Robotics (High Interest Books: Life in the…

Robotics (High Interest Books: Life in the Future)

by Mark Beyer

102880,191 (2)None

1. Main character
Robotics

2. Write the summary of the book.

As technology gets more and more advanced, robots will do more things for us. Robots will be used to do dangerous jobs for people. Robotics is also being used to help the human body do its job. Scientists are working on many new and amazing ways for robotic machines to help our bodies. Robotics isn't just for work. Today's robot toys come in many shapes and sizes. Toys can now walk, talk―and even learn.
What exactly is the future of robotics? We know we are moving toward a world where robots play an important role.

3. Write your feelings about the book in details.

The first robot toy was made in 1930s. It was made of tin and could only move its arms(See p 27).

It must have been expensive in the past.

4. Write the words, phrases or sentences that impressed you most in the book and explain why they impressed you. Or you could write your questions about the book.

In 1998, Warwick put a computer chip into his arm. The chip communicated with computers in his lab and told them where in the lab he was(See p 39).

It's the same function as GPS or what is called "kid's mobile". Surprisingly, he put the chip into his arm! ( )
  n.oyaizu | Sep 13, 2009 |
This is a very interesting book, which will be great for students who are new to knowledge of the field of robotics, and also gives great information to those who are already technologically savvy. This book helps students understand the technology used today, and prepare for a future where we will be quite possibly much more dependant on robotics.

Science fiction becomes science fact in this intriguing series that explores the extraordinary scientific advances modern man is making - and their impact on society, economics and our future.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:36 -0400)

Takes a look at the current state and future of the field of robotics, emphasizing that robots are already playing an important role in making our lives easier.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,725,986 books! | Top bar: Always visible