Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss

Hop on Pop (original 1963; edition 1963)

by Dr. Seuss

Member:yrizaria
Title:Hop on Pop
Authors:Dr. Seuss
Info:Beginner Books (1963), Hardcover
Rating:***
Tags:children

Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss (1963)

GR: J
GL: 1.1
DRA: 16
Lexile:
  Infinityand1 | Aug 2, 2016 |
I have been a fan of Dr. Seuss books since I first started reading them. This book, like the others, was fun to read aloud to children. I could see how engaged they were as I read. The rhyming and funny illustrations kept the children smiling and wanting more.
This book is great for introducing students to rhyming and showing them how to put sentences together. The simplicity of it will make it much easier to follow along. I highly recommend reading multiple Dr. Seuss books if you instead of just choosing one. ( )
  srmorgan | Apr 19, 2016 |
Please don't hop on pop! ( )
  HungryMonster | Mar 10, 2016 |
Please don't hop on pop! ( )
  HungryMonster | Mar 10, 2016 |
I really enjoyed this book after I read it. First, I loved the writing in this book because it really focuses on taking a few words that rhyme and then it puts them into simple sentences that are great for children who are trying to read simple books that also can slightly challenge them. Like they can learn just the words of hop and pop and then connect them in a sentence. I also loved the illustrations in this book because even though some of the objects present in the book might not see believable in existence, but they still follow along with the story and can show the reader what is happening like with hop and pop the page shows two children hoping on someone named POP. ( )
  mhartz4 | Mar 9, 2016 |
UP
PUP
Pup is up.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 039480029X, Hardcover)

First published in 1963, Hop on Pop remains a perennial favorite when it comes to teaching kids to read. Here, as in most of his extensive body of work, Dr. Seuss creates uncomplicated, monosyllabic rhymes to foster learning and inspire children to read. But what was radical about this little book at the time of publication (and what makes it still compelling today) is Seuss's departure from the traditionally dull pictures and sentences used in reading primers. In contrast, the illustrations here are wild and wonderful, and the accompanying language, while simple, is delightfully silly. For example, the rhyme "THREE TREE / Three fish in a tree / Fish in a tree? / How can that be?" is brought to life with a trio of plump, self-satisfied fish perched atop globular branches as two stymied hybrid dog-rabbit-humanoids look on in consternation. Hop on Pop does much more than teach children the basics of word construction, it also introduces them to the incomparable pleasure of reading a book. (Ages Baby to Preschooler)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:44 -0400)

Pairs of rhyming words are introduced and used in simple sentences, such as "Day. Play. We play all day. Night. Fight. We fight all night."

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,500,764 books! | Top bar: Always visible