We're Going on a Nature Hunt by Steve…

We're Going on a Nature Hunt

by Steve Metzger

210755,654 (5)None

a few little children are going on a nature hunt throughout the woods and find all sorts of fun things.
1 book
  TUCC | Dec 20, 2016 |
Summary: This book is about three children that are going on a nature hunt. They look at wildflowers, a pond, a frog, worms, a nest, and a beehive. This book teaches them how to treat nature and to not disrupt it.

Personal Response: I like nature and all of the different things it can relate to. Children love to play around outside and to play in the dirt. They could relate to this book because they have all been outside before and have observed their surroundings.

Classroom Extension Ideas:
1. The class could go on a nature walk and observe what they see. They could see if they saw the same things as the children in the book or if they saw something different.
2. The class could make a map of the path that the children went on when they went on their nature walk.
  Kourtlin.Harrison | Nov 15, 2011 |
This is a story about children who travel through the woods and experience a variety of particular items found in the woods, such as a beehive and a frog.

I live in the country and when we first moved here my daughter was always exploring our land and finding new and exciting things.

A great book to start off a lesson on the different regions of America
  loadedbs | Oct 24, 2010 |
We're going on a Nature Hunt is about three children who goes on a hunt and during their hunt they see different things like sun flowers, a frog, bee hives, and eggs in a bird nest in the tree. In the end they walk back home and play with each other.
I notice in this book that they use different race of children, which I thought was cool that they show children getting along with each other who are different race.
This book would be a good book to introduce to children and show them that it ok to play with different race of children. So I would use this in my class when I teach.
  yd782615 | Oct 24, 2010 |
We're going on a nature hunt is a story about and group of children who go exploring in the woods and come across different creatures and items only found in the woods.

I can relate to this story because my family and I are outdoor people. we are alwaays outside and we live in the country. we always see different kinds of animals and insects.

First we could read different books about nature and the outdoors Then our class could go on a nature hunt and explore the outside world. we could pick up things ( things that aren't dangerous of course) along the way to bring back to the classroom and sit and share on the carpet.
  gena93 | Oct 15, 2010 |

On a perfect spring day three friends go on a nature hunt.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,375,969 books! | Top bar: Always visible