Kin by Holly Black

Kin

by Holly Black, Ted Naifeh (Illustrator)

This was a really good story. I'm hoping to be able to find the other ones at the library so I can continue reading the story. ( )
  JillKenna | Dec 23, 2017 |
Short & sweet: A good contemporary fantasy with Faerie at odds with humanity. Much darker than Black's SPIDERWICK CHRONICLES but worth the time.

An interesting contemporary graphic novel (Part I of a series) about a young girl coming into her half-fae gifts and how to face the world previously unseen. Rue (main POV) is a well-done character with more depth than I expected. Will have to look up more in this series, as KIN only gets the story going. Ted Naifeh's art is appropriately dark and evocative and makes good use of the black and white medium; a nice change over far-too-colorful faerie interpretations over the years that distract from the story. ( )
  SESchend | Sep 6, 2017 |
Nothing like some dark faeries to get the reader interested. ( )
  Sarahliz2182 | Jul 1, 2017 |
Nothing like some dark faeries to get the reader interested. ( )
  Sarahliz2182 | Jun 30, 2017 |
Beautiful illustrations! Great creepy weird story - and the writing style goes along so well with that vibe. ( )
  pickleroad | Nov 10, 2016 |
The Good Neighbors is a very good book and an excellent start to a new series. The art may not have been my cup of tea, but it was only a minor gripe.

Holly Blackprimary authorall editionscalculated
Naifeh, TedIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
My name is Rue, like kangaroo or like you'll rue the day we met, mwa-ha-ha!

From the amazing imagination of bestselling author Holly Black, a mysterious and wonderful teen graphic novel masterpiece.

Rue Silver's mother has disappeared . . . and her father has been arrested, suspected of killing her. But it's not as straightforward as that. Because Rue is a faerie, like her mother was. And her father didn't kill her mother -- instead, he broke a promise to Rue's faerie king grandfather, which caused Rue's mother to be flung back to the faerie world. Now Rue must go to save her -- and must also defeat a dark faerie that threatens our very mortal world.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:01:07 -0400)

Sixteen-year-old Rue Silver, whose mother disappeared weeks ago, believes she is going crazy until she learns that the strange things she has been seeing are real, and that she is one of the faerie creatures, or Good Neighbors, that mortals cannot see.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,184,831 books! | Top bar: Always visible