The Tomorrow Code by Brian Falkner

The Tomorrow Code

by Brian Falkner

Recently added byprivate library, HunterMiddle, dm13, brainx, Lorem

This book was ok, the beginning drove me batty though. "in the first place," "fact one," "and for another fact", on and on to the second and third facts... But then it got better or I just stopped reading every word. Not sure.

Gave my hope that my book can be published. :) ( )
  CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |

Gave my hope that my book can be published. :) ( )
  CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |
The alien being fought is an antibody for the earth. The disease it is fighting is humans. This is a thought I had had long before that humans are a cancer on the earth, growing and destroying as they expand. More sci fi and mystery than time travel, though there is a time travel element. ( )
  njcur | Feb 13, 2014 |
An exciting, suspenseful, terrifying eco-thriller with interesting, believable characters. Read my entire review ( )
  SheilaRuth | Aug 23, 2013 |
Set in NZ - this time travel fantasy/adventure involves a biological invasion/disaster... and two teenagers, one a brilliant daughter of scientists, the other a creative son of a famous Maori artist. Tane and Rebecca. In their 2nd year of high school. They figure out how to send messages to themselves in the future and read messages now from themselves in the future...... They build a receiver from the future.... Morse code in the quantum foam.

Tane's older brother Fatboy provides support whenever a grown-up is needed, and he also plays a love-interest in Rebecca, though Tane is always destined to be the one for Rebecca -- as they are lifelong childhood friends.

katie | Apr 7, 2013 |
For Rachel, Nicki, Frances, Ray, and Nancy, My Team of Secret Agents, without whom nothing would have happened.  And for Claire B., who was right.
The end of the world started quietly enough for Tane Williams and Rebecca Richards, lying on their backs on a wooden platform on Lake Sunnyvale.

“The end of the world started quietly enough for Tane Williams and Rebecca Richards. . . .”

Tane and Rebecca aren’t sure what to make of it—a sequence of 1s and 0s, the message looks like nothing more than a random collection of alternating digits. Working to decode it, however, they discover that the message contains lottery numbers . . . lottery numbers that win the next random draw! More messages follow, and slowly it becomes clear—the messages are being sent from Tane and Rebecca’s future. Something there has gone horribly wrong, and it’s up to them to prevent it from happening. The very survival of the human race may be at stake!

“[A] terrifying SF page-turner!”—Booklist

“A tautly constructed plot. Fast-paced and all-too-realistic. This technothriller offers gearhead ecowarriors everything, including a hugely satisfying ending.”—Kirkus Reviews

A Top 10 Kid’s Indie Next Winter Pick
A Junior Library Guild Selection

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:03:57 -0400)

Two New Zealand teenagers receive a desperate SOS from their future selves and set out on a quest to stop an impending ecological disaster that could mean the end of humanity.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,699,541 books! | Top bar: Always visible