1001 Books for Every Mood by Hallie Ephron

1001 Books for Every Mood (2007)

by Hallie Ephron

I am still using this book as a reference guide ... Love how Hallie gave us her thoughts on so many books for whatever we are in the mood for ... Great book to flip through, tag the pages you like, and go back to again and again! Thanks, Hallie! ( )
  KPhotoWrtr2 | Sep 12, 2017 |
Not a book you sit down and read cover to cover--rather, a book for browsing through, and pleasant enough for that. I used this to add to my reading list. There are very brief summaries of each book, a helpful "literary merit" rating, and nice icons indicating whether the book is a page turner, family friendly, challenging, etc. I wasn't sure I trusted all these icons when I saw that [The Road] by Cormac McCarthy was labeled "humorous," but perhaps it was a typo and she meant "brainy" or, possibly, "cannibalistic." Overall, fun and useful. ( )
  sturlington | Jan 18, 2017 |
great diversity of books ( )
  katieloucks | Feb 26, 2016 |
The first half is very well-picked and offers a lot suggestions, the second half though is very specific without that many. ( )
  borhap | Aug 27, 2013 |
Loved the organization and format ( )
  cait815 | Apr 1, 2013 |
In memory of my mother, Phoebe Ephron, who would have had lots of opinions about what to put in this book.

Serves up a literary feast, sure to satisfy your emotional appetite. This is your must-have guide to hours and hours of reading pleasure, no matter what your mood!

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,991,638 books! | Top bar: Always visible