When Zeffie Got a Clue by Peggy Darty

When I was younger I loved mysteries. I love to read them and watch them on various television shows or movies. My mother, my sisters, and I all watched Murder She Wrote together when I was really young and I can still remember the popcorn on the floor... [author: Peggy Darty] has made a really believable mystery stand out in this [book: When Zeffie Got a Clue]. I found out the hard way that this is the third in a series, and although I have not read the others and was able to understand the plot completely, there were some points where I was largely frustrated and a mention of a previous event that I can only assume would have been explained in a previous cozy mystery. I do fully intend to put [book: When the Sandpiper Calls] and [book: When Bobbie Sang the Blues] on my TBR pile. Zeffie is a sweet little girl in an unfortunate point of circumstances in her young life and Christy, the local mystery writer/murder solver of the area of Summer Breeze, Florida is able to jump into detective mode and seek out answers to find for Zeffie's questions as well as others that are closer to home from her own youth. This is the first Christian cozy mystery that I have read, and it really makes me thirst for more. The overall story is riveting and near impossible to put down once started. There are many different emotions and as a reader, one really gets pull into everything that is going on and debates all of the clues themselves.I really recommend this book if you have a few hours to spare and jump in to see if you can help Christy and Zeffie find what they are looking for! ( )
  cherryblossommj | Dec 14, 2009 |
  cherryblossommj | Dec 14, 2009 |

Christy Castleman discovers a clue to a cold case murder mystery inside a jewelry box. Despite warnings from her family and boyfriend, Christy decides to do a little detective work of her own. Soon she finds there is more to the small box than someone wants her to know.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,472,962 books! | Top bar: Always visible