Dr. Seuss's ABC: An Amazing Alphabet…

Dr. Seuss's ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book! (1963)

by Dr. Seuss

Series: I CAN READ IT ALL BY MYSELF, Beginning Books

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Jr. Martin (SadieReads)
    SadieReads: Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is another alphabet book for small children.

English (167)  German (1)  All languages (168)
On of those books you can read over and over. Dr, Seuss creates unusual and fantastic creatures for each letter of the alphabet. Aunt Annie's Alligator A A A! ( )
  JenHopkins | Nov 24, 2015 |
I had to use this book for a lesson plan for EDUC 2200. My lesson was about syllables and phonological awareness and I pulled words from the text to teach the subject. ( )
  kesteves | Nov 18, 2015 |
I really enjoyed this book because I think it's a great way for English Language Learner's to practice their alphabet skills. There are so many different activities they can do with each page: recognizing what's a real word and made up word, practicing letter recognition and pronunciation, and reading skills. Children can also locate all of the "B's" on a page. The only thing that may be tricky for English Language Learners would be distinguishing what is a real English word and what isn't. Non-English Language Learners could also use this as an activity to determine what words are real and made up, since they are state-tested on that. Dr. Seuss makes every page memorable and different, yet still focuses on the concept of alphabet learning, which I loved. ( )
  alexavecchio | Oct 23, 2015 |
repetition of the letters of the alphabet meet alliteration meet colorful characters in a Bright and Early beginning book.
  Stephanie_Addison | Oct 21, 2015 |
This is a good alphabet book with gobs of alliteration and kids with funny names, but I have to admit it's shaken my smug Canadian faith in the superiority of zed over zee. At the end there's a recap of all the letters gone by, and you read them out and turn the page on a cliffhanger, and after bee cee ee gee pee tee vee, of course Emmett yells out "ZEE!!!!" and I had to tell him it was zed and it was kind of a letdown really. ( )
9 vote MeditationesMartini | Jul 7, 2015 |

Dr. Seussprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Mayall, RikNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Big A little a What begins with A?

Lawson/LIB 428 Desc. - While this has classic elements of an ABC book, its greatest elements are that is 'not' a classic ABC book. Of the many strengths is that is presents the smaller letter with the larger version and in Seuss style has the rhyme, repeition, alliteration etc. But what I love is the introduction of fun words. Aside from U is for Umbrella it also has D is for Doughnut and C is for Camel rather than the usual words. This is also a board book and perfect for the infant/toddler classroom.

"An alphabet book with zany drawings and nonsensical verse provides an entertaining way for small children to learn the letters and their sounds."--Booklist.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:10 -0400)

Dr. Seuss presents the letters and their sounds, and shows how the sounds join to form words.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,863,536 books! | Top bar: Always visible