mental hospital ever since she told the police she was attacked by vampires, and the only way for Toni to get her out is to prove that bloodsuckers really do exist.
So she's taken a job as a bodyguard for the Undead, but she gets more than she bargained for, especially when she meets Ian MacPhie, a Scottish rascal looking for Ms. Right.

Although Ian's nearly five centuries old, he looks and acts like a twenty-seven-year-old hunk.
How can a dead man be so damn sexy?
Could Mr. Wrong be Mr. Right?
One forbidden kiss could lead to an eternity of passion--and all it takes is one moment under the mistletoe ...

With her best friend confined to a mental institution after claiming she had been attacked by vampires, Toni can only secure her release by proving that vampires exist, an endeavor that lands her in the arms of gorgeous Ian MacPhie.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,547,609 books! | Top bar: Always visible