Proud Man Walking by Claudio Ranieri

Proud Man Walking

by Claudio Ranieri

621,268,033 (3.5)None

One of the good things about living 150 miles away from my beloved Leicester City FC is that, when an item appears in a local car boot sale, it is cheap. I paid fifty pence for a pristine copy of this book, by our new manager. I was hoping for an insight into the man.

I was not disappointed in my aspirations but, there was an awful lot of Chelsea match reports to wade through to get there. I really was not sure why the book was written. It is the story of Chelsea Football Club through the transformative season 2003-4. For those interested in football, this was the season that Roman Abramovich, a wealthy Russian businessman bought the club and a middling Premier League team started to move towards the top. You might think that this answers my question as to why the book was penned but, we get very little about the owner, and a match report for every game of the season.

There are some informative sides to this tome, certainly, I have a better idea of the man at our helm and the demonised John Terry is shown to be a decent chap. I would be forced to conclude, however, that unless you are a Chelsea fan (unlikely, I know) or a Leicester fan (MUCH more likely) , I would not rush to add this title to your library. ( )
  the.ken.petersen | Jul 29, 2015 |
An account of his final season of managing Chelsea FC
  SteveHolden | Mar 1, 2009 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,830,707 books! | Top bar: Always visible