Shadow Web by N. M. Browne

Shadow Web

by N. M. Browne

A girl by the name of Jessica Allendon, who lives in London, searches up her name on the internet one day. She then finds someone else with the same first and last name as her and decides to arrange a place where they would meet up. When they meet up, Jessica finds herself in a weird situation where she is pulled back in time and has to live as the other Jessica Allendon. She struggles to fit in with everyone else and tries to keep the fact that she is not the Jessica that was from that alternate universe. She tries to trust others, which did not go so well, and finds herself having to face new challenges and deal with close deaths, new feelings/emotions, new faces and how it feels to be a criminal escaping. After all that craziness, the two Jessica Allendons get back into their own time zones with the help of
I liked this book. I thought that it was a good book because while this book is under the history genre, it also has romance and action in it too. I enjoy reading books like these that make me want to continue reading forever.
I like how the author made what was written clear.
I think the themes of this book is don't trust just anyone, and we should think through the situation we're in carefully to make sure we don't make the wrong choice.
I think that many people can relate to how Jessica feels towards Jono (I think thats his name..), and a lot of people would be unsure of where to start off if they switched places into different universes.
I don't think a lot of people would be interested in this book, but I think people ages 14 and up might read this book more often. ( )
  chibimonkiez | Apr 30, 2010 |
This is an alternative history set in London in 2008, but resembles a bygone era. Jessica Allendon is catapulted into this alternate world as she unintentionally finds herself swapping places with a parallel universe Jessica. This is a world in which women are subservient to men. The attitudes are those of about 50 years ago, and would certainly make a teen appreciate being born into this time/universe, warts and all.

This is a book to make one think. Reads well, but will not appeal to all teens. Ages 12+ ( )
  quizzylizzy | Jul 8, 2009 |
For Paul, husband and history freak without whom nothing much would happen
It began when I was not doing my hisotry essay - same old story. I needed a break and I decided to google for my name. Sad I know, but don't tell me you haven't done it. I had to be a bit furtive because Mum didn't like me going on MSN all the time.

This chilling, thrilling adventure begins when a teenage girl finds herself trapped in a creepy London with an alternative history.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,424,976 books! | Top bar: Always visible