Bond of Darkness: A Novel of Texas Vampires…

Bond of Darkness: A Novel of Texas Vampires (Texas Vampire Novels)

by Diane Whiteside

2013 (1) alternative (1) blood (1) Box 5 (1) c (1) erotica (3) fiction (2) horror (1) living dead (1) lw (1) marina (1) moi (1) mysteries (1) mythical (1) novel (1) paranormal (3) paranormal romance (1) romance (5) S8 (1) series (1) sold (1) supernatural (1) Texas (1) Texas Vampires (5) to-read (4) tp (1) trade size (1) unowned (1) vampires (10) wishlist (1)

I have to say this was my least favorite of the Texas Vampires series. The author spends more time on the politics of Texas and New Orleans than on the chemistry between the characters. I'm glad I finished the book, but it was slow going and I wish the author had explore the relationship between Steve and Ethan more. ( )
  wagner.sarah35 | Mar 16, 2013 |
The conclusion of the Texas Vampires trilogy is told from the perspectives of vampire Ethan Templeton and Texas Ranger Stephanie ‘Steve’ Darling. Ethan and Steve have been lovers off and on for 15 years. When the war between Celeste and Don Rafael heats up Steve starts putting pieces together and realizes many of the deaths of young women across Texas have been caused by a vampire. Is her lover the serial killer? Or are there more vampires out there? She has a duty to uphold the law, but if it’s her lover will she be able to bring him in? There’s only one way to find out the truth. She has to confront Ethan. Will she survive?

I loved this conclusion to the series. This book was almost entirely in the present day. Only the beginning back tracked a bit into the early 1900s. Told mostly from Ethan’s and Steve’s perspective we get a different view of events as they happened in the other books.

Many people complained it was confusing or irritating because the story had already been told, but I like seeing a story from another character’s (or characters’) pov. I was able to get a greater grasp on what was happening, so it was a fuller and richer experience for me. I’m a bit sad the story (the trilogy) has ended. ( )
  AVoraciousReader | Feb 1, 2013 |
I must say, right from the beginning, that I found the sex scenes between Steve (Stephanie) Reynolds and Ethan Templeton to be hotter than a scalding steam bath. A reading of certain passages will keep you burning on a cold night.

Steve is a tough gun toting Texas Ranger ready to go after whatever nasties are around. There is, however, another side to her. Steve has dreams of a nice little house with a white picket fence and little kiddies running around the yard. Here's the problem. She is madly in love with Ethan a hot, hunky, sexy guy who is also a vampire. That means no little house, or little kids, and absolutely no picket fence. In a moment of madness she breaks away from Ethan and marries Fred, much to her regret. The marriage didn't last, of course, and as soon as she is once again available Ethan let her know he is ready to take up where they had left off. So is she! Their get-togethers are to die for.

But Bond of Darkness is more than erotic fantasy. It is also a gritty tale of justice seen mainly through the eyes of Steve and Ethan. Steve hunts down dangerous drug dealers and then goes after a serial killer that makes the viciousness of the drug lords look like child's play. Ethan owes allegiance to Don Rafael, a 600 year-old, powerful vampire who rules Texas and Oklahoma. The Don is furious because of the horrific murders that have taken place in his territory. It will be up to Ethan and his men to hunt down the killer.

Steve and Ethan do love one another but Ethan's poor impulse control, even when in Steve's defense, causes a serious breech. Not to worry! This is a romance after all, and a darn good one.
  paltner-new | Nov 16, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 042522354X, Paperback)

The national bestselling ?master of erotic prose?(Booklist) delivers the third and final novel in her acclaimed erotic vampire trilogy.

For 150 years, Ethan Templeton has happily followed Don Rafael Perez, vampire patron of Texas. But now Ethan has fallen in love with Stephanie Darling?known as Steve?a Texas Ranger and mere mortal. Unfortunately, a future with Steve is impossible. Because if Ethan turns her into a vampire, the price is execution by Don Rafael?the only one allowed to create vampires in Texas.

But working together to stop a serial killer makes Ethan reconsider the price of forever, especially with Steve?s life suddenly in danger. He can?t help but think it?s worth the gamble?especially if it means he?ll save the life of the woman he loves. But will Steve agree?or will she refuse her one chance at eternal life, lust, and love?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:17 -0400)

This new edition of the Oxford School Dictionary of Word Origins unravels the history of thousands of words and phrases, with new feature entries and a full central section focussing on the cool and curious words we use. With colour headwords and quirky character illustrations, this new edition tells the stories of where words come from, whether they are to do with food, the supernatural, fashion, invented words, or words from the 80s, 90s, and noughties. This informative and humourous dictionary will entertain all ages from eight to eighty.8 yrs+.Linguistics.Dictionary.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,616,298 books! | Top bar: Always visible