Dr. Seuss's ABC by Dr. Seuss

Dr. Seuss's ABC (original 1963; edition 1963)

by Dr. Seuss

Member:gbill
Title:Dr. Seuss's ABC
Authors:Dr. Seuss
Info:Grolier (1963), Edition: Book Club, Hardcover
Rating:****1/2

Dr. Seuss's ABC by Dr. Seuss (1963)

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr. (SadieReads)
    SadieReads: Chicka Chicka Boom Boom is another alphabet book for small children.

English (145)  German (1)  All languages (146)
Dr. Seuss is most definitely one of my favorite children's authors. I still have all of my Dr. Seuss books from when I was younger. This one focuses on learning the alphabet. It's a very simple book, filled with plenty of pictures, and it doesn't stray from the topic (the alphabet) at all. Great for preschool or kindergarteners!
  ErinnnPratt | Jun 9, 2014 |
Dr. Seuss wins again - this alphabet book is as much fun to read aloud as it is to look at. It incorporates real words with nonsense words, giving students an opportunity to practice decoding skills. It has wacky and imaginative illustrations using primary colors. It utilizes repetition, "Goat girl goo-goo goggles, G G G," this book would be perfect for beginning readers. ( )
  mccooln | Jun 7, 2014 |
Great use of alliteration in this book and the best part is the silly characters and the made-up words or names for these characters "zizzer-zazzer-zuzz". I also like that it introduces lower case letters with the upper case.
  vanessa.wallace | Jun 7, 2014 |
Dr. Seuss's ABC is a great book for a beginning reader and writer. It goes over all 26 letters of the alphabet and provides examples of words (some real, some not) that associate with that letter. I really liked that it was repetitive so that children are being reminded of the letters in the alphabet. It's hard for me not to be biased with Dr. Seuss books because I enjoyed them so much as a kid and love his creativity. Another five star book! ( )
  bmmoore | May 7, 2014 |
I am a lover of Dr. Seuss so I went on a spree of reading these books to my son! He is getting to that age, 8 months, where listening to me reading is a bunch of fun! In the next couple years to come he will be learning his Abc's! I cannot wait to share this book again with him in the future to show him how much fun learning can be! This book is a fun and creative way to show children their Abc's. ( )
  CMJohnson | Apr 28, 2014 |

Dr. Seussprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Mayall, RikNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Big A little a What begins with A?

Lawson/LIB 428 Desc. - While this has classic elements of an ABC book, its greatest elements are that is 'not' a classic ABC book. Of the many strengths is that is presents the smaller letter with the larger version and in Seuss style has the rhyme, repeition, alliteration etc. But what I love is the introduction of fun words. Aside from U is for Umbrella it also has D is for Doughnut and C is for Camel rather than the usual words. This is also a board book and perfect for the infant/toddler classroom.

"An alphabet book with zany drawings and nonsensical verse provides an entertaining way for small children to learn the letters and their sounds."--Booklist.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:02:34 -0400)

Dr. Seuss presents the letters and their sounds, and shows how the sounds join to form words.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,671,956 books! | Top bar: Always visible