The Innocent Mage (Kingmaker, Kingbreaker,…

The Innocent Mage (Kingmaker, Kingbreaker, Book 1) (original 2005; edition 2007)

by Karen Miller

Member:ashinae
Title:The Innocent Mage (Kingmaker, Kingbreaker, Book 1)
Authors:Karen Miller
Info:Orbit (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 642 pages
Collections:Your library, To read, Orbit Books

The Innocent Mage by Karen Miller (2005)

English (31)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  All languages (33)

I'm a little sad to see so many bad reviews for this book. I was enticed by the cover image and the book was torn, I have a thing about damaged books, and then I really feel in love with this story. Yes there moments where I did not like what happened but I really like what was happening over all and carried on. its a book that I've kept for many years and reread once, which is something I don't do often. ( )
  SamCanesi | Feb 5, 2016 |
Awesome ( )
  ellsie98 | Nov 16, 2014 |
Slow paced start, weird main character, but still left me with enough incentive to pick up the 2nd book which is better then the first. ( )
  Lorune | Jul 6, 2014 |
Aaaargh, I have to find the next book as fast as possible!! :D I have really enjoyed reading this one and I've sped trough it quite quickly, but now I'm so curious as to what is going to happen next. ( )
  Moriquen | Oct 4, 2013 |
Orbit,fall07 ( )
  lencicki | Aug 28, 2013 |

Karen Millerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cotton, PeterCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wyatt, DavidCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ze droomden hem -
en hij kwam
Voor mijn ouders, voor hun blinde,
onwankelbare en soms verbluffende vertrouwen.
Zonder jullie had ik het niet gekund.
Prologue: Nine hundred and ninety-seven ... nine hundred and ninety-eight ... nine hundred and ninety-nine ... one thousand!
Asher opened his eyes. At last.
Time to go.
Chapter 1: He's here.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0316067806, Mass Market Paperback)

"The Innocent Mage is come, and we stand at the beginning of the end of everything."

Being a fisherman like his father isn't a bad life, but it's not the one that Asher wants. Despite his humble roots, Asher has grand dreams. And they call him to Dorana, home of princes, beggars?and the warrior mages who have protected the kingdom for generations.

Little does Asher know, however, that his arrival in the city is being closely watched by members of the Circle, people dedicated to preserving an ancient magic.

Asher might have come to the city to make his fortune, but he will find his destiny.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:31 -0400)

The Doranen have ruled Lur with magic since arriving as refugees centuries ago. Theirs was a desperate flight to escape the wrath of a powerful mage who started a war in their homeland. To keep Lur safe, the native Olken inhabitants agreed to abandon their own magic. Magic is now forbidden them, and any who break this law are executed.… (more)

Orbit Books

An edition of this book was published by Orbit Books.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,077,342 books! | Top bar: Always visible