Night Secrets by Cherry Adair
204357,794 (3.58)2

Sydney McBride needs a hit book so she consents to undergo plastic surgery in order to write about her experiences and possibly save her career. This is the 2nd installment in the T-FLAC series and I found it a bit disappointing. The characters were good and I thought the story had potential but it just didn't come together. Too many things were just left hanging. I debated between two and three starts and decided to be generous since I have really like Cherry Adair's other books. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
I really enjoyed our 2 main characters. She was so curious, had a great internal strength and had a big family which is great. He is that broken home bad boy that I just love and sexy as hell to boot. The story was interesting and intriguing throughout the whole book. The romance was fun to watch either interaction with each other and they had great chemistry. The book pushed some crazy lines, that made me a bit shocked that Cherry when there (I won't say when, but man was it sad and insane), but good for her for pushing limits. The part that lost some stars for me was the ending, I really didn't like it. It felt hasty and incompletely. I'm use to Cherry's book having a nice fairly tided up ending, but this one left a lot of questions for me, even though it is part of a series. The first one did leave a question, but not as much as this one. I sure hope in the next book it is all explained. ( )
  Kr15tina | Jan 16, 2015 |
"Night Secrets" is Cherry Adair's latest sexy, nail-biting, page-turner of a book. It's book two in her 'Night' trilogy about three dark and dangerous T-FLAC/psi ops wizards who find love in the midst of danger and bullets.

Sydney is a writer struggling to make a comeback. She's currently about to finish her latest book on plastic surgery and is in Brazil recovering from the breast implants her publishing company required to make her book more authentic. The clinic is top-notch and Sydney is surrounded by the ultra-rich and famous when the peace is disturbed by helicopters and men in black with serious-looking guns doing a door-to-door search. Sydney's not worried, after all she's here alo...what the heck? Where did Mr. Tall, Dark, and Naked come from?

Lucas is a T-FLAC/psi wizard whose powers are on the fritz. When his invisibility powers fail he transports himself to the nearest cottage. It doesn't matter if it's occupied, he'll just use his handy powers to influence the minds of whoever may be there. He just needs a place to hide til he recovers from both the gunshot and the power drain. Whoa! Did he luck out or what? 'His' cottage is occupied by a gorgeous, brown-haired, stacked chick! Uh, oh...his 'influence' won't work on her, but on the plus side, she can amp his powers up to unbelievable levels!

Terrorists, blackmail, organ theft, shootouts, and magicouts? with smoking hot sex thrown in as icing on the cake. If you like magic, suspense, and hot romance, don't miss "Night Secrets" by Cherry Adair. You may want to start with the first in the series "Night Fall", and "Night Shadow" is the final and it's already out! ( )
  jjmachshev | Nov 29, 2008 |
He was screwed.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345499913, Mass Market Paperback)

Sydney McBride is writing a profile on a plastic surgery spa in Rio that caters to celebrities, and she’s going under the knife herself–all to revive her sagging career. But then she gets wind of an even bigger story. Among the nips and tucks she discovers a mysterious and devastatingly attractive man claiming he’s come to Rio to foil a plot that has the potential to unleash worldwide horror. Lucas Fox is Sydney’s ticket to a comeback–one that could relaunch her into the limelight. All she has to do is gain his trust.

But Lucas Fox trusts no one. He’s a drop-dead gorgeous T-FLAC operative whose paranormal powers are flickering–but whose powers in bed rocket Sydney to a place she didn’t know existed. Now, with the astounding secrets that she and Lucas have uncovered at the spa, Sydney is willing to take on her most risky career move of all. She’ll work side by side with a world-hopping wizard–stopping only for the most forbidden pleasures along the way.

The night sizzles to new heights in these novels of romantic suspense

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:44 -0400)

"Penning a profile of Rio's hottest star-studded plastic surgery spa, writer Sydney McBride is going under the knife herself--all to revive a sagging career. But there's a bigger, more scintillating story afoot for the daring journalist. When a mysterious, incredibly hot fugitive seeks refuge in her bungalow, Sydney agrees to let him pose as her boyfriend--hoping to gain his confidence. Too bad Lucas Fox trusts no one. After uncovering an astounding conspiracy, Sydney and Lucas team up to prevent a global catastrophe: a terrorist organization marketing a virulent form of biotoxin plans nightmarish demonstrations of its deadly product. Going to war against a world-hopping wizard, Sydney and Lucas find themselves working side by side, stopping along the way for only the most scintillating pleasures. The drop-dead gorgeous T-FLAC operative's paranormal powers may be flickering, but his bedroom skills rocket Sydney to breathtaking heights she didn't know existed."--p. [4] of cover.… (more)

Cherry Adair is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,558,243 books! | Top bar: Always visible