Dr. Seuss's ABC / Beginner Books by Dr.…

Dr. Seuss's ABC / Beginner Books (original 1963; edition 1991)

by Dr. Seuss

Member:kenneshabell
Title:Dr. Seuss's ABC / Beginner Books
Authors:Dr. Seuss
Info:

Dr. Seuss's ABC by Dr. Seuss (1963)

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr. (SadieReads)
    SadieReads: Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is another alphabet book for small children.

English (148)  German (1)  All languages (149)
I have to say, I don't enjoy reading this book. I see in the reviews that there is a longer version, and I think I might like that more. This one just gets on my nerves. My son seems to really enjoy it, though. ( )
  sturlington | Oct 19, 2014 |
Loved this one as a child. ( )
  pussreboots | Sep 21, 2014 |
I totally love Dr. Seuss books. My children love them and I love to read them to children. Children learn so much about who he was and how much he brightened children's lives. ( )
  lannersvalerie | Sep 19, 2014 |
Dr. Seuss is most definitely one of my favorite children's authors. I still have all of my Dr. Seuss books from when I was younger. This one focuses on learning the alphabet. It's a very simple book, filled with plenty of pictures, and it doesn't stray from the topic (the alphabet) at all. Great for preschool or kindergarteners!
  ErinnnPratt | Jun 9, 2014 |
Dr. Seuss wins again - this alphabet book is as much fun to read aloud as it is to look at. It incorporates real words with nonsense words, giving students an opportunity to practice decoding skills. It has wacky and imaginative illustrations using primary colors. It utilizes repetition, "Goat girl goo-goo goggles, G G G," this book would be perfect for beginning readers. ( )
  mccooln | Jun 7, 2014 |

Dr. Seussprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Mayall, RikNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Big A little a What begins with A?

Lawson/LIB 428 Desc. - While this has classic elements of an ABC book, its greatest elements are that is 'not' a classic ABC book. Of the many strengths is that is presents the smaller letter with the larger version and in Seuss style has the rhyme, repeition, alliteration etc. But what I love is the introduction of fun words. Aside from U is for Umbrella it also has D is for Doughnut and C is for Camel rather than the usual words. This is also a board book and perfect for the infant/toddler classroom.

"An alphabet book with zany drawings and nonsensical verse provides an entertaining way for small children to learn the letters and their sounds."--Booklist.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:02:34 -0400)

Dr. Seuss presents the letters and their sounds, and shows how the sounds join to form words.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,407,659 books! | Top bar: Always visible